• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fall spraying.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall spraying.

Is it too late.Thinking spraying this week when it warms up.The last stuff I sprayed last fall was the best kill.But we may have had more hard frosts this year.Going to spray round up and distinct.only cereals next year then.

Never thought id say this but i think were done. About 20 nights frost here
    Unprecedented? One night was-17
    Have sprayed in nov before
    Last edited by caseih; Oct 15, 2018, 17:26.

Comment

Thistles are so droopy..they must be shocked at these temps to..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
        Thistles are so droopy..they must be shocked at these temps to..
        If you don't get good control bayer/Monsanto will say it was too cold .....seems logical.....from their point of view....

Comment

We winterized the sprayer on Saturday.

Last three weeks everything is done.

Comment

Actively growing..is the key words.otherwise a waste of money and time..

Comment

No more spraying here. Winterized the sprayer a short while ago. The dog's water dish has been frozen solid at times...so I can't imagine what the perennials are thinking after the same conditions without snow cover every time it froze HARD.

We got the pea stubble done that was Regloned. And the flax was preharvested. The rest wasn't too bad at all(probably to the point of not even worth it) but a half section of canola stubble could have used a shot for different thistles...its not like we never incrop spray the following year anyway....or spring preburn.

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                Is it too late.Thinking spraying this week when it warms up.The last stuff I sprayed last fall was the best kill.But we may have had more hard frosts this year.Going to spray round up and distinct.only cereals next year then.
                If you intend to continue just producing a commodity then spray. If you want to produce food don't spray.

Comment

Some thistles still have a green leaf close to the ground.some have no green.so I presume only partial control.may not be enough to make it worth while.

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
                    If you intend to continue just producing a commodity then spray. If you want to produce food don't spray.
                    he is talking about post harvest , thought you said you were a farmer , ffs?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      he is talking about post harvest , thought you said you were a farmer , ffs?
                      Stick to facebook. I notice you put a question mark after almost every sentence. I wonder who's not sure of what they're talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
                        Stick to facebook. I notice you put a question mark after almost every sentence. I wonder who's not sure of what they're talking about!
                        the question mark is me questioning you saying you are a farmer and you don't know the diff between pre harvest and post harvest
                        what's Facebook ?????

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                          Some thistles still have a green leaf close to the ground.some have no green.so I presume only partial control.may not be enough to make it worth while.
                          https://sustainablepulse.com/2018/10/13/glyphosate-and-dicamba-herbicides-increase-antibiotic-resistance-in-bacteria/#.W8VqVWgzbIV

Comment

I would say its to late for thistles and any grass but if you have any winter annuals like stink weed hawks beard and winter cleavers you can clean them up. One fall we had a real cold snap and I think -20 a night or two then it warmed up and I sprayed dandelions and just erased them but I won't say that will work every year.

Comment

newguy
                              consider the info in the following link in your decision
                              your soils likely contain higher OC and biology to metabolize the shit you want to apply but long term the chem farming approach is proving obsolete

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.