• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon Tax = carbon credits ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon Tax = carbon credits ..

Sooo , say the carbon tax’s are going to be inevitable some time soon. How much carbon credits will be needed to offset this horrendous cost .
    There are some on here who must be in on the carbon tax credits scheme that’s been in Alberta for several years ?
    Chuck, your a self proclaimed climate expert and carbon tax promoting “farmer”.... how do you plan to offset the cost of carbon tax ? How will the next generation on your farm do it ?
    We all have homes and shops that are extremely energy efficient for the most part . And not a lot more can be done to them after the fact anyway.
    I am talking farm wise ..... your farm should include at least replacing all powered equipment to Tier 4 or above . Most of us have already done that .... paid extremely for it and it’s costly downtime. You admitted you have not ... step up , put your money where your big mouth is .
    Are you advocating for carbon tax credits on pulse crops ?? It not why , every pulse crop acre should offset every ton of carbon tax of fertilizer at least or double .
    Carbon tax on fertilizer should be cut by 80% if N stabilizers are used .
    If all your powered equipment is Teir 4 or more ... fuel should be carbon tax exempt
    Carbon tax should not be applied to any Ag production that is deemed net benifitial to the environment and production of food .
    If we are going to be forced into this wealth transfer scheme .... let’s get prepared . Not looking for a handout ... just at least a net zero result that will not cost my farm . If we as farmers go into this blind they will **** us into bankruptcy.... don’t fool yourself .
    Be nice to hear ideas and solutions from all sides .
    My big 3 From above ....
    Credits on pulse acres
    Credits on Teir 4 engines
    Credits on N stabilizers

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Sooo , say the carbon tax’s are going to be inevitable some time soon. How much carbon credits will be needed to offset this horrendous cost .
    There are some on here who must be in on the carbon tax credits scheme that’s been in Alberta for several years ?
    Chuck, your a self proclaimed climate expert and carbon tax promoting “farmer”.... how do you plan to offset the cost of carbon tax ? How will the next generation on your farm do it ?
    We all have homes and shops that are extremely energy efficient for the most part . And not a lot more can be done to them after the fact anyway.
    I am talking farm wise ..... your farm should include at least replacing all powered equipment to Tier 4 or above . Most of us have already done that .... paid extremely for it and it’s costly downtime. You admitted you have not ... step up , put your money where your big mouth is .
    Are you advocating for carbon tax credits on pulse crops ?? It not why , every pulse crop acre should offset every ton of carbon tax of fertilizer at least or double .
    Carbon tax on fertilizer should be cut by 80% if N stabilizers are used .
    If all your powered equipment is Teir 4 or more ... fuel should be carbon tax exempt
    Carbon tax should not be applied to any Ag production that is deemed net benifitial to the environment and production of food .
    If we are going to be forced into this wealth transfer scheme .... let’s get prepared . Not looking for a handout ... just at least a net zero result that will not cost my farm . If we as farmers go into this blind they will **** us into bankruptcy.... don’t fool yourself .
    My big 3 From above ....
    Credits on pulse acres
    Credits on N stabilizers

Well once again our farm groups should have called meetings to discuss this between us farmers and government officials. And I mean open meetings where all of us or any of us can voice our opinions.

And when is the Sask government going to give us a rebate on the carbon tax hidden that we are paying that I believe is in the ripp off fuel prices, vehicle tax etc etc. At least the Feds claiming a rebate where is the sask party rebate?? Why are they making us farmers pay for the oil boom screw up?

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
      Well once again our farm groups should have called meetings to discuss this between us farmers and government officials. And I mean open meetings where all of us or any of us can voice our opinions.

And when is the Sask government going to give us a rebate on the carbon tax hidden that we are paying that I believe is in the ripp off fuel prices, vehicle tax etc etc. At least the Feds claiming a rebate where is the sask party rebate?? Why are they making us farmers pay for the oil boom screw up?
      unfortunately there are no "farmer" groups anymore. they are industry interest groups funded by farmers

Comment

Big emitters are exempt and sequesterers and farmers efforts are exempt from any credit...

Comment

In Alberta you can apply for Carbon Credits for conservation efforts like Direct seeding.
          You have to apply through an (aggregator) who buys enough credits from farmers to offer them in bulk to "polluting" industries as offsets. The company we deal with has taken about 1/3 of the sale for their part. Not sure what they will want now that the price has gone from $15 to $25.

Be advised that there are a lot of "proofs" required.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            your farm should include at least replacing all powered equipment to Tier 4 or above . Most of us have already done that .... paid extremely for it and it’s costly downtime. You admitted you have not ... step up , put your money where your big mouth is .

My big 3 From above ....
            Credits on pulse acres
            Credits on N stabilizers
            Just a note. I've seen this a few times on here. Tier 4 engines do absolutely nothing as far as the emissions of CO2 are concerned. In many regards they are more carbon polluting, albeit a slight bit better than tier 3, than pre-epa engines.

EPA requirements from tier 1 all the way up to tier 4 were combatting NOx, and PM2.5(particulate matter) emissions.

The only thing that affects CO2 output is fuel efficiency.

The advent of DPF's in tier 3+ engines in particular consume diesel simply to cook PM, thereby being less efficient in power output actually put to use in relation to fuel consumed.

Comment

I did the carbon credit thing for a couple years. There was a year where you could play catch up to years you hadnt claimed and that was worthwhile. Gave up because it was not much return and we are in an area where tillage is needed on half my acres. There was lots of paperwork involved, had to inspect drill and openers, record any tillage and had to be a small percentage of total. 3.5 inch openers on 10 inch spacing is what we use and that was about maximum on a one pass system to qualify. Also had to have landlords sign off that they would not claim credits on same acres, which wasnt an iaaue really but the way the form was issued made it sound like i was taking something they could get. Just wasnt worth it over all.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.