• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Aluminum Foil

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the Aluminum Foil

We bbq alot in the summer time, probably 6 days a week. We love our vegy trays with dill and butter but aluminum has been linked to Alzheimer's and is not safe to cook with. Wife had an ole set of cast iron pans passed down from her grandma. Gave it a try on the bbq absolutely love it! Nothing sticks to it, flavor is great, and clean up is easy with hot water and a steel scrub. Plus we all get a healthy dose of iron.
    Nothin better than cookin on cast iron over hardwood pellets.

Looks really good and wish I was close hahaha. My favorite cooking appliance is the cast iron fry pan that's been here as long as I can remember.

Comment

Biglentil, I think I can smell it cooking... Wind is from the west Northwest.

What about canned beer and pop.
      Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 16, 2018, 18:39.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Biglentil, I think I can smell it cooking... Wind is from the west Northwest.

What about canned beer and pop.
        Your either smelling my bbq or its the huts chicken barns:-). I like to think canned beer is safe!
        Last edited by biglentil; Jul 16, 2018, 19:40.

Comment

I think our pans might be the same.

Comment

We have some of those black old pans we use on a three burner camp stove set up just off the back deck. We got it at Costco.

https://www.costco.ca/Camp-Chef-Denali-Pro-3x-Triple-Burner-Camp-Stove.product.100250906.html

They are the best for doing a nice thick steak crusted on the outside but a true med rare inside.

You can have the pan smoking in about 2 min, drop the steak in and just keep tuning it so it doesn't get too crusty.

With a little practice with the heat you can have one of those steaks you pay $65 for in Vegas in less than 5 min at home.

Kind of sours you on the fancy restaurants.

We have a 1/2 Beef waiting to get picked up at the Butcher.

Can't wait to try that first rib steak. Best thing about raising beef!

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
              We have some of those black old pans we use on a three burner camp stove set up just off the back deck. We got it at Costco.

https://www.costco.ca/Camp-Chef-Denali-Pro-3x-Triple-Burner-Camp-Stove.product.100250906.html

They are the best for doing a nice thick steak crusted on the outside but a true med rare inside.

You can have the pan smoking in about 2 min, drop the steak in and just keep tuning it so it doesn't get too crusty.

With a little practice with the heat you can have one of those steaks you pay $65 for in Vegas in less than 5 min at home.

Kind of sours you on the fancy restaurants.

We have a 1/2 Beef waiting to get picked up at the Butcher.

Can't wait to try that first rib steak. Best thing about raising beef!
              I got the same. It's Cadillac for steak.

Comment

Wouldn't a steak be better grilled than pan fried?

A funny story....our bachelor neighbor had a steak out for supper and his mother thought she'd do him a "favor" and have it cooked and ready for him when he got home from the field. His rendition of the story had her pan frying it so hard it curled and lifted the lid on the frying pan.... He tended to embellish his stories a bit but I do understand his mother(God rest her soul) was probably from an era that never knew how to properly cook a steak(RIP...lol...and a moment's silence for the murdered steak).

Comment

looks like a little foil on the top of those pans would be just the thing to seal in some of the moisture.

I wish i had a giant layer of foil for my crops for the week ahead....they are awefully thirsty

Comment

Bucket has a big roll of foil....snickering and 😏smirking.

Comment

I thought grilled would be better.... till I tried pan seared. Try it once. Depends on thickness for time but used a thermometer first time. All sorts of directions on Google. Not sure I'd grill again if I have the option.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        Wouldn't a steak be better grilled than pan fried?

A funny story....our bachelor neighbor had a steak out for supper and his mother thought she'd do him a "favor" and have it cooked and ready for him when he got home from the field. His rendition of the story had her pan frying it so hard it curled and lifted the lid on the frying pan.... He tended to embellish his stories a bit but I do understand his mother(God rest her soul) was probably from an era that never knew how to properly cook a steak(RIP...lol...and a moment's silence for the murdered steak).
                        You could be talking about my mother. She was a Home Economics graduate from UC Davis, when that was still a thing. I never knew that a steak or a roast could be so good until I went out to work, mother still has one way of cooking a steak Well, Well Done. Eggs also weren't her forte, but boy can she cook anything else. I don't think my dad who just passed away in May at 84 knew there was such a thing as a medium rare steak until he was 60 LOL. That being said my wife is in England for 2 weeks so guess where I am going for lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
                          You could be talking about my mother. She was a Home Economics graduate from UC Davis, when that was still a thing. I never knew that a steak or a roast could be so good until I went out to work, mother still has one way of cooking a steak Well, Well Done. Eggs also weren't her forte, but boy can she cook anything else. I don't think my dad who just passed away in May at 84 knew there was such a thing as a medium rare steak until he was 60 LOL. That being said my wife is in England for 2 weeks so guess where I am going for lunch.
                          I’m not too fond of pink steak. I like green eggs and ham better. L0L No seriously, one of my favourite food memories is of a fresh unfrozen prime rib grilled on a hot-hot barbecue with baked potatoe, but no one has offered me one off the cast iron skillet - yet.

Comment

We like cast iron too, at home on the bbq or campfire. I always think the same thing that the iron is good for you but for some reason the "health food" stores and crowd advise against using cart iron, not really sure why. Maybe it's the butter, meat and spices that wind up in them that's the problem for them.

Aluminum has been linked to Alzheimer's, teflon is bad for you too, all the nonstick stuff sure is nice to clean but health risks are there too especially when it starts flaking off into your food.

My steak needs to be well done and it can be and still be tender but it's a fine line for sure. Any one that likes to eat rare meat needs to follow the entire process from hoof to plate, I always am amazed how few meat related health issues there are. Especially in the states where it's common to eat pink ground beef, lots of burgers ordered that way.

Comment

Push in australia to ban plastic straws for health reasons and litter.

Understand the logic for adults not using them but not sure how it would go with toddlers etc.

Swing here to away from cans/aliminium as well

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.