• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hobby ... Gleaner ??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hobby ... Gleaner ??

You got that thing given er now with the leak in grain tank fixed ??
    I miss having one , they are so good in wheat 🌾👍

They ever get around to painting them? All jokes aside used to be lots around but no dealers close. Remember neighbours had them and mechanics would fly in to fix them. Battleford still sell them? Local guy has a couple along with his other brands.

Comment

No Gleaners here. Case IH 1688. It hauls ass, bought it used, previous owner had it top notch, it has to be turned up a little. I really like it.
      Our retired repairman ran Gleaners up against anybody doing custom work. Easy to fix and underrated capacity. I know if only one farmer who owns a couple, they finished harvest last week.
      They sound like a simple logical cost effective machine, my problem is I get married to my shrapnel, , run it for a decade then, when I retire, no auction sale, straight to the smelter!!

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
        No Gleaners here. Case IH 1688. It hauls ass, bought it used, previous owner had it top notch, it has to be turned up a little. I really like it.
        Our retired repairman ran Gleaners up against anybody doing custom work. Easy to fix and underrated capacity. I know if only one farmer who owns a couple, they finished harvest last week.
        They sound like a simple logical cost effective machine, my problem is I get married to my shrapnel, , run it for a decade then, when I retire, no auction sale, straight to the smelter!!
        Ahh, I had the wrong guy lol

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          Ahh, I had the wrong guy lol
          West of Blaine Lake. They are organic and run Gleaners. A Dad and 2 sons or something like that. The Dad is a real character, fun to talk with. They are good at what they do.
          I think he started with a case ih rotary back in the day, changed to Gleaner and never looked back.
          Times change, farms are showing progress around here, if you’re not changing 2-12 combines every second year, your not really farming.

Comment

I agree ive had newholland tr 88 and 99 then a gleaner s77 they are superb in cereals

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...