• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So....."Dont thank a farmer" is the new campaign

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So....."Dont thank a farmer" is the new campaign

Ok so some dairy farmer says its stupid to thank a farmer ...well mostly because he has the government protecting his profits and willing to pay for negotiating his farm away....

Holy oh **** does this guy need a slap upside the head...

Farmers provide the world with food for one thing....but a very strong couple cylinders to the economic engine...

To be that arrogant as you milk 42 cows a day ....

Just a rant ...I am not an agvocate but this ...

But I thank the graincos people for buying my grain....on time or not...

I thank the livestock auction people for buying my calves....

I thank people the local deere dealerships for the free coffee and overpriced parts...

This guy doesn't realize his milk is indexed to the price of fuel obviously....

Maybe he doesn't understand that the price of food grain hasn't kept up with the price of milk quite the same way...

6.buck wheat in 1976 would be 18 buck wheat today...

Maybe he doesn't realize the consumer isn't helping grain or cattle guys....but are mandatorily supporting dairy with their pricing...

Or maybe he is just stupid.....
    Last edited by bucket; Dec 17, 2018, 08:17.

Not up to speed on this bucket but I sure hope a member of the dairy supply managed quota system isn’t speaking on behalf of grain farmers.

Two totally different systems.

Comment

It was a CBC opinion on the weekend penned by Cam Houle.....a dairy farmer from Osler, saskatchewan.

Comment

I seen that and figured the same thing some one please slap this f$&king fool on the side of the head.

Comment

Jeez, read it again.
          You don't have to agree with him.
          He feels he deserves no more thanks than any other dedicated profession.
          Just respect rather than sympathy.
          Thanking our consumers.

What would your op-ed sound like?
          To the few urbanites that actually read it.
          Different than your posts I expect.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
            Jeez, read it again.
            You don't have to agree with him.
            He feels he deserves no more thanks than any other dedicated profession.
            Just respect rather than sympathy.
            Thanking our consumers.

What would your op-ed sound like?
            To the few urbanites that actually read it.
            Different than your posts I expect.
            Not much different to my posts....

Why does every other industry get government help....dairy...railways....AGT....Grain cos. ...but farmers get a slimmer piece of the pie....

It seems counterproductive to run the main driver of all this to slim margins while the government lends support to all those that earn a living off our farms.....

P&H got 10 million for help with a flour mill from government

AGT got 100 million after buying a used railway....

Railways got a gift of rail cars....liberals didn't have to follow thru on harpers plan....

Fertilizer companies do shit just because they can....Gormley is worried about a head office....he should be more worried about the guys using fertilizer and being able to make a profit or that all goes to shit as well....

This infrastracture system is not built to handle what we are capable of....that's a problem but everyone has to earn a profit ....not just those that have people hired to lobby government for a bigger piece ofvour farm's pie.....

Comment

Agreed, but all of that means nothing to an urban blog reader/consumer/voter.

Comment

Do we really think if wheat was 18 bucks, that our input gougers would not charge what the market would bear? As I drive around the country and see millions of dollars of machinery, bins, and knowing that land values have gone on a tear, I simply have no sympathy or stomach for whining farmers. Why would urbanites?

I think the dairy guy has a point. As grain farmers head to their winter resort destinations, the dairy guy is home. Working.

I got sick of grain farming for all the whiny reasons mentioned. I get what some are saying. But rather than whine, I went and found something else to do. Lower input farming, livestock, direct sales, honey, poultry.

It is our bed we have made. We need to deal, or chill.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Not much different to my posts....

Why does every other industry get government help....dairy...railways....AGT....Grain cos. ...but farmers get a slimmer piece of the pie....

It seems counterproductive to run the main driver of all this to slim margins while the government lends support to all those that earn a living off our farms.....

P&H got 10 million for help with a flour mill from government

AGT got 100 million after buying a used railway....

Railways got a gift of rail cars....liberals didn't have to follow thru on harpers plan....

Fertilizer companies do shit just because they can....Gormley is worried about a head office....he should be more worried about the guys using fertilizer and being able to make a profit or that all goes to shit as well....

This infrastracture system is not built to handle what we are capable of....that's a problem but everyone has to earn a profit ....not just those that have people hired to lobby government for a bigger piece ofvour farm's pie.....
                  Government should just look after health education and roads and stay the hell out of everything else.

Comment

Welcome to the Wiserhood Sheeple.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...