• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously...what are farmers going to do about the seed royalty

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously...what are farmers going to do about the seed royalty

Are we just going to roll over and take it....again.

Isn't it time we say NO...

Look at the seed industry... are they suffering?

Is our infrastructure keeping up to move more?

Is anyone buying our grain to where the entire system is cleaned out?

Along with higher yields means more bins another 3 bucks a bushel? or 40 cents over 10 years?

WHY do we as farmers keep taking it....

We never got our freight overages back?

we never got our rail car maintenance charges back?

We won't get our CGC overages back?

WHY ....Why do we keep getting shit on ....or taken advantage of?

WHY?????

because we're butterflies

[ATTACH]3722[/ATTACH]

and not yellow jackets!!!

[ATTACH]3723[/ATTACH]

Comment

Is that what yellow vests stand for?

I thought it was for minion....

Comment

All canola for 10 yrs then sell the land to the natives then move to trumpland.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          All canola for 10 yrs then sell the land to the natives then move to trumpland.
          Jazz

Your sarcasm is as obvious as hobbyfarmer's. ....

Comment

Bucket

When you a have farm organization such as WCWGA who have been sponsored by Monsanto, Bayer, and a VP who attended Syngenta Grower University 1+2 who's side do think their going to be on?

Then of coarse there's TOM4TOM coming on here loading us up with his BS, trying to convince us all that Western Canadian grain farmers will achieve some sort of marketing advantage over other competing countries, how do you get a consistent majority message across to any government?

I do admire your tenacity regarding this matter and agree with what you are saying and doing on your own. If only the silent majority of farmers could be mobilized.

Keep on Fighting the Good Fight!

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              Jazz

Your sarcasm is as obvious as hobbyfarmer's. ....
              Semi serious bucket...

Running out of crops to seed. World is catching up or putting barriers in front of our production. Have to grow something with value added and at least canola crush is something.

https://www.producer.com/2018/11/big-algerian-durum-crop-weighs-down-price-prospects/
              Last edited by jazz; Dec 11, 2018, 08:29.

Comment

If these seed companies would at least bring something new to the table like drought tolerant wheat, fusarium resistance etc I could partially stomach royalties.....but just telling us every variety is out yielding the last variety by 110% when it is just the same old shit with a different name is getting sickening.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                  Bucket

When you a have farm organization such as WCWGA who have been sponsored by Monsanto, Bayer, and a VP who attended Syngenta Grower University 1+2 who's side do think their going to be on?

Then of coarse there's TOM4TOM coming on here loading us up with his BS, trying to convince us all that Western Canadian grain farmers will achieve some sort of marketing advantage over other competing countries, how do you get a consistent majority message across to any government?

I do admire your tenacity regarding this matter and agree with what you are saying and doing on your own. If only the silent majority of farmers could be mobilized.

Keep on Fighting the Good Fight!

The seed royalty issue is the straw that broke the camels back....this will be mandatory theft from my farm...

In my opinion there should have been only one seed grower rep at the meeting ..there was no sense in the WCWGA being there ...they have stated their opinion based on their masters orders...

The whole seed royalty stinks...the process ...the meetings...the presentations...

6 ****ing hours of which maybe 1/2 hour was questions from the crowd of stacked seed growers disguised as farmers....

Comment

Yes Bucket this is going to suck! I am just not sure what we can do to stop it. The whole industry seems to be pushing for it and us unorganised farmers get it pushed on us.

To me the whole certified seed business is scam when a certified no.1 seed might not be of any better quality than feed wheat I have in my bins!

Comment

Plain and simple, we will just bend over like we do for fert, chemicals, machinery, parts, fuel, etc.
                      It’s got to the point it doesn’t hurt anymore. I wish there was something we could do, I don’t know what that is. We are peasants to this world. It’s our job to feed this world for nothing, and that’s exactly what we are doing. We aren’t even left with the crumbs of the pie anymore.

Comment

[QUOTE=AllisWD45;397014]
                        Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        Are we just going to roll over and take it....again.

Isn't it time we say NO...

Look at the seed industry... are they suffering?

Is our infrastructure keeping up to move more?

Is anyone buying our grain to where the entire system is cleaned out?

Along with higher yields means more bins another 3 bucks a bushel? or 40 cents over 10 years?

WHY do we as farmers keep taking it....

We never got our freight overages back?

we never got our rail car maintenance charges back?

We won't get our CGC overages back?

WHY ....Why do we keep getting shit on ....or taken advantage of?

WHY?????[/QUOT
                        Sad to say absolutely nothing will be done

Comment

Buy a Gjesdal 5 in one. Brown bag the seed cos into Chapter 11.

Comment

Plan B is a couple hundred cows. Go back to grandpappies biz model. **** this shit. Marginal land goes to grass.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                              Plan B is a couple hundred cows. Go back to grandpappies biz model. **** this shit. Marginal land goes to grass.
                              What if you have no marginal land. What do you do with heavy clay. Guess cover crops work and even forages but open grazing not really an option.

I am going to commit blasphemy here. We should be looking at idling land back into chemfallow with cover crop or we are going to end up like the oil patch.
                              Last edited by jazz; Dec 11, 2018, 10:45.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...