• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow new independent study carbon tax????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow new independent study carbon tax????

So apparently people
    Associated with Steven Harper have done a study and the federal carbon tax would be a net benefit to every household in Sask by over 1,500 dollars a year??

Wow great the carbon tax is a perpetual motion machine, it’s actually going to create more money than it uses for a few households.

We are so screwed.

Comment

Alberta has a carbon tax, so how much are you Albertons raking in?

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
        Alberta has a carbon tax, so how much are you Albertons raking in?
        I'm drying grain with propane right now which is not exempt from the carbon tax. But did however buy a few cheap subsidised LED lightbulbs, so yes, we are all much richer as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
          So apparently people
          Associated with Steven Harper have done a study and the federal carbon tax would be a net benefit to every household in Sask by over 1,500 dollars a year??
          What’s going to be the net cost per acon every farm ?
          I could care less about the average urbanite household.
          What would it cost the average farm ?
          That direct question get skirted every time.

Comment

So apparently people
            What’s going to be the net cost per ac on every farm ?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              What’s going to be the net cost per ac on every farm ?
              Yes that is the question but my question is these people that did this study somehow found the areas that do most of the activity in the country are supposedly getting way more back so will this be a net amount back to farmers or who the hell is getting this. Because if it isn't us farmers then someone somewhere is getting a hell of a lot more than 1500
              Back? That's my question.

Comment

Yes that is the question but my question is these people that did this study somehow found the areas that do most of the activity in the country are supposedly getting way more back so will this be a net amount back to farmers or who the hell is getting this. Because if it isn't us farmers then someone somewhere is getting a hell of a lot more than 1500
                Back? That's my question.
                Got ya , that’s been one of my questions from day one as well.
                Not that I care much now , I believe this whole carbon tax scam is getting dismantled shortly anyway .

Comment

If I understand the article correctly the Liberals would take from Peter to pay Paul. Low income earners will recieve far more in rebates than they pay in carbon tax, in fact according to the article most people will and the money will come from carbon taxes payed by industrial users, so in other words an income transfer. What the article doesn't in my opinion take in to account, is yes you will recieve more back than what you pay in tax but if industrial users are footing the bill the costs of goods and services we pay for will rise more quickly than projected. And why would you change your behavior if you recieve more than you pay in carbon tax? What a fricking scam! It will certainly cost farmers far more than they recieve!

Comment

Translation.......take money from the farmer and give to city people. Sounds like a environment saving idea to me. Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                      Translation.......take money from the farmer and give to city people. Sounds like a environment saving idea to me. Idiots
                      The urban types will fall for these rebate cheques hook line and sinker. They have no idea how its generated. They will actually believe that carbon taxes are a money maker. Liberals are basically a shoe in for 2019. And all they did in 4 yrs was tax, tap the deficit and redistibute it. Nothing else.

I've already instructed my accountant to set up our operation to pay zero taxes to this cabal.

The carbon tax is hidden in our inputs. Fertilizer, chem, fuel. Reduce those and we choke that scam a bit.

Comment

Does the carbon tax apply to foreign imports that compete with domestic industries?

If not, it is designed to punish Canadian employers and favour foreign production.

Comment

Originally posted by ColevilleH2S View Post
                          Does the carbon tax apply to foreign imports that compete with domestic industries?

If not, it is designed to punish Canadian employers and favour foreign production.

I’m sure China’s cheque is in the mail😉

Comment

Originally posted by ColevilleH2S View Post

Hmm , interesting question that needs to be answered.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                              Hmm , interesting question that needs to be answered.
                              Well aren't the polluters that pay the price supposed to get more money back so they should be more competitive? Hahahah that sounds so stupid but isn't that what harpers people are saying?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...