• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday thank you notes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday thank you notes

Thank you to Saskpulse for going on two years without asking the federal government for an adhoc payment with regards to the tariffs

Thank you to the farm groups for not being at the table like the supply management during trade talks

Thank you for no one asking for an extension on advances while the harvest is out.

Thank you to the grain cos that won't fire their dryers up that haven't been started for years just to help out....they made a fortune paper drying ...they could share the wealth.

A big thank you to mother nature for giving us moisture to try this again next year if we get this crop...

Thank you to the railways for saying they are gearing up for harvest. ....which one is the question...2019 or 2020

Thank you to the farm group that whispered in yerry's ear for a complete ****ed up system ....no protein premiums until 17 percent. ...no accountability. ....and forced to take the American exchange prices while the US farmer gets a 12 billion dollar handout....in a true open market ...you ****ing stupid fools....BTW where is that WCWGA group that should be asking for that equivalent adhoc payment for Canadian farmers since they think the Americans have an open market? ???? This isn't the cwb debate either.....it's an free open market debate about how we take US exchange prices without the adhoc....your farms are competing against the US treasury not the market....

Thank you to government for another 18 million to scientists to find better yield and quality when our customers are paying for a lower quality and buying less. ...that's following your customer demands...
    Last edited by bucket; Sep 21, 2018, 06:31.

I for one say thank you for the harvest weather so far to help us get the crop in.

But on the other hand, thank you to the Feds for not getting a real prosperity project and twin the rail lines in Canada like all other countries.

Thanks to the Opposition Dealer for delivering more Demos than I can handle.

Ah, its Friday just Thank You.

Comment

I know it seems like I am a miserable prick. ...just getting sick of politicians and board people say " that's a good idea or they feel the frustration """".....and nothing changes....

Auto industry gets equivalent share of bailouts

Steel gets commitment of bailout funds just recently. ...

Supply management is protected and yet no one will look at a north American solution of a blended supply management for the three north American countries. ...

The liberals have shit on most exporting industries in western Canada and crickets....

Maybe I don't owe my kids a living in this industry but we do need replacement workers of another generation....but it seems politicians are becoming intergenerational which is concerning....Trudeau, LeBlanc etc

Comment

Don't forget to thank someone for the reasonable fuel and gas prices we are experiencing.

Also to everyone who calls reminding us to buy inputs months in advance of needing them before the "yearly ***seasonal*** price increases" game kicks in.

What I am truly thankful for is getting most of our harvest done. And what is left out there is almost moisture proof in regards to downgrading.

What I am a little disappointed in is the amount of rain we got since this whole harvest delay started. In the last 21 days we got a whopping .71 of an inch of rain. Alot of that coming in very small doses. If it's going to **** around at least give me a meaningful amount of moisture. This isn't building the moisture bank account in the land very well for next year's crop at all.

Remember to stay safe out there, the push to go hard and go long will be the theme when the weather finally gives most people the opportunity to get back out there. Take Care...
        Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 21, 2018, 07:03.

Comment

A year ago today I was thankful to finish harvest, can’t say it yet this yr!! Have 28% left that’s basically done to the ones that only have a few acres done. Here’s hoping we get the good days ahead and some warmth so we all can wrap things up.
          Im thankful SK3 got to keep combining at 19.7, he does need to make tracks south soon.
          All the best to everyone go hard and be safe to get what’s left out. As SK3 says it’s only a crop that’s we are being taken advantage of, family is the important things. He is actually right, we need to take time and think of that more often.
          I actually agreed with something he said. 😂😂
          Wonder if he will thank me for saying that. 😂

Comment

I’m also thankful for friends even the one I’ve never met. Always nice to share ideas and talk about things besides the everyday grind on the farm.

Comment

Thank you to Bethune radar that hardly ever works.
              To all weather forecasters.you never agree..where the hell are you looking???

Comment

Yes, thank you for 2017 harvest, a whopper! Perfect harvest weather, never dried a bushel...
                This year don't know how the crop grew so well given all the shit weather, thank you... so far...
                BIG thank you to media to keep silent on the $11 billion rotting in fields...I would hate to worry any suppliers/dealers/bankers.

Comment

We have a lot to be thankful for - and a bit to complain about. Remembering those around you are the important ones, even the hired man who never missed a beat and the city friends who run out at a beckoning call. Ours is in the bin, not the biggest crop we ever took off but good enough to keep the wolf from the door for a year. And thanx to the ones who scoured the Ritchie Auction site to find these 2 beautiful IH combines that just kept purring - until the last few hours, ain’t that the way she goes. Just thankful some things stay the same, and always thankful to log in here to see who’s doing what - interesting. 💪👍 We lived through many falls where Jewish holidays screwed us up, but those years seperate the mice from the men!

Comment

I'd like to say thatnk you to Rocky Mountain equipment for finding a great service tech to come out and help me when ourM150 wouldnt run the d****r header this fall and we we too busy with harvest to spent time on it even though I was 90 percent certain it had something to do with the Disc block that we had put on it to run the new disc header we bought last winter and that he was good enough to go to the opposite end of the machine and insist it had to be the canvas motors and cross auger motor and had to change those just to find out that it didnt change a damn thing. then so thankful he had to aurgue with me and take apart almost everything on the machine hydraulically and finally after a day of that finally decide lo and behold it may be the disc block and then proceed to order the wrong part. And I'd like to really thank Macdon Industries and their great product rep who wouldnt return calls and would only talk to the dealership about the issue, and then had the balls to send the message through the dealership that since we the customer installed the disc block there would be no warranty on said disc block. despite the fact 30 years ago I graduated with a agricultural Mechanics diploma from Olds College and have pulled approximately 95 percent of the wrenches here since. And thanks for wasting 19 days when that machine could have been swathing that Canola that got too ripe to swath and then got hailed on last weekend. Thanks for nothing really nothing. And amazingly as soon as I pulled the disc block off the d****r ran perfectly as it had when we took it off for storage.
                    I'm planning on thanking them both by never bothering them with my business again.

Comment

So is that block electronic? To f*ck up the swather brain? Had shit like that in our auto shift tandem. The Eaton tranny ecm virtually killed the whole truck. and NO TECH could understand it, nobody ever had the same experience, nothing on google even close. Truck cab ripped apart because it just had to be a harness issue. Nope, they were all wrong.

Comment

2 years ago my MD header was not working for a week. Last year cost $5k in parts labor and custom work with same issue. Stopped again this year and now fixed properly in 20 minutes.
                        MD does not follow through with tech training or dealer follow up.
                        Some dealers also too busy to keep their service department supported. Thankful for the support I get though.
                        Thanks to factory for parts warranty to expire while machine in shed rather than on hours. $800 for a bearing that runs for 150, sits for 10 months and fails first day costing $3000.

Comment

My relate worked at Gear Centre for years. He advised me not buy a used autoshift because of electrical.
                          And keep to prairie origin trucks.

Comment

Yes macdon has their goofy shit.
                            When our m155 was new..the header would not engage with the lites on..they thought I was smoking pot..needed new wiring harness.

Comment

A great big hardy thankyou to Superior propane for always jacking up the price just as I fire up my grain dryer and when I need your product the most.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...