• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grumbling

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grumbling

Things that irritate me more as I get older...

1. The price of machinery

2. The fact the new machinery is just a decal change and a few new modules.

3. The guys that keep running the price up as better for them considering they are trading in a 200 hour....hasnt even needed to be greased yet....combine...

4. Why do people selling stuff put "...Please Contact.." and not the price on kijiji...are you selling or not....dealers even worse...its your ****ing job....

5. Salesman that know SFA or have to talk to their used equipment manager to make a ****ing trade...which today means the average of 10 RBA sales of the same equipment.

6. CMI or greenlights that promise a spare combine....or you forgot to tighten shit up ...calling it insurance....I have 2 combines thats my insurance..

7. The fact that GRAINCOS use our checkoff dollars to for market development through saskpulse then thru Pulse canada...and we are the last to know about any developments...

8. People that are praised for figuring out the aster yellow genome in the under 40 group ...if its so much of a problem then why isn't the government helping the farmer that has no control over it...

9. Leavitt equipment for jamming up heavy equipment...why not one ad with a list of equipment...BTW I just leave it....

AND 10. to justify all of the above......****ing snow.
    Last edited by bucket; Nov 12, 2018, 09:48.

#4 is very common and a big waste of time for the buyer and seller.

Comment

Bucket, is "Grumbling" a new tread to replace "Friday Thank you notes" or just a name change?

Your going to drive yourself nuts letting these guys get to you! Somethings aren't worth stressing over!

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
        Bucket, is "Grumbling" a new tread to replace "Friday Thank you notes" or just a name change?

Your going to drive yourself nuts letting these guys get to you! Somethings aren't worth stressing over!
        No its just things that are constant irritations....GM, Ford, Dodge can all sell at 25 percent discounts at year end but farm machinery keeps going up or like bourgault just quit producing...

The gotta have it guys will pay...

I am already nuts....we have absolute buffoons representing us at any level and their best answer when challenged is to say..." you should get involved"....or ..." thats not our mandate"...instead of listening to those they are supposed to be representing....

I find it depressing to see the commitment to supply managed agriculture getting guaranteed money from both major political parties in Canada while the rest of us are treated like chopped liver...

Comment

Most things irritate me less as I get older. That's the way it should be and it feels great.
          Except. Being told what I need or want or what's good for me or what's safe or what to believe. That's getting worse.
          Before the internet we only heard those people on the news or in print. People over using certain technology another one. Basically stupid people.
          And the continued loss of privacy and free giveaway of same, along with many rights, privileges, and property.
          We've become a footed pajama wearing Nazi bunch of gullible fools.

Comment

yes Bucket supply management is a sacred cow here in alberta the dairy farmers have been getting 5 to 7 percent more quota every year and now they have to give up 3.5 percent acces and they need a bailout give me a break

Comment

Another grumbling is these farm information meetings ...they send out a flyer with the government of saskatchewan logo at the bottom or CAP or credits for CCA....all government money and a 60 buck or more fee to attend...

Farm progress shows get government funding , the manufacturers want to show off their new stuff and charge farmers to see it... Farm progress show should move out of that current location to south between number 1 highway and the bypass ...they won't infill that for a while.

RBA has a fee to buy at their auctions and the seller pays as well...pretty good deal..

Basically we live in a world where you go to dealers to buy new stuff and send the old stuff to auction...and pay a fee both ways...trained monkeys ...

Comment

My grumble is a business using facebook as their website and contact, i dont use it.

Comment

Originally posted by tubs View Post
                  yes Bucket supply management is a sacred cow here in alberta the dairy farmers have been getting 5 to 7 percent more quota every year and now they have to give up 3.5 percent acces and they need a bailout give me a break
                  By "getting" you mean buying.

Certainly agree with Bucket's #4. There is a machinery dealer here that takes a full page add in colour with pictures of the various items and every one has "please call for price". Complete waste of their advertising $ as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

The reason for #4 is that everyone gets a different price on all items, inputs. They assess your volume or ability to pay/credit rating or your color blindness. I always got the shitty inflated quote from Pattison, cause I appeared to bleed green, could pay. Little guys always get screwed on lack of volume, believe it.

Comment

Local Deere dealer fills up Kijiji with their shit. At least there’s a price on it all. If I’m picky enough I’ll select the for sale by owner and that disappears. If you post items put a price on it so I or whomever can make a choice to call you or not. Swap or trade annoys me too. Post a price too cause everything is worth something.

Comment

That's the perception about little guys having to pay more, but it can work in the reverse. I was once told by a broker when dealing off a large supply of oats that I had too many loads of them to be able to get a good price.

Just as long as I don't get a subtract in colour when I pay full value for my ad, I will be satisfied. One apparently does not. Too funny!!!

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                          By "getting" you mean buying.

Certainly agree with Bucket's #4. There is a machinery dealer here that takes a full page add in colour with pictures of the various items and every one has "please call for price". Complete waste of their advertising $ as far as I'm concerned.
                          I thought I was the only one that hates ads with no price. I just blow by them when looking at ads.

Comment

My biggest gripe is the climate change hoax and the stupidity being preached every time you open your eyes. This morning, first news article is movie stars bawling because Trump’s denier status on climate change has caused their mansions to burn down. They build their homes right in the middle of 50 foot forest and never heard of forest fires , holy man! These people are plain nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by grefer View Post
                              I thought I was the only one that hates ads with no price. I just blow by them when looking at ads.
                              i like the sites where you can filter those no price and no picture adds out. they are of no interest to me. my assumption is the seller will likely be asking for more than its worth. I cant be bothered with this nonsense.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.