• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spot Delivery

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spot Delivery

Almost zero old seasons grain here in Oz but if you did $380 per tonne wheat.

Drought and frost has everyone wondering were exactly is grain gonna come from

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post

Is it so bad you might have to import or will WA cover

Comment

Originally posted by vvalk View Post
      Is it so bad you might have to import or will WA cover
      WA has been frosted o buggery and poke me in the eye with a blunt stick weve got 2c tonight and 1c tuesday morn not wanted not needed in year when yield prospects falling quicker than hookers knickers.

Could be worse i guess minus 1 or 2
      Last edited by malleefarmer; Sep 23, 2018, 03:03.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post

Seriously? I guess the fact alot of Western Canada's wheat is being pummeled by Mother Nature and it may not all make it off the field this fall has no bearing on our prices. Also the distance to port really cuts into our farmgate prices.

But, over $10 bucks(near par bucks) a bushel here almost seems impossible and dreamlike. Even if you take a $2 basis.... $8 net is a long way from the sub $6.50 prices here...

I get a chuckle out of Grain Marketing Reps.... they want to know what you will sell your wheat for. Well put in a target..... My target is a "moving" target!!!! The prices I am looking for has to start with a 7, but that might mean $7.01 OR $7.99!!! Just keep jacking up the offers and I will sell when I think I am getting a fair price given the information I can gather and evaluate.

Our wheat specs:
        13.5-14.4 Px
        11-13.5 Moisture
        410-415 grams per half liter(like cement)
        All #1

quality wheat may be in demand.

Comment

Grain cos are in a uniquely win win position.....the contracted grain in the field has someone to pay for higher prices...ie the defaulter may have to pay.....one reason why I won't presell much.....

If they delay long enough the railways will **** up scheduling to delay movement with winter as an excuse....

And for the guys that price after the known quantity is there ....well the grain cos know it's there.....

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
            Grain prices are rising steadily in South Australia !
            Last wheat I sold they gave 8.14 USA dollar !

Grain prices are falling in western !
            You are lucky you live "way out there" close to the US border and their market.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              Grain cos are in a uniquely win win position.....the contracted grain in the field has someone to pay for higher prices...ie the defaulter may have to pay.....one reason why I won't presell much.....

If they delay long enough the railways will **** up scheduling to delay movement with winter as an excuse....

And for the guys that price after the known quantity is there ....well the grain cos know it's there.....
              I have time.....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                I have time.....
                yes but do the paint addicts????

Comment

Should have worded the post better but production will be cut a few more times.

Summer crop acres diminishing as well

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...