• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best heavy disk

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best heavy disk

Looking for a disk whisek looks alright? Or kello ?

We have a versatile..made by who ever.works awesome.

Comment

You get knotched blades?

Comment

Versatile is eeze on, better disks out there, some kello are oil bath bearings, some not, lots of options.

Comment

Protill

Comment

A better question is how big and what are you using it for, big difference from breaking stumps to stubble.

Comment

Cat tails and ruts we have rocks to maybe 30 feet.

Comment

For that i would look at anything with a 26 inch blade 11 inch spacing in good shape in your budget.

Comment

Wishek is really too heavy duty unless you are breaking heavy pasture or reclaiming bush land

The high speed disk does wonders on the ruts

Comment

The wishek Is all sealed greaseless bearings...built to last for sure

Comment

Rome 🤑

Comment

Ours is a 18ft.

Comment

I think discs are stupid expensive for what's there. We inquired about a couple new ones sitting on the local dealer's lot. Both Sunflower, 36 ft was about 83K and the 24 ft was 58K. No real technology built into discs, why so expensive? Smooth front and rear blades. Sealed trunion bearings on C cushion springs. Hydraulic auto leveling so whether you're discing shallow or deep front to back is level. Outer wing front gauge wheel to prevent gouging. With what we have to do I don't know if we could ever wear it out. No deal for good used either...the price of new holds up good used discs. The real peace of mind for me would be to have one hooked up on standby in the field we're harvesting in case of fire. In alot of straw or real hard dry ground a cultivator would almost be useless

Comment

Bought a Wishek tandem disc this year. Definitely overkill for what you are doing. But if you want wide and really heavy, there aren't a lot of other choices.

So far, I have proven that they aren't indestructible. Broke one shaft, one half spool, some blades, replaced 3 bearings.

On the positive, the frame is indestructible. Every moving part is greaseable, including bearings, bearings are cheap compared to oil bath. It has enough weight to cut through anything, even rocks and stumps, but that much weight on one blade over an obstacle doesn't end well, see above...

Comment

I have a 22’ Wishek 842NT for sale with 29.25” blades (new is 30”) front and rear in the Peace. I just want to get a bigger one now (bought a larger tractor earlier this year). Has only ever been used on heavy sod.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...