• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Canola Seeds

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Canola Seeds

We pulled into our last field yesterday to discover that we have about 8-10 green seeds, about 8 being distinct another 4 or so lime green. Weather forecasts are good going at least a week out..I might wait until later next week. What are the chances that some of the green might come out if I wait a week? This is Nexera if that makes a difference. This field was frosted real good the morning we started swathing this field, there was actually snow about 3” deep on the back of our swathers that morning coming off our reels. Don’t have a lot of blending room on my Nexera from previous fields. Should I wait or finish up?

i would go, the green is probably fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
      We pulled into our last field yesterday to discover that we have about 8-10 green seeds, about 8 being distinct another 4 or so lime green. Weather forecasts are good going at least a week out..I might wait until later next week. What are the chances that some of the green might come out if I wait a week? This is Nexera if that makes a difference. This field was frosted real good the morning we started swathing this field, there was actually snow about 3” deep on the back of our swathers that morning coming off our reels. Don’t have a lot of blending room on my Nexera from previous fields. Should I wait or finish up?
      Would speak to the company buying first
      Sometimes can mix off for
      Not much discount. If it's dry that's a factor of cost saving also should we get s shower or snow.

Comment

Tomorrow is Oct 20th not Sept 20th.

Comment

I would combine. Unless it gets wet again above 20% green won’t go away, and even then, frosted canola has damaged cells which won’t respond to the enzyme activity needed to clear chlorophyll. Nexera genetics have long had an issue under adverse conditions.

Comment

None, the enzyme to break down chlorophyll is damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
              go hard, go fast , it's a done deal.

Comment

Have you ever seen a truck full pf orange canola?our neighbours is orange as orange can be.

Comment

Have you ever seen a truck full pf orange canola? Our neighbour is combining and the load on his trick is orange as orange can be.

Comment

Going to take the weekend off and finish this last field on Monday. Thank you for the replies.

Comment

Don't trust the forecast, finish up.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...