• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seed royalty

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seed royalty

In order to attract and retain the best plant breeders,Canada needs a system that compensates them for there efforts.What a ****ing crock of shit,they can use there own money,money from government and all other places that they receive money from.upov-78rules would be exempt,ya right until they deregistered all the good old varieties.Ifor one are sick and tired of everybody leeching off off us farmers,this all about increasing our cost and getting **** all in Return!! Stand up and fight this it all about making some people very wealthy,if I have to pay for farm saved seed then it time to exit this business I don’t see a further in grain farming take on all the risk and get bent over right from seed to selling your grain!

sad thing is only group that opposed it was the NFU, none of our other "farm groups" could give a shit , or am I wrong ?? some were cheering for it ?
    here are some thoughts:
    1) everyone ask for All their money back from these useless check offs , everyone of them
    2)someone start a class action to get money back that has been stolen by pulse people . not a chance in hell they could make that stand up in court
    3)infiltrate the NFU and get rid of NDP ties , it should be a real farm interest group, not a spin off of a political party and then funnel all check off money into that and get some shit done
    4)if your RM is funding APAS tell them to stop

time to get rid of these bloodsucking leaches using our own money against us , all of them
    Last edited by Guest; Oct 11, 2018, 14:09.

Comment

Agree 100%. There have been so much investment in seed research that there is a proliferation of similar varieties so there is no shortage there. Having varieties deregistered for no good reason except that nobody is paying the necessary bribes anymore (looking at you CGC) needs to be stopped. And yes this would be a good job for the commodity groups to take on.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
        Agree 100%. There have been so much investment in seed research that there is a proliferation of similar varieties so there is no shortage there. Having varieties deregistered for no good reason except that nobody is paying the necessary bribes anymore (looking at you CGC) needs to be stopped. And yes this would be a good job for the commodity groups to take on.
        a million varieties, and in the end, everyone has the same fckn yield. what a bunch of bullsh&t. We only need a few varieties. Time for someone other than the primary producer to find efficiencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyharrows View Post
          In order to attract and retain the best plant breeders,Canada needs a system that compensates them for there efforts.What a ****ing crock of shit,they can use there own money,money from government and all other places that they receive money from.upov-78rules would be exempt,ya right until they deregistered all the good old varieties.Ifor one are sick and tired of everybody leeching off off us farmers,this all about increasing our cost and getting **** all in Return!! Stand up and fight this it all about making some people very wealthy,if I have to pay for farm saved seed then it time to exit this business I don’t see a further in grain farming take on all the risk and get bent over right from seed to selling your grain!
          Seed industry is out of hand.

This must be why hybrid cereals are being promoted.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            ....sad thing is only group that opposed it was the NFU, none of our other "farm groups" could give a shit.......
            ......infiltrate the NFU and get rid of NDP ties , it should be a real farm interest group.........
            Rather conflicting statements there case - first you praise them (almost) then condemn them for not being "a real farm interest group".
            Damn straight producers should be praising them for the work they did on the seed file - pity that more producers didn't wake up to it sooner and set their prejudices aside or we could have achieved a result working together.

Comment

Hold on....our checkoff money goes to research and develop these new varieties and some group keeps saying their is a return on that investment to farmers......so the ****ing seed growers ask for more from farmers....

Give me my checkoff money back ....dont just take it....and force these ****ers to pay for their own research and development ....no money from government....

Maybe no one has noticed a 5cwad is the same price as a 1cwad....and lentils are not worth **** all....not sure why we need more of anything ...other than to add more expense to a tighter budget of most farms....

ignorant ****ing pricks....and the federal ag minister grants them the audience for this bullshit....

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                Rather conflicting statements there case - first you praise them (almost) then condemn them for not being "a real farm interest group".
                Damn straight producers should be praising them for the work they did on the seed file - pity that more producers didn't wake up to it sooner and set their prejudices aside or we could have achieved a result working together.
                well I took notice when they tried to stop that
                and I guess I am maybe being to harsh on the NFU
                it's just the history of them being in bed with the NDP
                they need to shake that perception
                but I think they would be a good group to funnel all the checkoffs into
                but they must seperate themselves completely from politics

Comment

Drain the swamp?

NFU/CCF started as populism.

Comment

Lets get organized and do something about this BS, I'm too busy to wrestle all the crooks and leeches so my way to protest is to boycott the crooks and not give them a opportunity to keep repeatedly screwing me over, boy my circle is getting pretty small but I do get a sense of satisfaction. We lost control of our industry and wont be getting it back without a fight.
                    If we could find the right candidate I would contribute the checkoff dollars I was refunded to support a hired gun to take back control of our industry, we turnover enough money that we should be able to attract a top notch representative.
                    I wish I felt good about struggling to keep farming so my kids would have better life but I'm not sure anymore, if this trend continues the next generation will have even less control and our industry will be lost.
                    If anyone has the time to start a "new" movement ill contribute, I don't have any faith in any of the existing farm groups so scrap them and start fresh!

Comment

Originally posted by GOODRUM View Post
                      ........ We lost control of our industry and wont be getting it back without a fight. If we could find the right candidate I would contribute the checkoff dollars I was refunded to support a hired gun to take back control of our industry, we turnover enough money that we should be able to attract a top notch representative.....
                      Nice sentiment but unrealistic in my opinion - it's going to take a lot more than one person to fight this battle - and all the checkoffs combined wouldn't compete with the dollars and political clout the corporations on the other side spend lobbying.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                        Nice sentiment but unrealistic in my opinion - it's going to take a lot more than one person to fight this battle - and all the checkoffs combined wouldn't compete with the dollars and political clout the corporations on the other side spend lobbying.
                        When checkoff dollars quit going to R$D...that will be a start....

Asking MPs to stop flowing money that way as well....

We don't need to grow more...

There are only so many varieties of each crop that become standouts....

Western Canada use to have basically one or two varieties of wheat that made up 85 percent of the wheat grown in a year now it's like stupid amount of varieties and people wonder why meeting specs is tough....

Saskpulse spend tens of millions in R$D. ....we are really no further ahead.....no one is buying our product at steep discounts....

It doesn't take much to fight this just tell the right people to smarten up..

Gerry Ritz was a ****ing moron ....but look at who was whispering in in ear and there are the people that ****ed up our industry with very little vision....

Look who is still beating their chests about August 1 , 2012....yup those are the guys responsible. ...

Comment

The Seed system is screwed up in Canada.

PAY PAY PAY for same or similar shit and then Deregister varieties. for Bull shit reasons.

Its a joke and they know it. Hopefully, farmers will soon wake up.

You cant pay sky-high seed prices for a yield of 28 bushels an acre in drought conditions.

Just basic math.

Ah, math.

Comment

The pulse program of the CDC was supported by producer check off, the agreement that allows Sask Pulse Growers to commercialize seed ends in 2020. Does anyone on SPG board want to comment on how the varieties will be commercialized after this agreement.

IF there is a tender process how will the process be set up to insure the process is transparent, accountable and fair?

And yes it is too bad that farmers did not own this plant breeding institution, we should have, followed the LIMAGRAIN route.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                              The Seed system is screwed up in Canada.

PAY PAY PAY for same or similar shit and then Deregister varieties. for Bull shit reasons.

Its a joke and they know it. Hopefully, farmers will soon wake up.

You cant pay sky-high seed prices for a yield of 28 bushels an acre in drought conditions.

Just basic math.

Ah, math.
                              Then happily take a discount to harvest tough grain to get it off to pay some bills while the grain companies continue to lower prices.....

I don't get it ...grow more bushels to get less per bushel and guys think they are moving forward.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...