• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark up on parts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark up on parts

Hook up to my air cart alarm goes off tells me bin depth sensor shot in bin 1 and bin 2 go pick up two sensors 593.00 a piece. Bend over,take it dry, lube extra. Out of control these dealers ,make in canada sensors, how much mark up you guys think?

I wondered how the dealership superstores would pay. Guess we're finding out

Comment

Did the same last year on a tank of ours. Other tank had a string of them quit , f#$k it. Cameras instead now.
      Parts are getting retarded. But... Cheaper than losing $200,000 per piece of farm equipment in the first oil change or greasing interval. Hope the BTO's keep needing the latest decal patterns.

Comment

Did you save the old one there is a core rebate.... according to the tag attached to the new one I purchased. So next time I was at dealer I returned my old one and was told the core was worth... $1.00. I took it home with me a told them I would just toss it out if that was the case.

Comment

The price of parts drive me nuts. I check online wherever possible.

I bought a starter a couple years ago for my swather. Luckily I was just putting it away for the season , so I could wait for delivery. Dealer was $380 and I bought it for $135 delivered.

Many wear items for combine and headers I buy at shoup or Sloan express out of the US. I get them to ship to Havre and run down to pick up. Only able to do this preseason because of time involved. Guards for 635f are 14USD vs about 35 cdn.

A few years back I converted to 3" and saved something like 5 or 6,000 on 10,000. The dollar was stronger then though. Had a guy tell me he was frustrated that he had to compete with everyone one in the world because of the internet. I gave him a blank look before I said uhmn, I have always had to compete with the lowest price in the world.

Comment

Post a pic of it.

I bet I can get you the exact sensor wholesale from an electronics distributor for pennies on the dollar.

Comment

RTK...I would have went back to the shop, got a hammer, and smashed the core sensor right before their eyes and shoved a loonie up their ass with the hammer handle...

....but that's just me!
              Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 19, 2017, 23:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyharrows View Post
                Hook up to my air cart alarm goes off tells me bin depth sensor shot in bin 1 and bin 2 go pick up two sensors 593.00 a piece. Bend over,take it dry, lube extra. Out of control these dealers ,make in canada sensors, how much mark up you guys think?
                Same thing happened to me. Was no guarantee it was the bin sensors and was told it could be the ecu... 600 a piece for the sensors, and god only know what for a 20 year old ecu or 1300 for cameras.

Just hate going back to the trough!

Comment

You have to wonder if there is another source for some stuff....they really nail you if the part is proprietary.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                    Same thing happened to me. Was no guarantee it was the bin sensors and was told it could be the ecu... 600 a piece for the sensors, and god only know what for a 20 year old ecu or 1300 for cameras.

Just hate going back to the trough!

What's the problem helmsdale? That's only 200 bushels of high vomi durum or feed barley needed to buy that sensor! Is that not a fair deal?

;-)

Comment

And that is why they are called stealerships.

Comment

I have the same issues on my NH/Flexicoil cart. The depth sensors on tank 2 and 3 (both fert) show a communication error code. Was told $600 for a new one and $500ish for a reman. I am going to go the camera way too. The only thing is what do you do to stop the error from showing up and beeping? Will have to look in the book to see if you can cancel that error setting.

Comment

Filters at NAPA were 29% of Deere price on their sale. Made in same factory, Mexico. 9870 air filter $94. Fuel filter at Deere over $300 each, two used.
                          GM same thing. German made Hengst, $19, $42 at dealer. Same style in some GM and Deere engines.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                            The price of parts drive me nuts. I check online wherever possible.

I bought a starter a couple years ago for my swather. Luckily I was just putting it away for the season , so I could wait for delivery. Dealer was $380 and I bought it for $135 delivered.

Many wear items for combine and headers I buy at shoup or Sloan express out of the US. I get them to ship to Havre and run down to pick up. Only able to do this preseason because of time involved. Guards for 635f are 14USD vs about 35 cdn.

A few years back I converted to 3" and saved something like 5 or 6,000 on 10,000. The dollar was stronger then though. Had a guy tell me he was frustrated that he had to compete with everyone one in the world because of the internet. I gave him a blank look before I said uhmn, I have always had to compete with the lowest price in the world.

There is a parcel service at Plentywood. We use it a lot. ( $5 per item.) I think it is Grove's Furniture Store. I have a business card somewhere I probably could find if anyone needs it.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              What's the problem helmsdale? That's only 200 bushels of high vomi durum or feed barley needed to buy that sensor! Is that not a fair deal?

;-)
                              It's a steal of a deal... for someone!

I remember guys talking about the speed sensor that went on an S670s tailboard being absolutely retardedly expensive from JD. If my mind serves me correctly it was somewhere around $700. They didn't even bother to paint it green, and give it a JD part number. The tag and sensor had Eaton branding and part number on it, and if you punched that into Ebay, you could get *2 day* delivery to anywhere in NA for under $100US. Cervus has to pay for all those shiny new 1/2 ton's, and service trucks. Also gotta cover the rent on those sparkling new monolithic shops with fully outfitted workout rooms, conference rooms, etc etc. Don't forget a tidy return to investors and shareholders.

Too bad they didn't have a "RockAuto" for agricultural parts...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.