• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd Gun Grab

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Gun Grab

I am not a hunter or sport shooter so maybe someone can interpret this;

https://thegunblog.ca/2022/11/22/liberals-aim-to-ban-sks-and-all-other-semi-auto-centrefire-mag-fed-rifles-and-shotguns/

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    I am not a hunter or sport shooter so maybe someone can interpret this;

https://thegunblog.ca/2022/11/22/liberals-aim-to-ban-sks-and-all-other-semi-auto-centrefire-mag-fed-rifles-and-shotguns/
    At least the government doesn’t know where most of the SKS rifles are, I could never figure out why the AR-15 was banned, lots of more powerful rifles out there that are still legal, after all the government overreaching I wouldn’t imagine many will be turned in.

Comment

It is very clear that this government doesn’t want firearms in the hands of the average Canadian. The 2020 ban of numerous models and so called variants of firearms was not enough for the liberals, then the handgun import ban and transfer freeze felt so good to their egos they are now proposing a virtually total ban on semi auto firearms.
      This may seem totally logical to people who don’t own, want to own, have a need or use for a firearm. I could come to the same conclusion about another tool that society has adopted wholeheartedly, that tool is the cell phone. I don’t own, want to own, have a need or use for a Cell phone because of no service in this area. Distraction while using this tool contributes to untold death and injuries but ,but, but, it is not the same. Well dead is dead and you only die once!
      So very soon the ones with firearms will be government allowed organizations( police,military ) and criminals and we will all be safe because the average licensed firearms owner will be no longer in possession of firearms.

Comment

The Colt AR-15 and some of it's clones had been restricted, like a handgun for years.
        The total ban encompassed all it's variants. Along with many other semi auto styles. Mini-14 and M1A and clones for just one example.
        M1 carbines have always been restricted like a handgun because of barrel length. M1 Garands never because of a non removable magazine I suppose.
        That they are banning all semi autos was written on the wall since Oz and NZ did theirs.
        The 7.62x39 SKS is akin to a 30-30 for hunting purposes. It's popular because it is/was dirt cheap.
        This ban will take years and cost billions. Or will it????
        I know of RPALs whose renewal was sent in 6+ months before expiry not being received yet.
        Effectively placing all those owners in legal jeopardy of charges and immediate confiscation. Coincidence??????
        No one really cares. Until the same tactics are used for something you own.
        Personal bank accounts frozen during a protest???
        Gas cars? Herbicides? Wood stoves?
        A sarcastic LOL
        Last edited by blackpowder; Nov 22, 2022, 22:19.

Comment

So who is going to go door to door collecting them?
          I think it won't play well when they see who actually has gun collections.
          Mr Trudeau is not a popular guy among front line police of any group.
          Who would want that job?

Latest warning I saw recently was " Be carefull when picking up my guns as the barrel will be hot"

The only guns they got last time were a mix of junk and some great old heirlooms that widows brought in because they didn't know what they were worth.

Now they have a huge budget that will go to some pork barrel friend to chop them.

Gun collections have always been assets that appreciated.
          Question is will that value go up or down?

Rarity real or perceived always drives price.
          Last edited by shtferbrains; Nov 22, 2022, 23:01.

Comment

Don't know, but the valuable ones sure won't get chopped.

Comment

Meanwhile criminals will keep their guns and have a hay day on unprotected productive tax payers…

Comment

A recap on bill c-21

The Liberals with absolute support from the NDP and Bloc Quebecois, introduced an amendment to Bill C-21 that bans all centerfire semi-auto rifles and shotgu...
                Last edited by DaneG; Nov 23, 2022, 07:04.

Comment

We need the emergency measures act, to protect us from the government.

Comment

The vast majority of Canadians don't own guns and support tougher gun laws on handguns and assault rifles.

This issue works against the Conservatives in urban and suburban ridings that matter most in the next election.

After all the high profile mass murders in the US and Canada with many committed by "legal" gun owners who thinks they can win this argument suggesting that semi automatic assault rifles in the hands of anyone who wants one is a good idea?
                    Last edited by chuckChuck; Nov 24, 2022, 07:45.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

After all the high profile mass murders in the US and Canada with many committed by "legal" gun owners
                      Do you have stats to back that up?

Comment

His first two paragraphs are correct.
                        His third however uses misnomers and false assumptions as usual.
                        He still supports government control of our wheat sales. A factual discussion about rights to property and dangerous precedents is useless.

Comment

Nobody has the balls to go from farm to farm confiscating once legal firearms, nobody not anyone or anybody.

Comment

RCMP are overworked and under staffed, and pissed off with the Feds as it is. I’m no hunter but have the usual farmer guns for my needs. We were in the gun store today and the list of guns added onto this ban makes less sense than the assault rifle ban. They just want an excuse to ban all guns. Way it stands we’re screwed. Guys like Chuck will be lining up to be firearms inspectors going door to door confiscating guns. They narcissist rule followers with a deep ingrained hatred for their neighbours.

Comment

Those narcissistic pricks won’t have a long shelf life, most of us aren’t eating bugs, the only reason the government wants all the guns is they are planning something really ignorant and don’t want people to fight back, imagine, this is all in the name of safety.

The long gun registration this spring sold a record amount of guns and the hand gun restrictions this summer sold a record amount of hand guns, I wonder how the semiauto sales are going.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.