• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I shit you not!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shit you not!

this morning canola swaths were completely covered in snow . we had 3-4 inches of wet shit on Saturday, but at 5pm we combined the rest of the field , snow was completely gone , swaths were dry , dust was flying and seed was only 11.5 , was 12.5 before the snow?
    can snow dry swaths ?
    was windy and sunny today, but not that hot ?
    I don't get it ??

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    this morning canola swaths were completely covered in snow . we had 3-4 inches of wet shit on Saturday, but at 5pm we combined the rest of the field , snow was completely gone , swaths were dry , dust was flying and seed was only 11.5 , was 12.5 before the snow?
    can snow dry swaths ?
    was windy and sunny today, but not that hot ?
    I don't get it ??
    Canola here all11.5 or less, we had 5-6/10 rain Friday with absolutely zero drying days till today .
    Hopefully going here tomorrow 🙄

Comment

Maybe the power of positive thinking has made you delusional?

Did anyone else witness this phenomena?

Have you ever read "The Secret"?

Divine Intervention?
      Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 15, 2018, 22:16.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Maybe the power of positive thinking has made you delusional?

Did anyone else witness this phenomena?

Have you ever read "The Promise"?

Divine Intervention?
        wished I would of took pics
        one neighbor was going in standing flax by 10 am
        I contribute to global warming lol
        anyways if I hadn't saw it with my own eyes wouldn't have believed it !

Comment

The book was "The Secret" not "The Promise".

Where just believing in something so intently can make it happen.

.... and we continue to "wait". Flax is close but I intend to get it dry. I told people if we had more to do we would have to be doing things different...NOT waiting! This is the week and hopefully nothing happens to the Iron Maiden to **** up finishing harvest.

Comment

I got going in alfalfa after lunch today with a bit of snow on the ground. Went really good until it got dark then plugged the return solid so parked it so hopefully sunny again tomorrow and I can get that behind me.

Sure don't like plugging the return on a Case combine when that slip clutch goes it shakes the whole combine and stays ratting until the rotor stops.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              The book was "The Secret" not "The Promise".

Where just believing in something so intently can make it happen.

.... and we continue to "wait". Flax is close but I intend to get it dry. I told people if we had more to do we would have to be doing things different...NOT waiting! This is the week and hopefully nothing happens to the Iron Maiden to **** up finishing harvest.
              do you have a dryer?

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                I got going in alfalfa after lunch today with a bit of snow on the ground. Went really good until it got dark then plugged the return solid so parked it so hopefully sunny again tomorrow and I can get that behind me.

Sure don't like plugging the return on a Case combine when that slip clutch goes it shakes the whole combine and stays ratting until the rotor stops.
                was it dry ?

Comment

I never tested it but would think its close. Funny thing with that Saturday snow when it melted in the yard around lunch the ground was dry but when I brought the combine in tonight it was wet. So the sun and wind sure are nice.

Comment

CASEIH...no. One year in how many would we actually need one. We don't farm a pile of acres and farm in an area where harvest isn't as challenging as in the north.

I do understand their value. I know people who even start harvest sooner because they are set up to dry and when the dry grain conditions catch up to THEM they simply bin dry grain. It's a management tool!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                      Farma you need a boost to fire up that agco ??

No wonder we can't get ahead.

Lol...admitting to running a Massey is the same as getting caught "rubbing one out"....both are equally embarrassing!!!!

The virgin Iron Maiden...

Comment

The Apprentice riding the Iron Maiden hard....

Comment

We noticed that last week Case in some crop we were silaging - went from 64% moisture to 46% in a little over 24 hours. Crop was pretty dry previously then had got snowed on. Combination of the frost and some wind pulled the moisture out real quick. The atmosphere here is still incredibly dry, I notice that by how much I'm drinking when working outside. On-going drought effect?

That's a quick way to empty your combine hopper farma - do you just park the semi underneath - the right way up?

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                            We noticed that last week Case in some crop we were silaging - went from 64% moisture to 46% in a little over 24 hours. Crop was pretty dry previously then had got snowed on. Combination of the frost and some wind pulled the moisture out real quick. The atmosphere here is still incredibly dry, I notice that by how much I'm drinking when working outside. On-going drought effect?

That's a quick way to empty your combine hopper farma - do you just park the semi underneath - the right way up?
                            That is a picture from the Australian custom combining tour we did this fall.

We're defying logic and gravity.
                            Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 16, 2018, 06:37.

Comment

Oh, the power of a Massey Farm!

Question are they noisy in the Cab as Hydro is below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TVLC6RCvTyK5WcHfGxYOfQ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	766830

Case you lucky guy.

We had 1/2 in rain on Friday to sat early morning then wet snow then snow.

Snow finally all went yesterday at 3:00.

North an hour they were going on Canola 12.5 and drying it. West Foam Lake.

All in our area were sitting. But looks like the shit show is going to get real.

Well, try today after we get the dryer switched over to Canola.

Morning photo and 5 PM

Name:	IMG_0379.jpg
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	766831

Name:	56133517002__0018CF5F-C48F-4503-8681-C5B9FAE79292.jpg
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	766832

Comment