• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lobster issue

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lobster issue

Has the federal government really put in an effort to solve this problem?

It seems they have to take some of the responsibility for what is happening by not getting everyone at the table for a fair deal thats good for all...

Marc Miller said the commercial fisherman shouldn't be at the nation to nation meetings....thats a bit discriminatory considering the resources they have put into the industry..

While there has to be a respect for the indigenous people and their ability to fish lobster...it seems no government has put an effort into being proactive...

Anything concluded now is just reactive and may not be in the best interests of the parties involved...

Sort of marketing related as to what happens to the price of Lobster in the next few days.....
    Last edited by bucket; Oct 18, 2020, 08:09.

I haven’t followed this issue closely. I could be completely off base here... So we allow some members of society to catch lobster as they wish but shut down another segment that catches lobster.... hmmm I see no issue here please move along folks

Comment

Originally posted by RTK View Post
      I haven’t followed this issue closely. I could be completely off base here... So we allow some members of society to catch lobster as they wish but shut down another segment that catches lobster.... hmmm I see no issue here please move along folks
      And some eggs ,milk ,chicken and others cant. The natives have an agreement with the gov, what did they give up to get that deal ??

Comment

Life in Liberalland doesn’t sound so good especially if your lobster quota is determined by the pigment of your skin. Nova Scotia votes provincial Liberal and also for Trudeau.

Get out the popcorn and see what lack of leadership will lead to.

Comment

Probably worth paying attention to. Considering that according to the woke, us farmers are using land that belongs to the natives. Will this issue empower them to extend their claims elsewhere in the country?

Comment

Let them fight-I’ll take the lobster. 😂

Comment

I think the natives should be able to catch and hunt all they want. The only stipulation needs to be with equipment before the big bad white man showed up. Means no rifles and pick up trucks!

Comment

Originally posted by tubs View Post
                I think the natives should be able to catch and hunt all they want. The only stipulation needs to be with equipment before the big bad white man showed up. Means no rifles and pick up trucks!
                You mean no more cherry picking the best of both worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                  You mean no more cherry picking the best of both worlds.
                  And that needs to be applied to everyone. The Antifa protesters, pipeline protestors, the anti-capitalists, the eco-warriors etc. It would solve a lot of problems in a hurry. Imagine if Chuck had to live by what he preaches?

Comment

Did anyone consult with the lobsters about their preference?

After all, they have an an established hierarchy.

Comment

Why would anyone be fighting over lobster anyway? Yuck

Comment

The irony just drips off this one. The exact same Indian spokesmen who just a year ago were telling us that illegal blockades were no reason to bring out the police are now screaming for police involvement. Meanwhile the feckless Arsey MPs are sitting on their fat arses. I'd like to believe that is by choice but I expect it is simply their habit.

Comment

Ya let’s all defund police until , ohhh you need police intervention.... lol . It’s the same b/s in the US .
                          I can’t believe how radical those liberal voters are out east .. hola , crazy bunch they are

Comment

Fast forward ...... years. Natural born people of the land white boat people call Canada decide they want all land back. Trudope wants to divide all people, that will include Farmers and the Natural people of the land we stole.

Comment

Could what is happening to farmers in South Africa come to Canada? Quite possibly.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...