• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FCL layoffs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FCL layoffs

Federated Co-operative Limited is issuing 100 "temporary" layoff notices.

Blaming it on Covid-19 slowing the economy and.the need to physical distance.

Ok.... Sure.

I feel for the guys who would have been satisfied working but forced to strike by Unifor.

Maybe Jerry Diaz can make everyone's mortgage payments

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Ok.... Sure.

I feel for the guys who would have been satisfied working but forced to strike by Unifor.

Well, like the old saying goes, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Unifor brass back in Ontario have job security so no worries 👍

Comment

Farma would you turn down a 12% income increase over 3 yrs? These braniacs did.

I dont feel sorry for them. This is likely a purge of the troublemakers.

Comment

Was the 12% over three years in exchange for changes to the pension plan.

How much employee coercion and propaganda was taking place by local and top union brass?

Comment

Ok.... Sure.

" Forced to strike" Are you kidding us! LMAO They were locked out by Federated! They would have accepted the mediators offer but Federated wouldn't. Try getting the facts straight you doofus.

Comment

These employees were sucked in by the union mentality, they thought they had all the power to bend Coop but the reality is they are just workers. Unifor still gets the union dues so they don't care, these employees should push back against uniform and keep the union dues for their pockets. Unions are just becoming a place to give a good chunk of your paycheck and don't actually do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
              " Forced to strike" Are you kidding us! LMAO They were locked out by Federated! They would have accepted the mediators offer but Federated wouldn't. Try getting the facts straight you doofus.
              The strike/lock-out started before the mediator was brought in.
              Can you say with certainty that in the early stages when contract negotiations were failing/failed that the union wasn't already taking job action and Federated needed to lock out employees for the safety and production of the refinery.

I wonder how much sympathy the Co-op gas-jockeys, and every other part time or even full time employees outside the confines of the upgrader have for the good salaries and gold plated pensions of the in scope employees of the refinery.

100 employees are going to feel more pain for taking luxury and entitlement for granted.

Comment

All I know is gas is at 99.9 cents a litre at the local coop posted on their digital sign....

That is crazy considering the recent price of oil....

It went from zero to 30 bucks a barrel and the price of fuel was ahead of the pace ....now on the downside it took weeks to drop...

Our local gave back 2.25 percent on fuel this year.....thinking they don't need the business.

Comment

The big unions are in their dying breaths. They had to all go under the unifor banner to stay relevent but that means thugs from Toronto and outright criminals like Dias and pandering idiots like Singh come to your picket line and ruin your cause, then they go home, and you still have to live in this community.

All the teachers and nurses signed quickie contracts as soon as the covid hit. You are not garunteed a job. Lesson learned.

Comment

I'm fairly confident the union held a strike vote before fcl even locked out the employees? The Majority (70% I think) wanted the strike, maybe you forgot about that chuck? And given the way this whole thing has played out i think fcl was right by locking out the employees/troublemakers a day before they were set to go to the picketline. Do you know how much damage could have been inflicted to process equipment, property or even life? Fuel and air make one hell of a giant bomb

Comment

they were going to strike so federated locked them out.Not a work enviroment you want unhappy people to be around.was a good .over to lock them out .

Comment

From what I hear 250 non-union people have been doing a better job than 700 unifor slackers.
                        Unifor is just there to collect dues and finance Skippys campaign, they are one of the groups killing this country.

(The NFU took the side of Unifor when blocking cardlock entrances from farmers and truckers getting diesel......this will explain the comments of the Agriville loons.)

Comment

I've seen the word "doofus" describing me repeated 4 times in this thread.
                          I'm beginning to believe....

Comment

I've seen the word "doofus" describing me repeated 4 times in this thread.
                            I'm beginning to believe....
                            The first step to recovery is admitting it.....lmao.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it Teflon, nothing sticks to you!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.