• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ax5Z+0nRRYyDCy4kb2NZtw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	778198
    Well, again we got a week holiday in Harvest. Worked foolish in tough HRS Thursday. We then switched to Canola Friday morning only to get a wet bin full and then the rain hit. Canola was 13.5 on Friday. Then it hit over a half inch rain first and overnight that turned to more moisture with ice build up on everything then finally snow on Saturday morning. Funny south of us 5 miles hardly any snow. Buddy at Valley says its wet down about an inch and then bone dry. He is trying to band and giving up if more moisture doesn't come.

Harvest on our farm and area is at 65% by tonight. South will be virtually done by weekend and north needs 10 to 14 days of weather. Swath cereals are taking a hit with ducks and geese and deer and moose. All Cereals coming off now are getting looked at with the magnifying glass. Three for HRS to maybe lower.

Barley there are a few fields still waiting to be harvested but will be a real challenge. Malt is going out early since Alberta crop isn't looking so good our area is picking up the slack.

Trains are on time and have not been an issue. Seems maybe the grain companies are partially to blame since most sent cars to areas that aren't done harvest in a huge way. AGain south all way to the border is getting close to being done.

Peas and lentils are all done.

Oats is out but some were harvesting on days that they could go. It is still standing not that bad go figure.

HRS is all but done, but we have a small field left and will leave till after the rest of the Canola comes off. Outside round is made so if it snows on us we can burn in Spring. Way over Crop insurance guarantee. The HRS has done extremely well for us this year. Rains worked and I guess my fertilizer and chem and disease worked. Sometimes you're the ball and sometimes you're the bat.

Name:	jIdWFOCoSkq6xTMJMrgMng.jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	778199

Flax was a crop that was being harvested since Tuesday of this week and getting dried. Yields below last year.

Canola most are on now and it has been interesting, to say the least. I couldn't believe how the weekend rain and snow event could take the crop up to stupid wet conditions. We started on Tuesday after friends an hour north were going Monday. Well, let's just say it was 15.9 at the end of the day. Wednesday it did improve to 12.9 and hopefully, by tonight it will be dry.

Lots of Bins have had issues in the area. Seems some dry canola harvested in Sept heat is now warm to hot. Wet canola and makeshift dryers for every ten bins one has issues.

Yield looks to be close to last year to a little below. But we don't have enough off so far so not guessing yet.

Name:	LsHgUfj8T4aNxZeKy5BSNQ.jpg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	778200

Name:	azm3qJB4RE6M8f93SQL97w.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	778201

Now my guess is the province with its positive spin crop reports will have Saskatchewan at 85% done. Positive spin keeps the Fertilizer and Seed sales coming. Equipment sales are slow to say anything. Out of 300 at one place still 260 to go. RB auction here we come because Multiples cant happen if old is gone. Demos are available from most places on everything from tillage to tractors to combines.

The delayed Prairie harvest means canola futures are likely to continue to drift lower before potentially rallying in late October or early November, according to a Prairie analyst, says a story from Syngenta.
    “It's going to bounce around, migrate lower, net lower on the way down until the crop is off and the farmer has sold enough grain where he's going to be cash sufficient until the New Year,” said Wayne Palmer, a senior market analyst with Exceed Grain.
    “(After that), they are going to lock the bins and then we're going to rally.”

Or they are getting rid of everything that cant survive the winter without drying.

Now wasn't yesterday a special day, you would say it was Y2K again. Not the guys who smoke will still smoke and some who never did in high school because they were scared will try and some for pain will use but basically, it's just another day in Canada.

Name:	IMG_0405.jpg
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	778202

Continued!

Now the biggest joke in the World which I wish the Media would have really picked up on is our Idiot Trudeau yesterday saying he never does Drugs and basically doesn't really drink. WTF is he trying to be Donald Trump. FM our idiot is stoned most days or is it like Fetal alcohol syndrome because his mom smoke so much did it affect his brain.

But Trudeau didn't let us down again this week he is now thinking of letting in a real ISIS fighter who was seen on Videos killing people. WTF is wrong with Canada.

Can't help veterans but hands out millions again to useless shit hole places.

But the best news this week is the latest poll.

First NANOS. who has been calling for Trudeau to win big times again since the last federal election? IT doesn't matter what stupid things he does NANOS has a positive spin.

The second-day poll has Cons at 47%, Lib at 38% NDP 15%.

Yea your days are up you dope smoking fool.

Name:	44240877_10157876380683957_671416165616058368_n.jpg
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	766836

For every one safety here are the rules in Sask if you smoke.

Name:	IMG_0406.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	766837

So hopefully the sun shines brightly the wind blows and the rain stays away for Two more weeks so western Canada can finish the harvest of 2018 which gave us no September days.

Be safe and remember the ones at home are way more important than any crop that all our parasites are waiting to take there share of in price increases for basic shit.

Comment

SK, next time you see gooddale, maybe a kick in the nads might be in order.

Cant wait until trump starts up his drug war 2.0 and all the stoners will be stuck in canada for good.

There is another poll you should look up. Says 37% of people would never vote conservative, 49% would never vote liberal and 50% would never vote NDP. There is support down there if sheer can tap it and we can rid ourselves of this fool party.
      Last edited by jazz; Oct 18, 2018, 06:38.

Comment

Yes, I did see that poll.

Funny had dinner with a long time liberal a week ago he is in real estate and has taken it hard the last year. No sales equal no money. He said he won't vote liberal if Trudeau doesn't get the pipeline approved as oil made him money in City and when oil sucks his job sucks.

Now I asked will he vote or just stay home, he said to stay home.

Comment

Need to pin er now ... need to get as much done as possible in this next week ... could be done after that ..

Comment

Flax finally got dry mid afternoon yesterday. Depending on when we get out there today, we could be done Harvest 2018.

Then equipment service and clean up time.

Hopefully the disc we bought arrives and gets assembled at the dealers before the ground freezes completely solid and we won't be able to use it.

Thinking about buying a harrow hitch with a Valmar and applying Edge and Avadex yet...if the weather holds.

Fert has grudgingly been bought but not delivered yet, bought too late though and too much money. Kinda feels a bit like 08 when we over paid, but to a much lesser degree.

Edit in....please be and work safe....
            Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 18, 2018, 07:23.

Comment

Combines still going.lots are done..some are close..others need a few weeks..
              We have 320 of fert.to go then our season is done..just rocks to dig afterwards.
              Hope the warm temps continue for all..

Comment

Here it totally depends on who got the first heavy snow that lodged crop back in early Sept followed by 3 more 2-6 in snows in the same areas. That and who got the heavier rains last Friday , again in same kinda areas.
                If you had no lodged crop things are going ok and those guys most likely will finish over the next week. Also guys with driers have been able to pick away inbetween times .
                Others in the high moisture areas ... it’s going to be a dog fight regardless of driers or whatever. West of here is worse than we are , north of here not bad but they had little rain last Friday .
                Canola , soybeans, dry or close . If you have standing wheat it’s down to 17-16 .
                Lodged crop is still a shit show cause of mud under crop yet . Needed 4x4 to get out to swather at noon yesterday yet .

Comment

Combines back to the field after 10 days off. Going to try non swathed canola, hoping under 13.5. I turned the aeration fans on bins with 17.5 wheat because we can't dry it all. Hope that is a good move. Its been a struggle around here like I've never seen in my lifetime. Tried swathing some barley but the ground was too wet. Forecast is stellar with 30-50 k winds possible today. No risk of canola shelling

Comment

Nice to see the sun. Started on straight cut canola on Tuesday, was testing 10.1 at 1, was down to 8.6 by supper. Even swathed stuff in the area was dry Tuesday. A few guys trying wheat getting close to dry. Lots of crop out here, need 10-14 days I would think. Question for Sask3. You always talk about pod shatter invigor. I grew 1 quarter of L255 CP, the rest is L 241 C. Stands very nice, takes about 3-4 days longer to mature imo, it also tales a bit more horsepower to harvest. Yield wise it looks to me like the 241 has a bit more potential but I won't know for a couple more days until all the 241 is in the bin. What is your opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Edit in....please be and work safe....
                      farma, you are always saying you are a hobby farmer. Curious how much land you are running.

Comment

241 c looks good but longer I think might add some next year. We like the straight cut for damage control in s shity fall.

Canola 10.6 to 11.6 it’s go time we will bag and bin later. Outside rounds go home to dryer.

Comment

Standing oats 12 yesterday. Three cheers for not swathing. Been peeling it off the ground, pretty flat from the snow, but dry. Who knew? I may luck out and get most of my crop dry of all things. Took a bit last week at 14 to 15.

Comment

Good going freewheat

Grass what’s going on in Manitoba.

Alberta must be going.

Sitting in line

16 km away.

Comment

Harvesting the first dry canola in 2 or 3 years here, depending who you are.
                              Finish on weekend if you dryed some.
                              Next week if you gambled and didn't.
                              %20 less yield like I figured.
                              Still a great time for landlords tho lol.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...