• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wakey Wakey ag farm groups and politicians. Houston we have a Problem.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakey Wakey ag farm groups and politicians. Houston we have a Problem.

Houston we have a problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hYkId5ohQvWRNTOiZKCd5Q.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	778156

Snow is coming down hard, guess what experts there is a hell of a lot of really big crops still out in the field. Yes, the south had smaller crops and real small crops and are done the harvesting. But again looking south out of your office tower and seeing fields harvested is not reality in Western Canada.

Turn your chair north pick up your binoculars and look way out there those are swaths of HRS Canola Peas etc still in the field.

This country is run on F#KIng Moron Power. Feel good crop reports that keep telling the city folk that was 60% done and ahead of the five-year average.

WTF is the good of comparing a five-year average.

Maybe farm groups should actually start doing something and meeting with idiots in charge and discuss the problem out there.

Were at 50% done but I have friends that text me with 8000-acre farms that have 14 acres of canola off. Or guys who in last three weeks have had 2.5 days to harvest.

But no not in this useless fool of a country we have snowflakes and lollypops and magic dragons to help us out.

Politicians and Media and Farm groups should be looking into possible solutions for Natural gas propane drying etc. Crop insurance. Short term changes to Cash advance repayment or new issues or FCC or banks defer payment etc.

Not getting a crop and having to wait till next spring isn't going to be a fun winter. The reset I was talking about could happen.

Guys that are done with smaller crops have issues also. Like paying for shit with half crop and piss poor prices.

But in this useless fool of a country we get to sing and dance and be gender neutral and all our troubles will be gone.

To my haters, I'm grateful I had great luck with the 2018 harvest but it just pisses me off when farmers are hurting and all the groups who feed off of us sit on their hands and do nothing when a crisis is happening.

Buy fertilizer because it's going up, get your seed for 2019 even if your 2018 crop is in the field, buy buy equipment please, it's sick.

Does anyone believe the Useless Environment Canada with Don't worry it will be a warm dry harvest?

Like really what a crock.

We pay farm groups huge levies to work for us all I have to say is you fools are F#$King Morons.

Sask ag and food keep telling its great big love fest out here.

Trudeau wakes up you fool big problems are coming.

Happy Sunday got to get the sleds going as conditions are almost awesome.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1NTTZZsYRSa45vOjtg3WaQ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	778157

SK3, I get you. We have 2/3rds of our crop out yet - no snow but wet. Going to be hard getting around the fields.

Anyway, your govt will never ever be there for you. We need to stop thinking along those lines.

We need a new attitude in this business. Do BTOs who outbid people for thousands of acres really deserve a bail out? Maybe right sizing our farms and allowing some smaller operators to expand a little instead of guys grabbing it all might be a better strategy.

Dont always look to the govt. We have created a lot of our own problems.

Comment

No relief in the 2 week weathernetwork forecast, another system mid late next week with falling temps again into the weekend and no greater than single digit temps after Wednesday. Doing the october jobs now p, pen building and repairing cleaned pens when we could , but the crops still out really screw the fall stubble grazing plans. Have both a ton of aeration and a 6600 vertec dryer ( which I haven't needed to fire up in 20 years) but have to get the straw dry first, if your farm has neither option you could be in for a long fall.

Comment

Right sizing is a good phrase but very few are done at any size here...

Flax soybeans etc were being left for after the cereals were off .....but the cereals didn't get done either...

Comment

Not that much can be done harvesting wise anyway..... but governments should be able to tell elevators to fire up their dryers and run them at a reasonable charge.....and paper dry as much as possible to the benefit of the producer...it would seem like good business but maybe not...they can probably force every producer to buy dryers just like grain bins as well...and call it a cost of doing business.

Comment

This is beyond size of farms.
            Every other modern country is supporting their farms not here

We can't wait for them to do something need to get organized and start telling g these useless Sask party rural mla they're gone next term if nothing gets done it's a *** disaster even if weather smartens up now billions lost extra expenses drying grain heating

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
              This is beyond size of farms.
              Every other modern country is supporting their farms not here

We can't wait for them to do something need to get organized and start telling g these useless Sask party rural mla they're gone next term if nothing gets done it's a *** disaster even if weather smartens up now billions lost extra expenses drying grain heating
              Don't forget that the carbon tax will fix it all...

I think this has a lot do with the hurricanes on both sides of the world...the air is gravity attached to this planet ....so its like throwing a stone into water ..the ripple effect causes these changes ...

OH and I thought we were organized with groups like Saskpulse, Saskflax, Saskwheat, APAS, SARM, Saskcanola, Saskmustard....where is our representatives that are suppose to represent the common primary producer???????
              Last edited by bucket; Sep 23, 2018, 10:01.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                Right sizing is a good phrase but very few are done at any size here...
                Same here, but the prospect of having a thousand acres to get off vs 8,000 is a different beast.

Here is a little known fact in farming. Risk rises exponentially with the size of your operation. A few BTOs around me learned that lesson in 2010 when all their lentil acres when for mush.

Here is another little know fact in farming. You will never get rich growing commodities. Paying big rent, big iron and big inputs and having no equity is a dead end. You will make a buck one year, then give it back the next. Commodities are a distinctly break even prospect. The value is in the land, period and honestly spinning your wheels on un-owned property is insanity.

Canada is the only modern country with the most mega farms. More farmers per acreage in EU and USA. Thats why they are supported.
                Last edited by jazz; Sep 23, 2018, 10:04.

Comment

Comment

Jazz your off the Mark it isn't the BTo or ME or others that is the problem. Its Weather and wet snow then snow again and finally snow that has cooled the ground and we need a major warm up to get this shit show going.

Blaming the problems we have with weather isn't a BTO thing.

Wow, I just can't believe how some can't grasp the fact some farmers I know haven't harvested anything more than maybe 500 acres.

Yea its a BTO problem.

We have a sept contract for Canola that I did back when the price spiked and was going to deliver old crop against. Ah, cars didn't show up and guess what it's in October now.

Ah, patience farmers we screw you every day.

But fighting its a BTO vs little guy is so intelligent.

We have governments and Crop groups that have no clue WTF is going on.

But when they need a Selfie of a wheat field there right there.

Comment

Get your gpos market managers in limited space at terminals if you dont have a target you dont have a chance.

Comment

It's to early yet.
                        Will take at least another month before the media gets out of the cities.
                        Plus forecast is good by enviro.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                          Same here, but the prospect of having a thousand acres to get off vs 8,000 is a different beast.

Here is a little known fact in farming. Risk rises exponentially with the size of your operation. A few BTOs around me learned that lesson in 2010 when all their lentil acres when for mush.

Here is another little know fact in farming. You will never get rich growing commodities. Paying big rent, big iron and big inputs and having no equity is a dead end. You will make a buck one year, then give it back the next. Commodities are a distinctly break even prospect. The value is in the land, period and honestly spinning your wheels on un-owned property is insanity.

Canada is the only modern country with the most mega farms. More farmers per acreage in EU and USA. Thats why they are supported.
                          You got an early start on drugs if you think this event isn't going to hurt smaller farmers also. And I m not talking about someone with a quarter of land that works on the oil rigs. Someone that makes a living off the land.
                          Programs are just as shitty for all sizes.

The only way I survived was expand not what I wanted but that's what FCC and the banks told me the optimum farm varies. But they won't even wast their time with smaller operators that have more Than enough equity they want the big deals like pike broadass one earth that don't have he equity but yet can walk in and get what ever they want.
                          and that's another issue that needs some intervention on who the industry is supporting

But right now the immediate is the damage that has occurred.

Comment

Tell me please what you would expect the govt to do about this? Weather has and will always be our nemesis. Nothing new here.

A conscious decision was made long ago that it was too expensive to support low population rural areas no matter how much wealth they produce. US and EU heavily invest in rural communities. Doesnt make it right but the ship has sailed. If we even got Trudeaus attention, he would just come out and lecture us on climate change.

And for full disclosure, I am probably the smallest most indebted farmer on this forum. No job to bail me out.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                              Tell me please what you would expect the govt to do about this? Weather has and will always be our nemesis. Nothing new here.

A conscious decision was made long ago that it was too expensive to support low population rural areas no matter how much wealth they produce. US and EU heavily invest in rural communities. Doesnt make it right but the ship has sailed. If we even got Trudeaus attention, he would just come out and lecture us on climate change.

And for full disclosure, I am probably the smallest most indebted farmer on this forum. No job to bail me out.
                              Maybe don't spend a billion on carbon sequester to start. Stadium water irrigation for friends. Etc etc. Where is the premium money from crop insurance going?

Who s getting agristability? And that grow forward bullshit going to corps that I think go broke to pull all that gov money and run.

Where is invigor and Monsanto they told me I d get 60 bushels to the acre so who's covering the difference? Warranty should be at that seed price.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...