• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Badger control

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badger control

How the hell u get rid of these things!? Have one field that's absolutely getting mined out. Dam holes go to China!

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
    How the hell u get rid of these things!? Have one field that's absolutely getting mined out. Dam holes go to China!
    Get rid of their food source? What are they digging for or have they taken up permanent residence?

Comment

We have mega holes to in some fields..epidemic.

Comment

Probably eating mice millions of those fockers to!

Comment

We had foxes for afew years and they dug dens.... oh they were so cute and kept some rodent populations in check....ya, all was good until the dens caved in and hitting them with the sprayer or tandem or what ever didn't make having them around so good anymore. We never tried to irradicate them but they did move on or died out. I won't miss them.

Appears everything seems to cycle....

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
            Probably eating mice millions of those fockers to!
            More likely gophers or ground squirrels - they wouldn't have to dig to get the mice. We have a pair of them here too - debatable if the do more good than harm with the mess they make digging up gophers.

Comment

Trap them. 280 conibear. At entrance, or use an oil barrel as a baited cubby. Fur has value too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                Trap them. 280 conibear. At entrance, or use an oil barrel as a baited cubby. Fur has value too.
                What would you tie the trap to? they look like strong little b@#$%#s.

Comment

The badgers are digging out ground squirrels. Be careful. They may be protected.

Comment

Those buggers are rank, I was walking down the road a couple of years ago not realizing I was close to one with its young ones...wow, I have to admit I ran like hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
                      Those buggers are rank, I was walking down the road a couple of years ago not realizing I was close to one with its young ones...wow, I have to admit I ran like hell.
                      Reminds me of this
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 7.38.20 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	766852

Comment

Live trap them, and sell to sask., 10 inch drainage channel 🎃

Comment

Be patient. They are there for a reason. Moles. gophers. They will move on. Better than poison.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                            What would you tie the trap to? they look like strong little b@#$%#s.
                            A properly set 280 will not allow for much struggle as they are a quick kill trap. I still tie off on a fence post though.

Comment

This talk about badgers reminds me about my grappa. Always a curious fellow. One day he saw a badger scurrying along. So he takes a rock and being that he was a good pitcher in his youth beans the thing in the head and knocks it cold. Walks over, rolls it over and proceeds to inspect it. Checks it’s long sharp claws and teeth and fur. Badger starts to wake so he rolls it over and it goes on it’s way. Oh I miss my grappa.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.