• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

grain contracts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grain contracts

We need better terms on our contracts, to many late deliveries at our expense. Before we get hooked into another year without any compensation for late acceptance wouldnt it be nice to know we would be compensated? Anyone care to draw up a producer contract with some terms on delivery and stipulations for late acceptance? This yellow vest thing has got me fired up on all things wrong|

Originally posted by GOODRUM View Post
    We need better terms on our contracts, to many late deliveries at our expense. Before we get hooked into another year without any compensation for late acceptance wouldnt it be nice to know we would be compensated? Anyone care to draw up a producer contract with some terms on delivery and stipulations for late acceptance? This yellow vest thing has got me fired up on all things wrong|
    Wouldn't that be a project for our producer checkoff groups or CGC to get a handle on?????...

And maybe spearheaded by the opposition MPs that forgot that part of their open market implementation by their guiding light of the incompetence of WCWGA that were strung by their masters/sponsors .....lol...
    Last edited by bucket; Dec 17, 2018, 07:07.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      Wouldn't that be a project for our producer checkoff groups or CGC to get a handle on?????...

And maybe spearheaded by the opposition MPs that forgot that part of their open market implementation by their guiding light of the incompetence of WCWGA that were strung by their masters/sponsors .....lol...
      Don't think that is in their mandates or any initiative to under take by either.

The chance was there when Grain Act was opened under Modernization of Grain Act but instead of giving those powers to the Office of Ass't Commissioners it was disband and no replacement "In the Interest of Producers".

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
        Don't think that is in their mandates or any initiative to under take by either.

The chance was there when Grain Act was opened under Modernization of Grain Act but instead of giving those powers to the Office of Ass't Commissioners it was disband and no replacement "In the Interest of Producers".
        So we have zero protection as producers?

CGC. ...APAS. ..saskanything group....government. ...nothing....and I don't think a lawyer like merchant could bring this to justice???????

Comment

Wouldn't it be an eye opener for the minions to report to the top brass that there is no contracts signed up for new crop! We have the power!

Comment

Sometimes the shoe is on the other foot. This fall Viterra actually worked with me to bring in wheat that was not available until late and then was a grade lower than on the contract. Had a small contract for off combine in Sept. that was not available to the end of Oct. due to an unprecedented 3 snow storms during harvest. New competition in the area likely helped a lot.

Comment

I understand when an elevator gets full...and they seem to understand when I don't want to haul...

I enjoy the relationship I have with my grain buyers....its give and take on both sides...and typically it works out pretty well.....

BUT ...that doesn't mean we shouldn't have better defined contracts ..

One beef I really have is we can't lock in the spreads when signing 6 months out....

I would like to know what the spread is between a 1, 2,3 in February ...why...

Well if I am taking the risk of signing something I may not have ...it would be nice to as much defined as possible...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...