• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Durum Price?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Durum Price?

Good god! Dropped $0.37/bu at one local this morning to a whopping $6.07 for a #1 13.0. Other competitors sitting in the 6.10 to 6.25 area. You could drop it into the feed market for a premium right now...

What sort of crop did the Northern states pull off? Is carryout high? What's dragging this thing down?

**** it's well below 6 bucks here ....5.80 for a 1cwad 11-15px....

Feed it is....

Comment

Helmsdale, what are you seeing for feed bids on that durum?

Comment

Haven't really shopped it around yet... Going by alberta ag's weekly crop market review, http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/sdd6248 http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/sdd6248 feed barley is trading at roughly $250/Mt dropped into lethbridge. Haven't ever dropped durum into the feed market, so not sure how that price would translate, but a local BTO said he was quoted $5.80 picked up. Any of my so called "local" elevators are all 100+ miles away, so it'd take at least $0.40-$0.50/bu to get it hauled.

Comment

A lot of durum came to market off combine at that 6.60-7.00 bushel have all they need for awhile.

Comment

Snow and rain will be making feed in the north. I would expect other than short term nearby need feed values to drop off as well. We aren't durum farmers but reading market reports and S&D's looks like there is lots of high quality out there, Canada planted too much, and sounds like every vessel into Italy is a big political meltdown b/c there is glyphosate residue on it. This years carryout would suggest a lot needs to go as feed.

Comment

Like everything else in the 🚽

Comment

Just an enormous ass raping is what this is....

Sure could have signed earlier but I didn't know what I was going to have....still don't...with this weather.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Just an enormous ass raping is what this is....

Sure could have signed earlier but I didn't know what I was going to have....still don't...with this weather.
                  Some days the raping is so vigorous, its difficult to discern whether it's punched or reamed...

Comment

Brings back memories of 2009. For some reason durum got seeded on winter wheat stubble. Despite pre spray, enough winter wheat survived as volunteer in the durum. Ended up selling the mix for $4 per bushel as feed which beat the final CWB pool return for 1 CWAD slightly. Oh the good old days. Thanks to hyperinflation, $4 in 2009 is probably worth close to $8 today.

Comment

yeah....but you can make it up on volume.....hahaha.

I laugh everytime I think of that skit from Saturday night live ....

You lose on every transaction but make it up on volume....****ing stupid but so true.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                        Anyone who thinks there is lots of durum out there hasn't seen the crops from Rosetown to south of Swift current !
                        Lots of durum in the bins before the combines headed to the field wiseguy. Zero durum shortage this year

Iceman

Comment

A local guy who quit farming and rented some of his dirt to a local BTO is a combine jockey for them now....he used a three digit number to describe the durum crop yeild afew miles from here...lol. No really thats what he said. Personally I don't believe it would be the average in that block of land they farm.
                          This wasn't worth repeating....worse than coffee shop talk.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                            How n the hell do you know icey ??

You look in every Farmers bins ???
                            It was pretty easy to figure out this year champ.
                            #NoDurumShortage18

Now all the durum and lentil guys lets hold hands in a circle and lets all say it together.................

“negative accrual inventory adjustment”

Iceman

Comment

Italy no longer buying because of the roundup residues. At least you can still sell as feed and spray all the roundup on the crop you want.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.