• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember Cryoptocurrency

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember Cryoptocurrency

Today Quadriga, the biggest BC crypto exchange applies for bankruptcy protection. Oh gee, seems the fearless leader has “died” in India, but unfortunately took the passwords with him to Cryptoheaven. Cryptocurrencies and undeveloped gold mines seem to repeat the same pattern. Remember the guy “jumping” out of the plane, something to do with Bre-ex?

I guess if you were able to exchange those bitcoins, after the run up, for something tangible there wouldn't have been anything wrong with that.

Just like poker, you gotta know when to hold em and fold em...I guess.

Comment

Cryptocurrency is not money. Bitcoin below cost of production most places now

Comment

"Bitcoin is a digital payment currency that utilizes cryptocurrency (a digital medium of exchange) and peer-to-peer (P2P) technology to create and manage monetary transactions as opposed to a central authority. The open source Bitcoin P2P network creates the bitcoins and manages all the bitcoin transactions."

I thought it was a cryptocurrency.

So Bitcoin is money and uses cryptocurrency platforms for exchange.

With e-transfers why is any of this necessary?
        Last edited by farmaholic; Feb 5, 2019, 11:40.

Comment

All I remember about Bitcoin was SK3 crying he missed the boat on investing in this Ponzi scheme as one of his relatives got in on it when Bitcoin ran up to $20,000.00 last year.

A fool and his money are soon parted!

Comment

Knowing when to fold em second most valuable lesson.

Comment

Yep, a smart guy would look at history and these schemes, dump and run for the hills. There’s so many scams. Like Bre-X after I mentioned it earlier, I googled Bre-X and the article pointed out that even though investors lost millions, the Canadian regulators did nothing to remedy the Canadian potential to scam. Guzman and a couple of other “geologists” bought gold from local panners and mixed the gold into their samples, ran their stock up and jumped ship, leaving investors shaking their heads. The potential to scam continues in Kanuckistan - now bitcoin too.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                Yep, a smart guy would look at history and these schemes, dump and run for the hills. There’s so many scams. Like Bre-X after I mentioned it earlier, I googled Bre-X and the article pointed out that even though investors lost millions, the Canadian regulators did nothing to remedy the Canadian potential to scam. Guzman and a couple of other “geologists” bought gold from local panners and mixed the gold into their samples, ran their stock up and jumped ship, leaving investors shaking their heads. The potential to scam continues in Kanuckistan - now bitcoin too.

Not the same but a lot of money to be lost in POT stocks over the next 24 months i think also

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/canada-many-pot-companies-expect-short-attacks-canaccord-analyst-222854018.html

Comment

I don’t understand how it works with these digital currencies and the ledger but transactions have shown up after his “death” from this cold wallets. According to the inner web.

Iceman

Comment

Originally posted by FertaCloud View Post
                    Not the same but a lot of money to be lost in POT stocks over the next 24 months i think also

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/canada-many-pot-companies-expect-short-attacks-canaccord-analyst-222854018.html
                    I think you might be right, however everytime a new jurisdictions legalizes it breathes new life into the sector.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                      For every scam there is a huge success story. For your bre x example there are dozens if not hundreds of miners that have made their investors very wealthy. It's very important to look at the team behind the company. Have they had success in the past, are they investing their own money, is their compensation reasonable?

The ones that never trust get left in the dust.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                        For every scam there is a huge success story. For your bre x example there are dozens if not hundreds of miners that have made their investors very wealthy. It's very important to look at the team behind the company. Have they had success in the past, are they investing their own money, is their compensation reasonable?

The ones that never trust get left in the dust.
                        Now now biglentil, show a little respect!

Re investments, You don't have to ride the garbage truck all the way to the dump, jump off any time!

And then there's these stories, ringing so true!

I realize there is risk in self directed savings like there is in "paying" someone to "monitor" your investments, what a ****ing scam! Now there is the ETF(exchange traded fund) model.
                        TIME TO GET RID OF SOME PARASITES

Should have bought farmland and Regina housing 15 years ago.

I may not buy "paper bins" but I sure do have paper "assets". Let's get "real"!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.