• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buy Canadian - Tools

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy Canadian - Tools

How many of us are guilty of going to princess Auto or Canadian tire or home Depot for wrenches screwdrivers and stuff?

There's one company left in Canada that makes super high quality tools, here in Canada out of Canadian steel.

I've been buying their stuff for a while now... It never goes to the field or in the truck... But for working on machinery in the yard or on vehicles they are the first set I pull out.

Expensive? Yes... But they don't break or wear or rust and at least supporting our own country instead of Chinese imports.

Okay, who?

Comment

Only POWERFIST here! Lol, I even hate the smell of that store!

Comment

I buy majority from CanTire if they come with lifetime warranty. Lost track of how many times I have thrown a broken tool on the bench and walked out with a new one. Keep multiples around farm and never left without one. I have a 24" pipe wrench that has to be replaced next time I go. Snapped her right in half with cheater pipe. Replacement no problem. Specialty tools are usually Craftsman Industrial, GearWrench or some other proud American brand. Canadians have priced themselves out of basically all manufactured goods.

Comment

p.s. the tool I like to use the most is under my belt, not in it.

Mallee, lowered the bar, I'm just taking advantage of it.

Comment

Sorry.

Gray.
            https://shopgraytools.com https://shopgraytools.com

They are on the level of Snapon, Proto, and Gedore

Comment

What percentage are still made in Canada? I’ve seen some lately that said Taiwan

Comment

Originally posted by dalek View Post
                What percentage are still made in Canada? I’ve seen some lately that said Taiwan
                If they say "gray" they are here. Dynamic and the homeowner ones are made in Taiwan

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  p.s. the tool I like to use the most is under my belt, not in it.

Mallee, lowered the bar, I'm just taking advantage of it.
                  But is it Canadian made and stronger than Chinese steel?

Comment

Home Depot does handle some GRAY tools online.
                    Less money than Snap-On but still, you sure would be sad to lose one.
                    Good quality. Always reached for GRAY impact sockets when nothing else would do

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                      If they say "gray" they are here. Dynamic and the homeowner ones are made in Taiwan
                      Sorry, that’s just not true anymore. Many are made in Canada but some Gray branded tools have been made offshore for a while, including their entire line of tool boxes and chests. These were adjustable wrenches at a Gray dealer stamped Gray Canada on one side and Made in Taiwan on the other

Comment

Originally posted by dalek View Post
                        Sorry, that’s just not true anymore. Many are made in Canada but some Gray branded tools have been made offshore for a while, including their entire line of tool boxes and chests. These were adjustable wrenches at a Gray dealer stamped Gray Canada on one side and Made in Taiwan on the other

Good to know.

Comment

Gray and Cresent was all the farm had 50 years ago...odd one could be still here, going to check in tool boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                            How many of us are guilty of going to princess Auto or Canadian tire or home Depot for wrenches screwdrivers and stuff?

There's one company left in Canada that makes super high quality tools, here in Canada out of Canadian steel.

I've been buying their stuff for a while now... It never goes to the field or in the truck... But for working on machinery in the yard or on vehicles they are the first set I pull out.

Expensive? Yes... But they don't break or wear or rust and at least supporting our own country instead of Chinese imports.
                            We were just talking about that today. I went To Rona this morning and noticed a huge DeWalt kit of beautiful looking bits. On closer inspection, they were made in China and assembled in Mexico - total junk.

Comment

Excellent post, totally agree, we have some gray tools around the farm they are high quality. Sure doesn't hurt to have some better tools around as long as they get looked after.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...