• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Year in review: hearing hard truths about First Nations farmers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These people must have been at your place yesterday Chuck.
    You have a very clear view of what is going on out at the rez.
    But maybe viewed from a long ways away.
    More the big picture?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20230102_172006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	774361

Comment

[QUOTE=chuckChuck;557679]Easy to say Tom because you probably had all the privilege of growing up in a stable family, with a good home, education and a supportive successful community that didn't have as many social problems to overcome.

Yes, you are right, we live what we are taught. There is a genuine will in the native community amongst some to live a good life and that should be supported. You just have to look around and see both good and bad in all communities. The other day I had to slip a poor white guy a nice Uk Xmas present cause he was so destitute. We do care about our fellow man but we can’t do everything for them. Our welfare system is there to look after unfortunates and some depend on that safety net. And that’s fine but some are striving to overcome the effects of their upbringing and that too must be supported. I’d rather support the natives who need help before others.

Comment

Its not just the history of mal treatment of fist nations, it's the current treatment and systemic racism as well.

But of course a lot of conservatives want to make it an issue of personal responsibilty and blame fisrt nations instead of accepting that we created a lot of the problems and continue to cause a lot of the problems.

Its a case of blaming the victim instead of admitting we were and are complicit as a society of mistreating first nations.

Comment

well i grew up in ireland , i am certainaly not to blame for anything that was done to the first nations folk here , in fact the irish folk had terrible things done to them also

Comment

Hiring natives to tin my barn roof is for sure “systemic racism”.

Comment

And the Irish did terrible things to themselves as well.

Look beyond your own experience and try to see the world from someone else perspective.

Its starts with understanding the history and current situation.

Comment

you dont have a clue what you are talking about

Comment

as did the natives (i.e. comanche)
                  Last edited by caseih; Jan 12, 2023, 09:22.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

Look beyond your own experience and try to see the world from someone else perspective.

Its starts with understanding the history and current situation.
                    It starts at home , no matter what nationality , race , whatever

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      It starts at home , no matter what nationality , race , whatever
                      Post of the year thus far.

Comment

Since no one here has a solution that is satisfactory to you Chuck why don’t you tell us your solution?
                        I don’t know why you started this? We all know the natives got a shitty deal and I am sure everyone on this site would change it if we could.
                        If you can’t offer any better solution then shut up!

Comment

Gee dad when i grow up i wanna be a doctor. Gee dad i wanna be a fireman. Gee dad i wanna be a millwright. Gee dad i wanna be a career criminal.

i have a good indigenous friend hes a truck driver hauls cattle his wife works. They own there own magnificent house and part of rodeo scene.

His son works in mining. His daugher just left school and she wants to become a lawyer for indigenous people. She just landed her first job as shop assistant in local chemist before she starts university.

Some how parents mind set is different and so are the kids.

They should be a case study.

Dad was in jail or juvenille detention at either 13 or 14

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
                            Gee dad when i grow up i wanna be a doctor. Gee dad i wanna be a fireman. Gee dad i wanna be a millwright. Gee dad i wanna be a career criminal.

i have a good indigenous friend hes a truck driver hauls cattle his wife works. They own there own magnificent house and part of rodeo scene.

His son works in mining. His daugher just left school and she wants to become a lawyer for indigenous people. She just landed her first job as shop assistant in local chemist before she starts university.

Some how parents mind set is different and so are the kids.

They should be a case study.

Dad was in jail or juvenille detention at either 13 or 14
                            There are many like that here as well , but they get shunned by their own .
                            Much like chuck shuns all those around him he deems more successful than him . It’s a mindset , they despise success of others .
                            Quite sad actually
                            Make your own path , and show your kids how to stay on that path , don’t let others drag you down

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                              Another overly simplistic uninformed view? LOL

Whats happening now on first nations is not history!
                              It’s funny when I mention history it has nothing to do with First Nations issues,but all you talk about is history in your last three or four posts kind of a hypocrite.

Comment

CC… the Reformation of economics for First Nations ,PM Harper started , was historically progressive….

PM Trudeau ended constructive economic and leadership reformation… yet I get the insinuation from you CC… that the Conservatives initiative was not genuine….???

Blessings and Salutations

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.