• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reports

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reports

I notice there is weekly reports by Saskag and of course SF3...

BUT where are the weekly sales reports from graincos....they do it in the open market of the US.

Where are the weekly vessel reports?

We give for free a accurate snapshot of our business yet no one else is required to....

Open Market on information?????

Thanks to those who whispered in Gerry Ritz's ear and forgot the simplest of due diligence for our industry...

Good thing our Saskpulse group tied themselves to the same group of buffoons at the grain Growers Canada...

Certainly not as much as there is in the US. We don't get the data flashes of new sales but there is some info.

https://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/statistics-statistiques/ecgwf-egcfb/ecgm-megc-eng.htm

You can see all exports out of Canada, by commodity per month, compared to prior years and what country it went to. It's about 6 weeks behind real time, however it is a government report and they aren't really designed on efficiency.

http://www.grainmonitor.ca/

Quorum has a bunch of reports on rail movement as well, weekly and monthly. Helpful links if you want to sit down and dig into where things are going.

Comment

Quorum what a ****ing joke....last fall said railways wtere moving grain adequately then admitted later the railways had challenges.....

Shouldn't have to dig for **** all....there's a ag report every week on the radio compliments of the government....same should be done for grain cos and railways....if it's in fact an open market...

Comment

Originally posted by Agvocate View Post
        Certainly not as much as there is in the US. We don't get the data flashes of new sales but there is some info.

https://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/statistics-statistiques/ecgwf-egcfb/ecgm-megc-eng.htm

You can see all exports out of Canada, by commodity per month, compared to prior years and what country it went to. It's about 6 weeks behind real time, however it is a government report and they aren't really designed on efficiency.

http://www.grainmonitor.ca/

Quorum has a bunch of reports on rail movement as well, weekly and monthly. Helpful links if you want to sit down and dig into where things are going.

Hey! Bucket doesn't want any information or help here. He wants to complain! Get out of here with your useful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by farmboy44 View Post
          Hey! Bucket doesn't want any information or help here. He wants to complain! Get out of here with your useful reply.
          How about we give the august 1st weekly report in November then....would that be a reasonable suggestion.....

If it's a complaint I guess it's being negative.....no sense in presenting reality....
          Last edited by bucket; Aug 17, 2018, 17:50.

Comment

If you want sunshine and lollipops reporting.....carry on...

Besides....everything I stated was factual...
            Last edited by bucket; Aug 17, 2018, 17:56.

Comment

So Bucket, what are you going to do with all this data? Personally, I'm already on data overload and I don't see how the reports you want would add any value to what we do on our farm.

Also, canola, flax, oats etc have been open market before wheat. Did you call for reports then? If you do what value were you going to get?

Even if you had these reports you wouldn't be able to do anything about what they say. The grain trade beyond your truck tailgate is out of your circle of influence.

Comment

Good then ....the government can quit funding quorum and the weekly crop reports....less information is better for the industry....because the industry loves the tailgate reports here...
                Last edited by bucket; Aug 17, 2018, 18:37.

Comment

I read one of those reports that said it's all great so o phoned the terminal and asked since everything is moving according to this report why isn't my contract being called in. The reply was you can wipe your ass with those reports.
                  So I did I printed one off and wiped my ass and it didn't even do a good job of that. So I hate to say it but those reports a really shitty to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                    I read one of those reports that said it's all great so o phoned the terminal and asked since everything is moving according to this report why isn't my contract being called in. The reply was you can wipe your ass with those reports.
                    So I did I printed one off and wiped my ass and it didn't even do a good job of that. So I hate to say it but those reports a really shitty to work with.

Exactly ...if Quorum was doing their job they would be doing trend line yields and movement and someone would be using those reports to build infrastructure to handle more grain, potash, oil by rail...

The problems are no one correlates the reports of all the industries to build a plan for the future...vision...

Building an infrastructure plan based on future growth can be affordable to the country and to the economy if done right....

Nothing shows Canada's politicians or industry is thinking forward to lay out that plan....

So call it complaining but that facts speak very loud and silence speaks louder that nothing is being done...

I don't get paid to spell out every detail but there are people getting paid very well to do just that...

My taxes earn me the right to express an opinion, fact, or if you want to call it complaining...so be it....but.....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.