• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ritchie brothers land rent auction

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, ok... i'll tell that to the guys we haul grain for up there.

Also, you're forgetting about the dairies up there... One I know rented a bunch of this ground so they can spread manure on it....

Feel free to disprove me :P

Comment

That Blain Lake area has been very good the past ten years. Very productive soil - in areas. Not bothered much by the drought in 2001 - 2003.
      I am just woundering about the risk factor at those numbers . How is that factored in when Sask crop Ins levels are generally not even close to the coverage needed ?
      Or does it matter ?
      Hearing $120/AC just south east of here this fall .
      I guess as I get older my risk tolerance is fading.
      But I also was bold in the late 90's , then 2000-2004 was a train wreck. Maybe too conservative now lol
      It will be interesting to hear the stories from the "lentil belt" this winter. Last year drought , this year flooded out. Some guys less than 20% normal production over the time in an area where land rents and values have skyrocketed the past 8 years as well. Maybe all will be fine.

Comment

thats the thing. crop insurance does not factor in. the btos around hear dont carry crop insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
          Ya, ok... i'll tell that to the guys we haul grain for up there.

Also, you're forgetting about the dairies up there... One I know rented a bunch of this ground so they can spread manure on it....

Feel free to disprove me :P
          Well I'm not sure but the two guys that I know of that rented 4 and 3 respectively don't have dairy farms. Just normal grain outfits.

Comment

i can see a might break even or lose money as a reason to buy land .
            but renting it. that is a different story.
            they must figure 50 bushel canola or 14 $ canola every year.
            good for them if they can do it.

we are not there yet, here
            i can see 350$-400 cash inputs including the 150 rent
            plus if you already own the hardware to do it. maybe there is still room for profit for those guys.

i have been wrong all along, drought has not happened , and inflation keeps going,

and the last time it crashed, they got bailed out, their sons bought it back for 50
            cents on the dollar.
            or
            the son paid big bucks , the father pocketed the money, then when the son went under ,
            fcc sold back to the son for 1/2 the original price.
            and the son still ended up with pa's money.

the fools were the prudent ones, that made their payments
            Last edited by sawfly1; Dec 7, 2016, 23:41.

Comment

Hobbyfarm summed it up to a T , that's the school of thought driving a lot of farms now . Good , bad or otherwise some farms are doing quite well on those numbers . Agree or disagree it's happening.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...