• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I see it, compared to many or most growing areas, we have very few crop options as it is and only one growing season. As returns on production fail to keep up with input cost increases, we narrow our sites and risk less and less. But maybe we can start growing high-return vegetables with dug-out irrigation. Just ask Moe and Stewtart for their advice. 👎 I just saw a pie in the sky go by. 🙈

Comment

No 1durum is going for over $8. A 50 bu crop of that is higher return than canola. No seed costs. Gets up and out of the ground off winter moisture and dry at 14.5 vs 10.

Life might be a lot less stressful without canola and probably not even notice the difference in returns.

Comment

Sask you really should apply for the Sask Wanderer job next year. You seem to cover a lot of area annually

Comment

Thanks but sask in summer is great. Some things I discovered as a summer student 35 years ago. Went back with my boys.

Real reason for trip three tractors to see. One to buy two to find again and a old screaming GMC semi for a project truck

Comment

Why do we even have a Saskatchewan crop report put out by the government.

It was “all is great and everything is just sucky nothing to see here”

Drives me nuts.

Comment

Peas changing and way to fast

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                No 1durum is going for over $8. A 50 bu crop of that is higher return than canola. No seed costs. Gets up and out of the ground off winter moisture and dry at 14.5 vs 10.

Life might be a lot less stressful without canola and probably not even notice the difference in returns.
                #1 wheat? What is that?

Comment

You're looking for tractors Sask? I've got a mint 5020 with 10 hours on a complete inframe I might let go.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Tone View Post
                    #1 wheat? What is that?
                    Its purely aspirational

Comment

I booked some #2 or better CWAD for sept/oct at $8.25. Now I just have to actually harvest a 2 or better...

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                        Thanks but sask in summer is great. Some things I discovered as a summer student 35 years ago. Went back with my boys.

Real reason for trip three tractors to see. One to buy two to find again and a old screaming GMC semi for a project truck
                        Shoulda stopped at tobin for a cool one !

Comment

Yes, it is.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                            Seed costs are insane and farmers our own organizations and gov let it happen. I would love to know the profit companies make on seed. It would make most farmers cry.

Skippy needs to be investigated and thrown in jail along with any liberal who took part in this game.

Toronto Montreal and maritimes are the problem they love getting a check for free. We pay they play.

Just curious where that bridge is at? Quite unique looking.

Comment

Busy making hay here since summer decided to show up finally. The wildlife is enjoying it too.

Even saw a black bear that is camera shy. Planted 400 acres of hay that was 90% alfalfa and 10% Timothy but Ma Nature decided clover would be better. Going to chop most of it since it’ll be hard to dry and sell. Hopefully the alfalfa will fill in soon.

Started tedding at 5:30 am since it’s gotta catch up to the discbine. The A/C picked a convenient time to crater too.

Been busy loading out barley this week too. At least the flat bottoms are done which wasn’t much fun to do in the afternoons. Nice to finally turn it into some moolah.

Clouds are burning off, the morning thunderstorm passed south of us today, dew is off, and light breeze by 9 am and 20*c already. Today is looking up. Hopefully it sticks around for a while to get some bales rolled up and another pit filled.

Good luck everyone

Comment

I can’t get more than three dry days. Since I started cutting hay it rains every few days. I hate brown hay. Big storm last night, scared to check gage. Hay cut Monday would have been ready today.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...