• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monday, Im positive we will get rain finally today!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wicked humidity, 95% all day. Is that elsewhere? 65% in house, muggy as hell. Humboldt getting hammered again.

Comment

We just east of u Fj and we got 1.3 in about 25 min. Coming again tonite. Overall since Friday any where from 2.6 to 4.5 on our dirt. Was needed but not so quick.

Comment

Humidity high here too, we have had fog all day, visibility 200 metres. No real rain today so far but forecasting 15 mm by morning. Don’t really end the rain yet, 5”” since May 1st. Been watching the radar and can see Humboldt getting more than it’s share of rain, they must be well over a foot by now.
        Last edited by Sodbuster; Jun 30, 2020, 20:40.

Comment

4.5" in Humboldt again today, streets flooded.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
            4.5" in Humboldt again today, streets flooded.
            Ouch!

I guess I won’t whine too much about my unneeded 3/4” today.

Hopefully Ma Nature gets back on her meds soon. 🍀

Comment

Total after all the rain events is wait for it.

6/10

first was a half and yesterday was 1/10 last night.

Yep, just enough rope so you don't hang your self and Keep feeding this crop.

Fun times.

Grateful we got something but just a little bit short of what we could have used.

1 inch was my goal rain total, Came up short by just a bit.

Comment

We were able to squeak about 8/10s out of this, took 3 days to get it so thats about as slow and gentle as you can get. But cool cloudy days and no wind this time so it stuck around. Canola starting to bolt now and patches filling in.

Comment

1.35 inches(34 mm) total here over the last 2 days, puts us at just under 8 inches(203.2 mm) since May 1.The countryside is green here. Early seeded canola is starting to bloom, mine not seeded as early is bolting. Wheat is in flag leaf. All of the potholes we seeded through in the spring are full of water. The little creeks in the field that normally only run in the spring are running now, we are moist.

Comment

Around here we measure rain in feet not inches. Have had 2.5 inches since last Saturday morning so we are now into the second foot since May 1. More water in the runs than spring runoff for the third time this season. Crop is done for. Oh well this is permanent next year country.

Comment

I guess I should clarify that I am very very happy to finally get rain. It has been a slow 6/10 over three days on and off and soaked in. Our ground is wet from the harvest from hell so roots were going down very far. This will soak in nice and will help tremendously. Layers will meet and should now be able to take a bit of July heat with hopes of a few more showers. Blocking pattern is in full force. Will it break down at harvest and give us what I don't want. Time will tell.

For those who are drowning in moisture that is what we had for 15 years continuous rain. Every cloud had an inch and you wore rubber boots as permanent work shoes. All pairs of Jeans had knees that were muddy from every time you touched the ground. Shallow Creek south of our farm ran every summer from spring till fall. Even had fish in it one spring from the valley I guess. Harvesting you parked on Grid and used a grain cart to get grain to the road. Some times travelling two miles across fields. Back roads were gone. Areas of farm you seeded you didn't get to harvest because they were surrounded by water. 10000 acres became 7200 the worst the year 2010. You seed full quarters in spring and harvest 120 acres on the flats in Fall. Ag stab asks why. Crap insurance at 70% coverage you lose 1/3 of your crop and still produce more than guarantee. Buy a very good couple of tow straps and clevis. Some for big equipment and some for swathers and semis and smaller. Finally, zero ****s given by anyone from the Fed or Prov gov. ITs just sunny ways.

Mud is a dud.

Comment

Finally caught 1/2 an inch here. The largest rain event of the year so far. The reseed canola is loonie size, needs to hurry going to need a long frost free fall. So do your part today and burn some 400 million year old fossil fuels today pls.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                          Mud is a dud.
                          Some of those years the early spring was not that wet. Little muddy putting it in but not a big deal, but just like clock work we would get a 3 incher about May 25 and it wouldn't stop.

All those low spots that you had put seed and fert into became swamps with 8 foot high cattails feeding off free N. And because the crop had already started in them, that became a yield claim instead of establishment so you still didn't get paid for the loss either.

We even stopped rolling some pulses for a few yrs. The flat land created a table top for the water to run off like a flash flood to the low spots. We keep the land a little rougher even now just in case that happens again cause it was hell trying to reclaim those acres.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...