• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Year in review: hearing hard truths about First Nations farmers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    That is the really unfortunate part. FAS is a huge hurdle to even attempt to overcome. No amount of money or opportunity or apologies is ever going to right that wrong.
    And trying to hold me and my ancestors responsible for the actions of the current generations isn't going to help.
    Breaking that vicious cycle would probably be the most productive step possible. And I don't profess to know how that could be accomplished. Especially if Chuck etc al continue to be violently against anything related to personal responsibility.
    I could add. He was from a different culture. Overseas. But it didn't come with a members only card.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      Finally someone who agreed first nations got a shitty deal! We are making progress. At least you didn't agree with "personal responsibility" is the only issue BS.

Whats wrong with having the discussion about how many people don't really know the history of what happened nor do they know the current issues that are still making it difficult for first nations to succeed?

Without that discussion its hard to move to forward with solutions with people who's first thought is to blame first nations for all their problems.

Its a shared responsibility.
      Sharing is not a one way street.
      I don't see anyone in the middle on this actually.

Comment

That is the really unfortunate part. FAS is a huge hurdle to even attempt to overcome. No amount of money or opportunity or apologies is ever going to right that wrong.
        And trying to hold me and my ancestors responsible for the actions of the current generations isn't going to help.
        Breaking that vicious cycle would probably be the most productive step possible. And I don't profess to know how that could be accomplished. Especially if Chuck etc al continue to be violently against anything related to personal responsibility.
        FAS is insidious and papas sperm if he’s drunk supposedly contributes as well. Oh no! Wonder how pronounced FAS is in the Russians especially Siberia. Sensible undamaged people are known to make poor decisions let alone FAS affected. Read a stat that 85% of native gang members were FAS affected. Perfect foot soldiers for the Posse and related gangs. Local rez has been dry forever. We kept cows on rez and not far off as well. Lots of party sites back in the bush. Elders and well meaning folks try but families have trouble keeping kids away from gangs. Same Rez though dry is bad for drugs and murders. One instance guy was bumped off on the road off the Rez they cut off his face and smeared on his windshield. Don’t get me wrong a lot of folks work off Rez or on the Rez in the patch. Lots of employment opportunities. They’re trying but between gangs, drugs, and half corrupt leaders it’s tough. A lot of people send their kids to school in the city for a better education and less negative influences.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
          A lot of people send their kids to school in the city for a better education and less negative influences.
          Didn't some well meaning educators try something like that in the past too?

Comment

More exaggeration? LOL Do you understand what shared responsibility means? It includes personal responsibility.

Many of the problems are current issues.

And we already know that many people blame first nations for all their problems denying the situation many first nations experienced.

But then forget about the things we heard and experienced when Gerald Stanley shot and killed Colton Boushie. It was blatant racism.

Even the Premier had to warn that a lot of the racism crossed the line.

So we all share some responsibility for the problems and current state of affairs even though many on the right would like to deflect, dismiss and deny.

Comment

you still have not told us what will fix everything for them
              Last edited by cropgrower; Jan 15, 2023, 09:13.

Comment

First thing stop the racism and denial. And there is nothing or no one that will fix everything.

First nations have many of the solutions themselves. Are you listening to them and do you support them?

Comment

everybody is equal to me , and you have no right to call me rasist , i dont care what colour sombodys skin is , live within the law and make a living by honest means , i wish them all the best

Comment

CG, as you can see, nothing starts with a solution with a marxist lunatic like chuck until you denounce yourself, admit you are a racist and deplorable human being and that you and all your family continue to commit genocide on a global scale.

So basically conversation over before it begins.

Good luck on your woke crusade chuck. You are on your own. Take it up with the govt not us. But private land stays private and reparations are not happening if thats what you are angling for. Govt owns 89% of the land in canada. Let them give a few million km2 back first.
                    Last edited by jazz; Jan 15, 2023, 10:22.

Comment

Yeah our friend comes here with an agenda. There is little discussion except defending his point or when you agree he finds more ways to scold people. I know some just like him in fact I think he knows them quite well and they are of the same ilk. Just looking for the next cause to throw themselves at to stroke their hero complex or differentiate themselves from all the pillocks. Like a JW getting hero points for every door closed in their face it only fuels their desire to push whatever narrative they support until people are forced to believe.

Comment

yes if we are white we are rasist , our skin colour is all it takes

Comment

Are you guys saying racism doesnt exist or have a negative impact on the lives of many people?

And I didn't call anyone specific a racist, so why are you so sensitive to what is a well known issue?

More denial and deflection? Because you don't want to admit racism is real?

You asked for solutions but when I suggested one that involves all of us you don't agree.

Personal and systemic racism exists against first nations. What are you going to do to reduce racism?

Comment

notting because as i said before everybody is equal to me , what about all the hate and name calling that has been hurled at them that decided not to take useless jab ? and you crapchuck have been forefront at that , is one type of hate OK and another not ?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FmX3bT0aUAEGOVy.jpeg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	774375

Comment

I guess you think there is no racism against fisrt nations or people of colour then? LOL

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.