• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE Wall

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE Wall

So, who to blame for the shut-down?

It would be interesting to see a chart showing the cost of Trump’s wall compared to budget. US spending is 4.4 trillion dollars this year and the wall costs only 5 B. An elephant and a mouse. Spread the cost of the wall over ten years, an elephant and a cricket. Take into account the security savings and the multiplier in economic benefit for the construction phase, the continued savings in security, an elephant and a mosquito. I suspect that Las Vegas spends more on over passesevery year.

Many years ago, we walked across the border at Nogales and as wepassed through the turnstyle gate, two little Mexican kids squirted through right alongside our legs, just like they do this all the time - we thought it was funny but memorable.

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
    So, who to blame for the shut-down?

Its not the money, its the ideology. Both sides are to blame. Dems for not wanting any security when most have them have voted for it in the past.

And Trump for poor messaging. Had he started calling this border security and immigration reform instead of the wall which was dog whistle for his supporters, he would have lots of funding by now.

Comment

The dumocraps are responsible. Time for them to negotiate. A small tax on out of country fund transfer or border crossings and voila Mexico pays for it as Trump has said all along. Now I am aware that a wall is not going to solve all the border security problems, but is a tool to advance the cause. Nothing wrong with having to go through legal channels if you want to emigrate. Have looked at US immigration myself as I do not see a future for me or my 7 year old son in Canuckistan. I am likely to old now at 49 and not rich enough to get this done so it will not happen for me. My son may have to immigrate some day though.

Comment

When over 90% of the heroin comes from Mexico a wall is a no brainer. Schumer, Obama, Biden and a strong majority supported a wall in the past.
        Now that Trump is promoting the idea they are in opposition.

Comment

Object lessons can be so useful...

https://www.infowars.com/video-police-respond-to-illegal-aliens-camping-at-nancy-pelosis-house/ https://www.infowars.com/video-police-respond-to-illegal-aliens-camping-at-nancy-pelosis-house/

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
            Have looked at US immigration myself as I do not see a future for me or my 7 year old son in Canuckistan. I am likely to old now at 49 and not rich enough to get this done so it will not happen for me. My son may have to immigrate some day though.

ajl, you must have read my mind. Exactly the same boat as you, 49, small farm and 3 girls under 7 and wonder what sort of future in Canada they will have when the bill comes due. A dually citizenship would be the best investment in their future as far as I am concerned.

Far as I can tell, a person needs to get a green card first for 5 yrs before you can become a US citizen or buy your self in with $500k investment.

https://business.financialpost.com/news/economy/pwcs-brave-report-forecasts-egypt-and-pakistan-will-surpass-canadas-economy-by-2050 Egypt and Pakistan will surpass Canada's economy by 2050
            Last edited by jazz; Jan 17, 2019, 12:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
              When over 90% of the heroin comes from Mexico a wall is a no brainer. Schumer, Obama, Biden and a strong majority supported a wall in the past.
              Now that Trump is promoting the idea they are in opposition.
              So given that figures show 98% of crime guns in Canada originate in the U.S are you in favour of us building a wall on our southern border - and asking Orange to pay for it?

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                So given that figures show 98% of crime guns in Canada originate in the U.S are you in favour of us building a wall on our southern border - and asking Orange to pay for it?
                Far as guns are concerned, from what I see criminals are just getting rid of each other around here. As for Montreal, same scenario. Farmers use them to fend off vermin and some hunting for food. But you have heard this all before yet continue to sing the same song. You may need to defend yourself or your family some day, then I bet your tune will change.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  Far as guns are concerned, from what I see criminals are just getting rid of each other around here. As for Montreal, same scenario.....
                  So by the same token drugs are Ok, they're only killing US drug addicts so why is there a need to build a wall to keep them out?

Comment

So by the same token drugs are Ok, they're only killing US drug addicts so why is there a need to build a wall to keep them out?

I guess you haven’t kept up with the news. Too bad.

Comment

Solid point that gun control doesn’t work and either do weak sentences for Canadian gang bangers and as recently experienced even radical Islamic ISIS shooters in Toronto don’t follow laws. 🙀

Comment

Lets not confuse the issue with chatter about gun control or ISIS.

Oliver88 stated that "When over 90% of the heroin comes from Mexico a wall is a no brainer...."

On that basis you've got to agree that when 98% of crime guns in Canada originate in the U.S there is equally a case for building a wall on the 49th parallel to keep out American guns.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                          ajl, you must have read my mind. Exactly the same boat as you, 49, small farm and 3 girls under 7 and wonder what sort of future in Canada they will have when the bill comes due. A dually citizenship would be the best investment in their future as far as I am concerned.

Far as I can tell, a person needs to get a green card first for 5 yrs before you can become a US citizen or buy your self in with $500k investment.

https://business.financialpost.com/news/economy/pwcs-brave-report-forecasts-egypt-and-pakistan-will-surpass-canadas-economy-by-2050 Egypt and Pakistan will surpass Canada's economy by 2050
                          Go for it. The IRS will gladly tax you in Canada along with revenue Canada. I know several dual citizens and the IRS can be far reaching pain in the ass. Get yourself a good accountant and a good lawyer.

Comment

The wall is a bad investment and won't solve the problems. The attitude that goes with it is the problem.

All mexicans are criminals and rapists according to Trump. Trump the ***** grabber sexual predator!

Yup when you don't want the media to focus on your scandals and incompetence, then blame the immigrant families and children and make an issue out immigration and security.

The truth is many industries will not be able to find employees. Immigrants and un-documented workers do a lot of jobs americans are to lazy to do like pick their fruits and vegetables and milk their cows and work in their slaughter houses. Yep they are all lazy and don't contribute.

And a bigger problem is many of them vote Democrat! hahaaha.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

The truth is many industries will not be able to find employees. Immigrants and un-documented workers do a lot of jobs americans are to lazy to do like pick their fruits and vegetables and milk their cows and work in their slaughter houses. Yep they are all lazy and don't contribute.
                              Thanks for the repeat of dumocrap talking points. Reality is that actually you will find plenty of willing people to milk cows in both sides of the border. They want the chance to milk there own herds, not do it for someone else on the cheap. In Canuckistan, you find that these folks are shut out by you guessed it: supply management. Also there are legal immigrants in the US who don't welcome competition from illegals.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.