• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broadleaf control in durum just after 1st leaf

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadleaf control in durum just after 1st leaf

Anyone got a decent option for broadleaf weed control in durum on a field that beat me in the pre-emergant spray gamble I've been running this year? Infinity says one leaf to flag, but being in the brown soil zone with less than 2.5%OM, peas/lentils are a no go next year. Dicamba says 2 leaf, 24d is 4 leaf, mcpa is 3.

Looking to take out volunteer liberty link canola, group 2 resistant kochia, flixweed, and stinkweed mainly.

Ideas?

Crop stage and group 2 kochia takes a lot of options away.
    I dunno, maybe some Buctril M? 2 leaf.....

Comment

Thinking I might just have to in crop it next week, and do a second app later. Typically try to in crop it just before it shades out the ground to prevent a later flush coming.

Would hit it in the next couple days if I can find something that will be safe on 1 leaf.

Comment

At 1 leaf the best you can hope for is a partial fix.

Bromoxonil, Buctril m, refine. None will do the job you want 100%. Use good water volume helps.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
          At 1 leaf the best you can hope for is a partial fix.

Bromoxonil, Buctril m, refine. None will do the job you want 100%. Use good water volume helps.
          Soil temp is high, and 3 days of 80° makes things pop quickly! Plus a few breakdowns and next thing you know you're behind.

Comment

Butril or Dyvel (Not DS) has been my go to for this situation. Good spray conditions help too but it is almost getting too hot and dry for that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...