• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wave after wave ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wave after wave ...

Wow it just won’t quit now .. more snow just north of us , rain fronts almost continuously coming through. If we lose 2 deg we will get er as well by morning.

Sorry furrow I couldn't help myself. You can thank 101.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 16, 2018, 20:46.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      https://youtu.be/0AEj3LA2vSo

Lol , would be nice to be hopeful lol

Comment

Things are looking up, earlier today there was no sign of sun in the 7 day forecast... Should be back in the fields in no time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	weather.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	766707

Comment

Excess wet harvest weather is as hidious as excess dry spring planting weather. ****en extremes.

I do not intend to make light of shit harvest weather some people are experiencing, it's too serious a matter. But I couldn't resist the opporthnity to link the video to furrows tread title.

Comment

Excess wet harvest weather is as hidious as excess dry spring planting weather. ****en extremes.

I do not intend to make light of shit harvest weather some people are experiencing, it's too serious a matter. But I couldn't resist the opporthnity to link the video to furrows tread title.
            And you'll definitely need treads not threads to get through harvest in these conditions!

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
              And you'll definitely need treads not threads to get through harvest in these conditions!
              Missed that one. I don't proof read while on the treadmill.

Comment

Our forecast is bad in the NW until end of September.
                Very little done here except peas and the odd early field of cereal or canola.

The crop is fairly heavy, we have reasonable rain, it was early in July from the heat, but maturity stopped with the smoke and the crop just did not mature.

Going to need a nice October, November.

Comment

You're welcome....

Yes, things are looking up. We may get a few hours with humidity under 50% this coming week. Pouring right now with showers off and on till the 24th so good crop next year.

Might be fit enough to do a test sample on Oct 1. Haven't dried a bushel yet but it may be time to kick raccoon out of drier

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                    You're welcome....

Yes, things are looking up. We may get a few hours with humidity under 50% this coming week. Pouring right now with showers off and on till the 24th so good crop next year.

Might be fit enough to do a test sample on Oct 1. Haven't dried a bushel yet but it may be time to kick racoon out of drier
                    Because I am only Sandbox(play) farming we only have some flax left. I would have gladly taken some of the precipitation off your hands to put in the soil bank for next year. Weather! It would be hard look at a crop deteriorating in the feild because of rain/snow but maybe the positive side is soil moisture for next year. I know...**** off farmaholic!

Comment

Perhaps 30-40% of the yield this year for us was the result of soil moisture from last fall's rains.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                        Perhaps 30-40% of the yield this year for us was the result of soil moisture from last fall's rains.
                        As crazy as my willingness to take rain right now may drive some of you, we are kinda tapped out again. Soil moisture reserves are no better than last fall for us. This is getting old. I am also putting in a request for a spring seeding rain delay. Constant, and at times intense, net drying from the time the drill gets in the field until we're done, and waiting for the first decent rain, is also getting old...hoping for proper germination and emergence.

I have to say it again, "wouldn't it be nice if it didn't matter"?

Comment

Originally posted by westernvicki View Post
                          Our forecast is bad in the NW until end of September.
                          Very little done here except peas and the odd early field of cereal or canola.

The crop is fairly heavy, we have reasonable rain, it was early in July from the heat, but maturity stopped with the smoke and the crop just did not mature.

Going to need a nice October, November.

Sounds exactly like us west of Edmonton except the crop is about 2/3 of normal due to a dry spring and summer. Been snowing some every day since Tuesday and looks to keep coming. Doesn’t seem like we got a killing frost yet since it’s been snowing every time it dips below freezing. Got some late oats that we were planning on grazing already but it’s too muddy and I’ll have check the nitrates as well. The crops are now going down as well just to make sure we get to use our new to us swather lots.

Cows are handling it well although I’d like to get the calves vaccinated before pneumonia shows up. Forecast keeps getting worse as it moves along.

Comment

I like that.
                            The way some guys are going on about it around here you would think it is the very first time in history it ever happend.
                            Just buy a couple more combines at the Ritchie brothers Oct sale and “send it”.
                            If it doesnt get picked up before winter, do it in the spring.

Comment

Not be much harvesting done next week if this pans out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 7.21.09 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	766710

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...