• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blocking posters

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blocking posters

I'm actually a little hesitant to block posters on here. Although some days I feel like quitting Wienerville all together, I think as odious as it may be, there is value in staying informed as to the goings on of the anti crowd.
    What say you?

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
    I'm actually a little hesitant to block posters on here. Although some days I feel like quitting Wienerville all together, I think as odious as it may be, there is value in staying informed as to the goings on of the anti crowd.
    What say you?
    Didn't we just celebrate what gave us freedom.....whether we like it not censorship is not an alternative I would condone. ...

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
      What say you?
      I agree. Burying our heads in the sand and pretending that those who desire to take what we work for don't exist, doesn't make them go away. Better to understand your enemies. Albertans and Canadians voted for parties with the same financially and scientifically illiterate concepts as the trolls on here, we had better understand what motivates them, and what their true intentions are. Even if we have no hope of educating them.

Comment

I agree the more some post the more people can actually see how out to lunch there ideas are.

Yes people died for our freedom that is so true.

Censorship is wrong.

Comment

Censorship at the personal level is ignorance personified.
          But Oh some days.....
          The personal growth required not to overreact.

Comment

Hmmmm.....I wonder who is going to see this post. 😕🤔😉

Ask me if I care!

Comment

I know there is a tendency by some to shutdown debate because they are not prepared to accept contrary opinions or news coverage.

Trump's attacks on the media are a good example. Fox News even came out and supported CNN's lawsuit about Jim Acosta's accreditation.

Putin puts the opposition in jail or sends out the ht squad. (but he's a good man according to Trump)

I am glad to see most agrivillers still seem to be in favour of free speech.

If you truly are in favour of free speech you have to drop the insults and troll non-farmer accusations and just focus on the issue being discussed. That will be hard for some of you. But give it a try and see how it goes.

Comment

So we’re all in favour of freedom of speech, but we can’t call CC a troll, non-farmer or a dirtbag?

I really don’t get it!

Comment

Thread was started with the high road intention but damn that was funny.

Comment

Contrary views keep this place hopping. It makes us better in the end cause it makes us question what we think is right and forces us to be better informed so we can argue our points better. Whether you are a religious type or a lefty greenie; seeing a different point of view and learning something makes you a more informed and well rounded person. I in no way am a religious zealot nor am a lefty eco nut but constantly question my own beliefs and views because I like to keep an open mind because being one to adhere to dogmas in my view makes you look like a weak minded idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                      Contrary views keep this place hopping. It makes us better in the end cause it makes us question what we think is right and forces us to be better informed so we can argue our points better. Whether you are a religious type or a lefty greenie; seeing a different point of view and learning something makes you a more informed and well rounded person. I in no way am a religious zealot nor am a lefty eco nut but constantly question my own beliefs and views because I like to keep an open mind because being one to adhere to dogmas in my view makes you look like a weak minded idiot.
                      Well said.....and hopefully the left is moving a little also with an open mind....

Comment

i thought that is the purpose of the public forums, to discuss and debate differing views? just think if the combine forum only allowed john deere diehards to post

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                          i thought that is the purpose of the public forums, to discuss and debate differing views? just think if the combine forum only allowed john deere diehards to post
                          The only john deere diehard I know is SF3 and he may be waffling judging by his harvest pics/ negotiating tactics....but JDgreen could come around more often....

Pretty slim postings if thats the criteria...

Comment

I can honestly say that I have never seen anything on here as fricking stupid as some people post or share on my Facebook feed. It is depressing. Keep it up Agrivillers.

Comment

I never understood the blocking concept - presumably you wouldn't see the posts from someone you blocked - but what they wrote would no doubt be pasted in the replies your buddies make to their comments so you'd see it anyway. As Mr Simpson would say "Doh!!"

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...