• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Armistice 100 years - Lest we forget.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armistice 100 years - Lest we forget.

I thought that the leaders of France and Germany set a meaningful example of remembrance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	armistice1002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	778223

I know we don't agree with Trudeau on political issues but I was proud to see him in the rain at Vimy honouring our fallen and those who served.

Comment

I am currently watching the Remembrance Day service at the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum honouring all who served our country. I am also remembering my father that served in the Royal Canadian Airforce during WWll.

Comment

Sad to see so many American people support America first nationalism similar to what led up to past world wars.

Comment

Yes, Thank You to all our Service Men and Women, past and present.

Comment

This is a day when we should also remember why we fought and died to put down fascism in Europe. We must never stop the battle against racism, bigotry, antisemitism and the hate of others.

Our veterans will have died in vain if we allow our leaders to turn a blind eye or promote hatred and division and sow the seeds of violence and oppression.

Comment

Originally posted by farmgal71 View Post
              I know we don't agree with Trudeau on political issues but I was proud to see him in the rain at Vimy honouring our fallen and those who served.
              I agree some were chritisizing him on here that he s a no show. Etc. But when it came right down to it he did a good job represented us well from what I saw anyway. Trump the draft dodger on the other hand didn't want his 20,000 dollar suit to get wet. You'd think given he got out of fighting due to his daddy buying him some bone spurs he d want to be thankful of the system that allows for a retarted corrupt pervert to be put in place as president by a Russian government. Hahahahaha

Comment

Does politics even have permeate Remembrance Day?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  I agree totally!

Comment

Thank you to the men and women who served to protect our freedoms and especially those who sacrificed everything.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Some people just dont get it , farma
                      Dads uncle never came back , he was just a kid when he died
                      cant imagine

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        Some people just dont get it , farma
                        Dads uncle never came back , he was just a kid when he died
                        cant imagine
                        Yes some sure don't get it. It s not only about remembering the horror it's about remembering what caused it so that it doesn't happen again. Politics of fear, hatred, dividing people, inhumanity, racism, greed etc for ones own gain at the expense of others. Politics was Hitler's vehicle to power. That's why today's politicians need to be scrutinized.
                        As Macron said nationalism has no place at Remembrance Day.

Comment

Actually TRIBALISM leads to war. Diversity can not be of purpose, we must have common shared goals/society. We must always be vigilant and aware of so called leaders/experts try to sell an idea that diminishes/hurts/costs the people. Then division grows. The past can be repeated, be aware of the lies/agendas of those in power or wielding powers of suggestion. Most of current leaders are guilty, IMO.

There were many documentaries and movies last few days, extremely moving, horrific depictions. The numbers are mind numbing, 50 million died during the second WW. The soldiers on all sides, 18-30 years old. A generation was lost.
                          Last edited by fjlip; Nov 11, 2018, 21:30.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                            Yes some sure don't get it. It s not only about remembering the horror it's about remembering what caused it so that it doesn't happen again. Politics of fear, hatred, dividing people, inhumanity, racism, greed etc for ones own gain at the expense of others. Politics was Hitler's vehicle to power. That's why today's politicians need to be scrutinized.
                            As Macron said nationalism has no place at Remembrance Day.
                            fair enough , just not on Remembrance Day

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.