• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Presuming this dont happen at your local elevators but could be wrong

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Presuming this dont happen at your local elevators but could be wrong

H2 wheat 11.5% to 13% protein currently $390
    APW wheat 10.5% to 11.5% protein @ $375

There are 7 segregations at our elevator. We have something called stacked average at each elevator.
    Bear with me.

This morning i had 44t of 11.3% wheat which should have been apw but got upgraded to H2 a few extra bucks.

How did this happen you may ask?

Well enquired and the stacked average of H2 at my local elvator is currently running at 12.5% thus far for harvest so my load at 11.3% will make little difference to average hence upgrade.

Happens with all grades.

Buyers know this and can access info same as growers each day is adjusted every day.

I know we behind the times here down under compared to gods garden western canada but thought its interesting for you guys to know how things are elvolving down here since open free market has occured.

Conversley a smart grain buyer looks at each elevator as well and can mix and match.

You guys may have this anyway cheers

Malleefarmer aka "lizard form oz" as farma calls me or something close

ps 83.6 test weight phenominal for us

just re read post all makes sense to me hope it does to you except grammar sorry grass wink wink

Comment

Well now, Thanks for the update the "Wizzer of Oz", oh my....!!! I mean Wizard.

Unless that grain is in a common silo/bunker and is still owned by the growers, I assume the bonus you got is yours. Here the GrainCos seem to keep the spreads, I guess they're theirs if they can blend grain from different farmers, for they bought it. I would be a liar if I said I never got a break/deal in the past but they seem to be fewer and farther between since the advent of the open market....they are buying and blending for themselves now...not the CWB.

$390/tonne, $10.60/bu....is that, or what's that, net to you. Wow.
      Seems they'd die if they had to pay that to us here, but freight to port is stupid(but have no way of knowing for sure what is "negotiated".

"Accurate" grain marketing information(grain prices fob port and rail freight)from Inland Terminals to port terminals seems to be shrouded in a cloak of secrecy in Canada.

Seems we might be getting less than you guys. If Canadaian yields are indeed higher than Oz's, maybe we are receiving grain prices relative to our yields and cost of production than a true reflection of world prices less a reasonable basis for "handling" and freight, did I forget to mention "profit" for the GrainCos over and above "handling fees"? What's reasonable? I guess if I knew what grain was really being sold for to other countries and domestic end users, and what the real cost of freight is, I may be able to determine a fair farmgate price relative to world prices.

Comment

Today h2 best price 392 so hasnt gone up much since fridays rally.

I took 390 with 2 day payment rather than 392 with 30 day payment.

freight into elevator is $12 to 14 depending on load location and "check offs" as you call around $4.60 i think will check for ya when i recieve payment notification.

Edit footnote checked markets a sea of red so told broker to quit all warehoused grain feed barley,off grade malt barley and apw wheat as well as H2 done 45 minutes ago. See if im right or wrong market will prob be limit up.......

So those 4 types/grades i just sold 4 differnet buyers same as you guys plethoria of choice
        Last edited by malleefarmer; Dec 9, 2018, 23:33.

Comment

Wake the **** up people!!!!! Is anyone paying attention to what Mallee is saying? He took $390 for H2 with $14 freight off. That's about $10/bu for ****'s sake.

I will reiterate what I said in a different thread. If indeed Canadian yeilds are higher than Oz's...are we getting paid based on yeild and cost of production giving us enough to just keep playing the game and not being paid a value reflective or world prices less reasonable deductions?

We are getting about $3/bu less than our Austrailian "competition"! Dollars are close in value relative to the USD.

WTF, am I missing something. Can someone explain the difference, legitimately. Everyone cancel your offers to GrainCos, quality wheat prices need to start with an 8

ps, thanks for posting Mallee, greatly appreciated.n

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Wake the **** up people!!!!! Is anyone paying attention to what Mallee is saying? He took $390 for H2 with $14 freight off. That's about $10/bu for ****'s sake.

I will reiterate what I said in a different thread. If indeed Canadian yeilds are higher than Oz's...are we getting paid based on yeild and cost of production giving us enough to just keep playing the game and not being paid a value reflective or world prices less reasonable deductions?

We are getting about $3/bu less than our Austrailian "competition"! Dollars are close in value relative to the USD.

WTF, am I missing something. Can someone explain the difference, legitimately. Everyone cancel your offers to GrainCos, quality wheat prices need to start with an 8

ps, thanks for posting Mallee, greatly appreciated.n

Target pricing will never allow farmers to get high prices....

nor will an addiction to buying 8 months early on inputs or..... new decals....

Comment

Almost everyone’s on the treadmill bucket Won’t change cause the lease payment has to be made!

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
                Almost everyone’s on the treadmill bucket Won’t change cause the lease payment has to be made!
                But do guys have to trade leases after one seasons use and 200 hours on a combine. ....don't you think this is compounding the problem?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...