• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke cleared ... brrrrr

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke cleared ... brrrrr

Finally clear skies this morning...... plus 2😬😬😬 dropped a lot from 4 am

Furrow

Should I start worrying about my soybeans?????

Comment

Well not enough for 3 replies lol

Comment

Oh , for some reason it showed three identical replies at once on my phone lol

Comment

Not yet as far as beans , but it was close here .
          Light frost in ditch grass but beans just wet here ...
          here is a picture of the 0007 Pioneer beans .

Comment

The beans have to make er past Aug 26 ish full moon , then should be ok . Time will tell

Comment

You are right ..it did show 3 replies....something glitched this morning and I deleted the extras....sorry ...I wasn't panicked just wondering if cooler weather helps them or hinders them to maturity...

That first week of August rain didn't show up to finish them nicely so I guess I take what comes.

If they yield like I think ...peas and lentils are off the rotation next year....

Learnt a few more things this year about them ...mostly from the volunteers that showed up....

Maybe seeding earlier is an option????

Comment

I would not give up on them yet . We missed all Aug rain so far other than 2/10.
                They are still filling but very slow as soil moisture all but gone now.
                Unless you can blacken soil and warm it up without losing to much seed bed moisture, I would not seed too early . Need at least plus 8 soil temp and no cold weather/ rain at least 48-72 hrs after seeding . That cold shock will hit end yield a lot.
                What volunteers ? Canola ?

Comment

I have volunteer soybeans in my lentils ...but they were out just after the lentils ...and the soybeans nodulated nicely there as well...not so good for a companion crop though..lol

Flax makes for an nice crop following soybeans ...can eliminate the soybeans fairly easily in crop ...

Two things above learned this year ...The nice thing about soybeans is it gives another crop in the rotation...money maker ...who knows.

Comment

Never had vol soybeans yet in the past 3 years , interesting.
                    With advances in varieties, soybeans will be a decent crop in most areas .
                    We are replacing 1/2 our pea acres going forward.

Comment

dont seed beans in cold damp soil.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                        dont seed beans in cold damp soil.
                        Off topic, but I will add, don't seed corn in cold wet soil. Tried that this year. Can't believe how fussy it is, or how long it took to all come up.

Comment

bucket, I also have volunteer soybeans, but, in my HRS wheat. Little fall rain in 2017, and little rain preplanting. They didn't germinate till we had the bigger rains at the start of June. I'm pleasantly surprised at the amount of nodulation on those volunteers, hope they provide a protein boost to my wheat, although this year that might be a bad thing. They are short enough to straight cut over. Plan to preharvest with just Glyphosate, so they can keep growing. We'll see how this works out.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...
                          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.