• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    I can’t get more than three dry days. Since I started cutting hay it rains every few days. I hate brown hay. Big storm last night, scared to check gage. Hay cut Monday would have been ready today.
    Hellish wind, 8/10" but sideways rain must be over an inch, a few small hail.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
      Hellish wind, 8/10" but sideways rain must be over an inch, a few small hail.
      Lake was calm as glass when I was trying to pick up the gross hay at about 7 pm. And hellish muggy. And then the clouds built, hellish clouds. And then the wind hit. I hardly got home in time. Hadn’t run so hard to get to the truck to stay dry before! Got some cool pics. If only I was not so 1950’s technically illiterate, I’d share them. The clouds, the lighting. It was intense.

Black poplars down in the yard. More work to do..

ETA. 1.25 inches. Look at my chest high barley, or wait a few days??? Ugh
      Last edited by Sheepwheat; Jul 31, 2020, 10:09.

Comment

Wow haven’t seen it hot like this for a long time. Actually have got hay up that had no rain on it. Going to cut greenfeed undersown to alfalfa and brome. Usually wait till oats are dough but going at milk cause weather window could close.

I wonder maybe even worry about canola with this heat. Especially later seeded stuff. Mines been flowering 3 weeks or more and starting to come out. However, lots of later seeded around you can see is getting pushed out faster. I imagine yield potential would be diminished some. Areas with less moisture I assume will see more adverse effects.

Comment

Just lovely after last night stupid wind.

Comment

Even wheat has a lean, canola flexible yet, standing fine.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	769989

Name:	007.jpg
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	769990

Another field missed crazy wind

Name:	013.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	769991
            Last edited by fjlip; Jul 31, 2020, 13:05.

Comment

Nipawin is the bridge.

Food got a little bit lighter Thursday the heat was tough on the crop.

Rain to the north and east of us but not at our place

Comment

Our best 320 acre field of wheat is filling nice this was sprayed with Ace. I’ll post others fields sprayed with prosario and carumba and nothing.

Our best 501 canola shutting down.

Hailed out shit week two bounce back

Comment

Name:	1F017B28-C92D-468A-97FB-43F18833054A.jpg
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	769997
                  Just about all the line fences look like this after that 150 mph tornado we had july 2

Comment

Lake life you see everything.

Lake is dropping very fast looks like last week on water for us with pontoon as have to back one ton that’s lifted 6 in to front doors and just got it on. Yes we were that family at the dock yesterday.

Zero big big rains north of lake this year so she is dropping

Comment

What lake?

Comment

We desiccated our peas over the last three nights.

Pretty dry here. The Department of Highways dug-out we get our water from has been down-graded to a Department of Highways slough.

Only they, with their infinite wisdom, would build a dugout on a hill away from any natural water course or alot of potential run-off.

Even dug-outs in the Ghetto are ghetto.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          We desiccated our peas over the last three nights.

Pretty dry here. The Department of Highways dug-out we get our water from has been down-graded to a Department of Highways slough.

Only they, with their infinite wisdom, would build a dugout on a hill away from any natural water course or alot of potential run-off.

Even dug-outs in the Ghetto are ghetto.
                          Actually not strange, better building dirt on a hill. They were after fill not building dugouts.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                            Actually not strange, better building dirt on a hill. They were after fill not building dugouts.
                            Yup. Probably drier and easier to work with. They wanted the clay for the road....not at all concerned about how.good.a dug-out they left behind.

Comment

Life is good , until ...

Drumheller, that cell went right through into NW Sask ... west of us
                              Farmin so easy lol

Comment

Yup , soooo easy

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.