• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coke is Hip, Zip or Potato Chips. Lets enjoy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coke is Hip, Zip or Potato Chips. Lets enjoy

The Coca-Cola Co. is in “serious talks” with Aurora Cannabis Inc. to develop cannabis-infused beverages, a groundbreaking move that would signal a significant foray into the marijuana sector by one of the world’s most iconic consumer brands, multiple sources familiar with the matter told BNN Bloomberg.
    The sources said that Coca-Cola (KO.N), the world’s largest beverage company, is interested in developing beverages that are infused with cannabidiol, commonly referred to as CBD, the non-psychoactive chemical found in marijuana plants.
    Unlike other deals between alcohol makers and cannabis producers aimed at making drinks that will give consumers a “buzz” similar to inhaling marijuana, Coca-Cola and Aurora (ACB.TO) would likely develop beverages that will ease inflammation, pain and cramping.
    Estimates vary, but the consumer CBD market is estimated to grow to US$2.1 billion by 2020, from $202 million in 2015, according to a recent report in the Hemp Business Journal.
    “They’re pretty advanced down the path” of doing a deal, according to one source who has direct knowledge of the talks between the two companies.

“It’s going to be more of the ‘recovery drink’ category,” the source added.
    The sources declined to speak on-the-record with BNN Bloomberg as discussions between Aurora and Coca-Cola remain private.
    Kent Landers, a spokesman from Coca-Cola, declined to comment about Aurora. However, he added in an emailed statement to BNN Bloomberg that “along with many others in the beverage industry, we are closely watching the growth of non-psychoactive CBD as an ingredient in functional wellness beverages around the world. The space is evolving quickly. No decisions have been made at this time.”
    Heather MacGregor, a spokeswoman with Aurora, said in an emailed statement that the cannabis producer has expressed specific interest in the infused beverage space, and intends to enter that market.
    “As a rule, we do not discuss business development initiatives until they are finalized, however, we have a responsibility to our shareholders to give proper consideration to all relevant opportunities that are presented,” MacGregor said.

This is where the money will be made. I believe. If someone bought Coke a few weeks ago you might have made some extra cash.

Ah Coke Zero and now CokeHigh

CokeHigh? Really? I thought it was CBD not THC.

CBD is an amazing pain relief product. I've seen firsthand as my wife's cancer pain is relieved by it completely. She used to take enough Advil to make your ears ring with little relief. Now CBD has helped get her a much better quality of life.

Wait till they put THC in Coke to call it CokeHigh. No correlation just Reefer Madness.

Comment

Sorry about your wife.

Yes it was just a quick thing I thought up but my point is coke and big companies were waiting and this is we’re the money will be made no start ups will saucers unless they have the ultimate tesla or apple thing.

Coke shares will go up lots

Comment

Can not see this is going to be a big seller.Way easier ways to take CBD than drinking a coke or two a day.CBD may help but the coke will kill ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
          CokeHigh? Really? I thought it was CBD not THC.

CBD is an amazing pain relief product. I've seen firsthand as my wife's cancer pain is relieved by it completely. She used to take enough Advil to make your ears ring with little relief. Now CBD has helped get her a much better quality of life.

Wait till they put THC in Coke to call it CokeHigh. No correlation just Reefer Madness.
          This is good to hear. Your wife decided to take a plant over a pill.

Comment

Nothing to see you have to be high to prefer coke over Pepsi in the first place.!!!hahahaha

But on a serious note as if kids will not be influenced or addicted to all this even more. What a wack job world this is.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
              Nothing to see you have to be high to prefer coke over Pepsi in the first place.!!!hahahaha

But on a serious note as if kids will not be influenced or addicted to all this even more. What a wack job world this is.
              ........when money trumps morality!

Let me go on the record as saying I am not against cannabis for medicinal purposes, or why should my opinion of its recreational use stop someone else from responsibly using it. It was just a road I didn't think we needed to do down on the widely available recreational side. Now we can treat a bunch of antisocial symptoms again.... not the cause! Will making it more available lessen the symptoms than if it stayed illegal? ....I doubt it. So when heroine or cocaine become more sociably acceptable we legalize them too.... for **** sakes there are safe injection sites already!

Comment

The Original Coca Cola had Cocaine as one of the ingredients

Comment

......so when you can't beat or control it, you legalize it?

Comment

So young children will be able to buy it?

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post

Yes all that sugar in the pop is a terrible thing to get addicted to.Energy drinks on the market way more attractive to the young than coke with CBD.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                        So young children will be able to buy it?
                        They dont even have to buy it. Its naturally occurring in mothers breast milk. Gives infants the munchies.

https://cbdlifeuk.com/study-confirms-cannabinoids-occur-naturally-human-breast-milk/
                        Last edited by biglentil; Sep 17, 2018, 10:23.

Comment

USA has too eventually get out of the stone age of denial. Such a shame good compounds are dismissed due to bad ones. No need for SMOKING it or a HIGH. There are way more BAD health consequences of high fructose corn syrup, and no ban? That should be illegal to produce and add to food/drink!

Comment

Pot laced chips

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...