• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comet biorefining

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comet biorefining

Any of our Ontario posters know anything about this venture? Apparently there are big plans for converting cellulose mainly from corn stalks into sugar and other products such as a lignin binding agents. I was excited about this so naturally I did a little research as to weather or not there was actual private investment involved. As the resident luddite here, I am naturally cynical. My guess is that there is no demand for this companies products and as such this is the another tax dough dumpster fire scam. Correct me if I am wrong. Kind of reminds me of the straw to fibreboard effort of 20 years ago but that actually had significant private sector investment.

Originally posted by ajl View Post
    Any of our Ontario posters know anything about this venture? Apparently there are big plans for converting cellulose mainly from corn stalks into sugar and other products such as a lignin binding agents. I was excited about this so naturally I did a little research as to weather or not there was actual private investment involved. As the resident luddite here, I am naturally cynical. My guess is that there is no demand for this companies products and as such this is the another tax dough dumpster fire scam. Correct me if I am wrong. Kind of reminds me of the straw to fibreboard effort of 20 years ago but that actually had significant private sector investment.
    I was thinking it sounds more like Iogen and their biologicals that were gonna make ethanol. There was about 7 separate byproducts in the process but transportation costs doesn't let it fly. Straw or stalks aren't dense enough. Those guys were masters at only doing enough for a govt subsidy. Its always about tax money....

Comment

There is suppose to be a franc sand plant being built near here,, guys running around looking fort the right sand ,we will see when someone shows up with there chequebook in hand. Hope it comes ,makes more sence selling it than farming it.

Comment

Doesn't work just a ponzey scam out looking for government money and private investors happened in southern Manitoba went bust before it even got started. Oh yeh they built a hugh building which now stands empty. Much like the straw board plant at Elie Manitoba .

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
          There is suppose to be a franc sand plant being built near here,, guys running around looking fort the right sand ,we will see when someone shows up with there chequebook in hand. Hope it comes ,makes more sence selling it than farming it.
          There’s a sand pit around here. It’s screened so far then sent off for further processing. Think you get paid by the yard. Any gravel they get out of it as a result make sure you are covered on that as well so if they sell it or anything else you are paid.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.