• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain trough ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain trough ...

Very frustrating to watch again , overall pattern has not changed since early June with the exception of two shots that strayed east a bit.
    Soybeans and Blackbeans need er bad , sucks to not only watch it on radar , but watch it and hear it from deck , time and time again ....

furrow

You should start lobbying the potential new ag minister you mentioned in another thread for some of dat der irrigation....

Comment

Lol , with the cost of any project now , it would take 100 years for financial pay back . And we are only 7 miles from the river .
      Also may only pay 50% of the time , so that pushes the time line out 200 years
      I am not in that much of a panic to lobby anyone lol.
      It’s ok Bucket I have not seen or talked to Warren in over 20 years ..... he is not on my speed dial lol

Comment

I am glad you can recognize the taxpayer cost of that type of project....you should see the looks I get in public when I ask..""when are you guys going to get off the tit...""""

or my favourite..." how do justify spend 70 million dollars to benefit 30 farmers while ignoring 25000 dryland farmers..." I like the deer in the headlight looks....

Comment

Lol , every farmer outside the irrigation district should understand that . Tax payers subsidized every one of those projects to help a few .

Comment

Here is the bigger problem....guys will spend 150000 dollars to put up a pivot....government will spend 750000 per quarter to get the water there in the form of a pipeline.....all good right????

To the dummy politician lurker reading this ask yourself this....would you spend close to 900000 dollars per quarter to get 20 bpa yields....thats all you are gaining is the yield spread...

better question is if it so effective why are guys growing dryland crops under irrigation?

In 2016 ...3500 acres of 10000 acres of irrigated land in my neighbourhood was seeded to lentils. Some Pivots didn't start...is that a wise use of government subsidized projects..

There is a can of worms opened....fire away.

Comment

How's this...a guy here sets up a pivot on a quarter using a "marsh" as a water supply. Word has it he might be having "grant" trouble. No water...LOL.

I guess that's what happens when you were an RM Councillor(and ran for Reeve twice), one of APAS's Vices, President of the poorly presented underhanded C&D that he single handedly got established.....so much smarter than everyone else!!!!....see a pattern?

If one dollar of my tax dollars subsidizes that white elephant it's one too many.

Comment

How about guy that has spent his own money developing out of a natural lake to be threatened by WSA to put the lake back to natural conditions even though no one knows what that is?

Before DU showed up everything was OK. ..now 30 years later no one recognizes the effort prior to them showing up....

In other words DU can **** up a lot of things that PFRA had engineered very well.. ...
                Last edited by bucket; Aug 12, 2018, 09:53.

Comment

Locally

"Spend his own money"....

If only his money was at risk would have he went ahead with the project?
                  Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 12, 2018, 09:33.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    "Spend his own money"....

If only his money was at risk would have he went ahead with the project?
                    sorry I was referencing another project that had only individuals money at risk...

Those are the projects that should be given support ...where an individual is willing to risk his money by starting it on his own as opposed to always starting by applying for funding first.

Comment

Yea like It’s going To rain!

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                        It did , west of us , and it is east of us .
                        Been watching radar and seeing it for myself off and on since 5 am .

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                          I don't think there's enough humidity here for the advancing cold front to condense out of the atmosphere....unless it brings it's own.

If it did bring its own our previously parched atmosphere is probably absorbing it.
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 12, 2018, 15:51.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            I don't think there's enough humidity here for the advancing cold front to condense out of the atmosphere....unless it brings it's own.

If it did bring its own our previously parched atmosphere is probably absorbing it.
                            It was weird here this morning 22C and 90% humidity at 8am, took a while for the sun to finally burn through the humidity, it was almost like a dense fog. Then for a few minutes before the sun won out the fog was coming in waves, blowing in from the south. Got to 37C around 2pm where its stayed.

Quite the change in Alberta by all accounts. The old frost pocket where I lived hit a crazy high of 35.1C on Friday - very rarely did we get to 30C there. Today it's 11C at 4pm, low forecast for tonight is 3C. Now that's more like the weather I'm familiar with at that location!

Comment

In about 1991, we were combining lentilsin August with temps hitting 100F, I had to make a trip to Yorkton that night. When I returned 2 days later, the crops froze with minus 5 showing on our recording thermometer. What a swing! Those harvested lentils were the only good lentils in the districtthat year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.