• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Wheat" The Sleeping Giant. But Canadians Will be left out.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Wheat" The Sleeping Giant. But Canadians Will be left out.

Some morning headlines around the globe.

Alberta Crop Conditions Continue to Decline
    Provincial crop condition ratings declined a further 3 percentage points on the week, according to Alberta Agriculture in its weekly crop condition report, released Friday afternoon, says a story from Syngenta.

World wheat is ending a long streak of rising production with a bang, says a story from Syngenta.
    The USDA is behind the curve on the downward revisions already reported by private companies and European statistical agencies, but on Friday even the USDA slashed its global wheat production estimates.

After a scorching summer fried wheat crops across the EU, the bloc is set to lose its position as the world’s third-largest exporter as Canada usurps the title, according to the USDA. The agency Friday cut its outlook for EU wheat exports by 16% to a six-year low.

Drought and heat continue to pound Germany’s crops and analysts now expect the lightest harvest in 24 years, the association of German farm co-operatives DRV said in an Aug. 8 harvest report. The harvest for all grains is expected to decline to about 36.3 million tonnes, a 20.3% fall and the smallest grain harvest
    since 1994, the association reported.

Now supposedly Ukraine has grown just about what the USDA said they would but still below by just a smidgen.

So will the elevators give us what the world price is or play a game and drop bids do to some excuse so they make the extra 2.00 and we supply production.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1404.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	778107

You have two choices, take what is offered or leave it....and hold out for more. Storage is your friend, right bucket!

Comment

Oh, I agree this notion of farmers needing to move grain in fall because of storage issues is a total crock of shit. Drop a bag is easy or just drop on the ground if it's that big.

Later sellers will do real good this year unless our leader screws up some other trade deal and were blackballed worldwide.

That's possible when you think how idiotic he really is.

Comment

For various reasons not everyone can dig in their heels, or wants to. Everyone has to manage their business according their specific situation.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
          Oh, I agree this notion of farmers needing to move grain in fall because of storage issues is a total crock of shit. Drop a bag is easy or just drop on the ground if it's that big.

Later sellers will do real good this year unless our leader screws up some other trade deal and were blackballed worldwide.

That's possible when you think how idiotic he really is.
          Someone pls tell the MGEX. Grrr

Comment

I agree but when you have bullshit crop reports from useless fools who pick and choose which farms they are going to stop it and then advertise the crop is massively bigger than last year. It affects what we farmers get.

That is the problem in Boy scout Canada every one else gets their fair share farmers to get screwed.

I for one don't have the crop we had last year. Most who had a huge crop last year will not top their yield by way more bushels.

It is made up to drive prices lower.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
              I agree but when you have bullshit crop reports from useless fools who pick and choose which farms they are going to stop it and then advertise the crop is massively bigger than last year. It affects what we farmers get.

That is the problem in Boy scout Canada every one else gets their fair share farmers to get screwed.

I for one don't have the crop we had last year. Most who had a huge crop last year will not top their yield by way more bushels.

It is made up to drive prices lower.
              Keep posting your 61.5 bu wheat crop coming and the prices should improve. With a number like the trade will assume things aren’t all that bad. You don’t know who is on this site watching for any info to drive prices down further. Why anyone posts numbers is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                Keep posting your 61.5 bu wheat crop coming and the prices should improve. With a number like the trade will assume things aren’t all that bad. You don’t know who is on this site watching for any info to drive prices down further. Why anyone posts numbers is beyond me.
                I will stand behind my numbers... lol
                All crops will be down 10-20% over last year - easily

Comment

He can’t help it bigzee. True colours always shine through. He’s been at it for years. I do applaud his effort on the doom and gloom to turn prices higher. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
                    He can’t help it bigzee. True colours always shine through. He’s been at it for years. I do applaud his effort on the doom and gloom to turn prices higher. Lol
                    I get sick and tired of the whole thing!! Complain, complain, and complain some more. It takes four good rains to make a crop in some cases I will agree with him and that doesn’t happen to many times. But to say “missed the exhibition rain”, but still posts a 61.5 bu HRS coming sorry I don’t feel for you poor thing. There are a lot out there that have missed everything not just one!!
                    Oh well he will soon be posting from Florida and Hawaii about the yaught he bought with his 61 bu crop. Time for a reality check for some.

Comment

Meh. Already got my ‘19 and ‘20 SRW sold for the best price I’ve seen in a long time. Now to get a crop

Comment

Originally posted by dalek View Post
                        Meh. Already got my ‘19 and ‘20 SRW sold for the best price I’ve seen in a long time. Now to get a crop
                        Did you use futures and options for 2019 and 2020?

Or did you sign production contracts?

Comment

Asked a grainco marketing rep for a price for september 2019 on wheat , they said they don't go out that far.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                            Asked a grainco marketing rep for a price for september 2019 on wheat , they said they don't go out that far.
                            They won’t go 13 months out?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              You need to check other cos, there are mainline companies with basis or to Dec 19. The basis is fugly but it's there. Personally.... I'm bearish CAD that far out, and uber bullish futures. It just needs to cook. Patience and use basis as the sell signal as it's intended. No need to "put out" on the first date, that far out. That's for long term tops
                              Last edited by macdon02; Aug 13, 2018, 23:12.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.