• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. Economy Slowing Quickly

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U.S. Economy Slowing Quickly

Not what you hear on main-stream news, but some U.S. CEOs now sensing and warning of a sharp economic downturn stateside.

Debt appears no longer fueling growth, tariffs, central bank rate hikes, shaken housing, tapped-out consumers plus credit market concerns suggest a difficult economic winter.

Trump and Xi meeting end of November . . . a very important meeting that will impact us all.

Do you think either one of those guys want to be responsible for the economic fallout of full blown trade wars.

Probably just a big dick swinging contest like the US and North Korean stand-off.

So watch Donald and Eleven(XI, English translation) kiss and make up.

Comment

You think trump will concede...not going to happen. The US doesn’t need those crappy Chinese imports. When you are in a major trade deficit...you have the strong card. How is the economy negatively impacted by production and manufacturing at home instead of overseas...maybe higher prices I would guess but if that money stays in the USA it will trickle down.

Some sectors will suffer like Ag that are primarily export but other sectors like manufacturing and auto will blossom

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
        You think trump will concede...not going to happen. The US doesn’t need those crappy Chinese imports. When you are in a major trade deficit...you have the strong card. How is the economy negatively impacted by production and manufacturing at home instead of overseas...maybe higher prices I would guess but if that money stays in the USA it will trickle down.

Some sectors will suffer like Ag that are primarily export but other sectors like manufacturing and auto will blossom
        Meh ... I'm thinking opposite due to the explosion in interest rates due. Ag will be fine and manufacturing will suck but that's just my opinion

Comment

Does anyone think 100k trucks and 750k combines might be an issue?

Then trickle it down....

With the price of grain the same as the 1970s....

Fuel is retarded....

When feedstock to refineries is sub 20 bucks cdn a barrel....

Chrysler had 2 plus billion written off and they are charging stupid money for vehicles.....so the get taxpayers money free....then charge theit taxpaying customers stupid money for vehicles..

Comment

Factories aren't built and production ramped up overnight.

Parts of the world can thank China for the lifestyle they enjoy because of China's cheap CRAP. Just think of the cost of stuff if "everything" we bought was made with North American wages and COP. There is a reason so much manufacturing moved out of North America...they can't have it both ways. And for that Trump fool to cry about how badly they were taken advantage of by their trading partners is pure ****en rhetoric(political)....they just happen to be one of the biggest economies of the world....how do you feed that beast?

Adapted quote:

No Country is an Island, entire of it self; every Country is a piece of the World, a part of the main.”

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Parts of the world can thank China for the lifestyle they enjoy because of China's cheap CRAP. Just think of the cost of stuff if "everything" we bought was made with North American wages and COP. There is a reason so much manufacturing moved out of North America...they can't have it both ways. And for that Trump fool to cry about how badly they were taken advantage of by their trading partners is pure ****en rhetoric(political)....they just happen to be one of the biggest economies of the world....how do you feed that beast?

Adapted quote:

No Country is an Island, entire of it self; every Country is a piece of the World, a part of the main.”
              farmaholic . . . right-on-the-money. The U.S. economy is tilting and this is likely stimulating talks with China that will likely produce very little in late November.

This U.S. / China trade war reminds me of the movie "War of Roses" back-in-the-day . . . .

Comment

More like the billionaires need a little more taxpayer money....

And they have the vehicle in the white house to make it happen....

The art of the deal....

Comment

Adapted quote:

When you are the terminal destination for all the world exports, you would be a fool to not have a tariff. World trade has been about one thing: increasing exports to the US as they are the only ones who can afford to buy. Here is Canuckistan, tariff were also imposed on Chinese steel after the US tariff went on. Why is OK for Canuckistan to have tariff but not the US? I would like to buy some bin cones for $1500 a piece with free Chinese steel but can't since we got a tariff. Yes I know that more trade occurs other than manufactured goods to the US but that is the trade that matters since virtually all the other trade is simply commodity trade like OPEC oil into China.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                    When you are the terminal destination for all the world exports, you would be a fool to not have a tariff. World trade has been about one thing: increasing exports to the US as they are the only ones who can afford to buy. Here is Canuckistan, tariff were also imposed on Chinese steel after the US tariff went on. Why is OK for Canuckistan to have tariff but not the US? I would like to buy some bin cones for $1500 a piece with free Chinese steel but can't since we got a tariff. Yes I know that more trade occurs other than manufactured goods to the US but that is the trade that matters since virtually all the other trade is simply commodity trade like OPEC oil into China.
                    VACUUMS! voids get filled. Is it everyone else's fault when they woke up one day and realized their HUGE trade deficits. They accepted the goods, hook line and sinker.

Whose fault is it that cheap(quality and price) Pacific rim product floods the world. Try beating them at their own game. Why is it just about every Entrepreneur on Dragon's Den or Shark Tank tries to drive cost of goods down by manufacturing offshore?(Maybe except the Earth friendly Eco-types) Take with a grain of salt but I am thinking their is a huge element of truth to that business model/practice.

Respectfully, what percent is the US of the world's total economy? I have to ask because I don't know.

https://www.thebalance.com/world-s-largest-economy-3306044 https://www.thebalance.com/world-s-largest-economy-3306044

I am completely out of my element here.

Comment

VACUUMS! voids get filled. Is it everyone else's fault when they woke up one day and realized their HUGE trade deficits. They accepted the goods, hook line and sinker.

Whose fault is it that cheap(quality and price) Pacific rim product floods the world. Try beating them at their own game. Why is it just about every Entrepreneur on Dragon's Den or Shark Tank tries to drive cost of goods down by manufacturing offshore?(Maybe except the Earth friendly Eco-types) Take with a grain of salt but I am thinking their is a huge element of truth to that business model/practice.

Respectfully, what percent is the US of the world's total economy? I have to ask because I don't know.

https://www.thebalance.com/world-s-largest-economy-3306044 https://www.thebalance.com/world-s-largest-economy-3306044

I am completely out of my element here.
                      farmaholic . . . in 2017, the U.S. GDP represented about 31% of the total world economy.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                        farmaholic . . . in 2017, the U.S. GDP represented about 31% of the total world economy.
                        It would be interesting to see how that is broken down. Weapons and arms I would assume are a major part of the USA economy. Food?
                        And then what happens when all those goods aren't produced in India or china do they then not have money to buy our canola oil for example?

I would think short term the us economy would benefit but long term being a closed self sustained economy without access to the Asian population may leave you behind? Complicated for sure.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...