• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forfeiting rights for perceived security

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forfeiting rights for perceived security

Well i trust drinking water on an Ontario Native reserve more then the ability of govt to protect me from covid..... here's da list

https://www.watertoday.ca/textm-p.asp?province=8 there's only 89 communities

Maybe expectations should be lowered because regardless whether conservative or liberal, relying on govt for survival, appears to be a very bad idea

Shoal lake ...... advisory since 1997. This can't be real? Is govt trying to kill them? Now i understand white privilege, it's govt incompetence nothing to do with the average person.

Comment

The Feds dont want to fix problems on the reserves, too many govt jobs at stake if problems are actually fixed. I really feel bad for the natives on reserves.

Comment

How much money have each of these bands been given? And not just by the liberal governments conservative also for infrastructure?

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
          How much money have each of these bands been given? And not just by the liberal governments conservative also for infrastructure?
          ^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Every one of those villages has a chief and band council. Don't think of them as a "nation" or even a reserve - they're a village - and no different than the ones many of us live in. My village gets boil water advisories very occasionally and then we - the residents of the village - fix whatever brought on the advisory. The fact that these Indian villages DON'T fix their problems for years tells the whole story. Screaming "It's whitey's fault. It's whitey's fault." isn't a solution.

Comment

My question is, was there mainetenance allowances(paid over time) made for brand new infrastructure built in those "communities".

Tonnes of "MEEP"(Municipal Economic Enhancement Program) money got paid out to non status communities, difference is what ever it funded is usually cared for by the recipients and maintained with money out of their own pockets.

Comment

Give the Hutterites or old pioneer Mennonites half the stuff and money that the natives have received and they would have dug a producing well with shovels , you cant expect to get a head sitting on your ass all day drinking and smoking.

Comment

Originally posted by nibs1 View Post
                Give the Hutterites or old pioneer Mennonites half the stuff and money that the natives have received and they would have dug a producing well with shovels , you cant expect to get a head sitting on your ass all day drinking and smoking.

If they would have been given everything for 3 generations, today they would be no better.

It's not the race of people. It's the environment they are raised in generationally.

Worst thing we ever did for the Indigenous population is make them totally dependent on another group (govt of Canada) for their well-being.

Comment

Harper tried accountability, Trudeau threw it out because he has zero sense of accountability, never has .
                  So yes it will be more of the same for the next generation unfortunately, and all the issues that come with that , addictions , crime , and poor living conditions for those unwilling or unable to help themselves. Some native communities have done very well and used allocated funds wisely and have very few issues , others as pointed out , have not . Accountability and leadership are the only fix , not lack of funding .
                  Needs to start within their own communities.

Comment

The water treatment plants that cost millions to build seem to burn down, I don’t think the fires are accidental, whitey will just keep building more.

Lost of small towns and villages don’t have drinkable water, and lots that are drinkable you probably don’t want to drink.

Comment

Originally posted by nibs1 View Post
                      If I could "like" this post a million times I would. I am getting TIRED of 33% of the people in this country paying 100% of the bills !

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...