• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Western Producer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    30,000 paid subscribers. 3.2 readers per subscription.

If you don't read the Western Producer for general farm news coverage in Saskatchewan, what other options are there for farm news and stories in print and online that have the resources to cover farm news in any credible way?

Almost all the other farm newspapers and publications are are owned by the same company Glacier Farm Media.
    FYI: The Western Producer is owned by GVIC Communications Corp. Any guess what the "G" stands for?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
      Based on the current price of propane, in four years an 8 cents per litre carbon tax on propane will be an additional 21% charge.
      (Current price is 38 cents per litre.)

Natural Gas will also be taxed, but not sure on rate.
      Vote Lieberal for destroying all business in Canada...just hug a green plan, plug your car into your ASS.

Comment

If you went back through the last 2 years of the Western Producers you will see that they have been covering the Carbon Tax and its impact on agriculture.

You may not agree with all the coverage. But their job is not to represent just one side of the discussion and debate.
        Chuck interesting article in National Post:B.C. Greenhouse gas emissions near 2007 levels despite carbon tax. What the article misses is that in 2015 B.C.'s C02 emissions were 61.3 million tonnes, in 2016 they were 62.3 million tonnes and in 2017 as stated by the article they were just over 64.4 million tonnes. B.C. has the most celebrated carbon tax in North America but from 2015 to 2017 their emissions increased by over 5%. What's gives?

Comment

I subscribe to 0 farm publications.
          The odd free or promotional issue ( not Seducer) sneaks in the mail. I skim them occasionally to make sure it's the same shite. Dad's been dead 19 years and he still gets one.
          Damn near impossible to find a relevant article anywhere. Agronomy ok if can find.
          No other CEOs would get Green Acres type garbage in the mail. What's mail?
          Also, the more reclusive I get, the less the phone rings. No chem/seed sales, no govt. Wonder why....

Comment

I was flipping through the channels last night and stopped on tha National for some stupid reason and listened to that Rosemary choochbag talk to the mayor of Vancouver and talk about how green the city is. Stupid broad failed to ask Mayor smartie pants where Vancouver dumps all their shit and garbage. Ocean say hello to plastic straws and turds floating by making u soooo much greener. ****ing airheads on every side now. Reporters are just talking heads that push an agenda. Makes u sick that there are no leaders or people of influence that tell it like it is and create real solutions to real problems.

Comment

If you don't read the Western Producer for general farm news coverage in Saskatchewan, what other options are there for farm news and stories in print and online that have the resources to cover farm news in any credible way?

Almost all the other farm newspapers and publications are are owned by the same company Glacier Farm Media.
              Seriously??? Lol , the week old to two week old one sided propaganda from the WP .... 😂😂

Comment

I dug out some old cash receipts from 1995 that were still kicking around, in that particular year I sold NO 1 large green lentils for .20 lb, today it’s pretty well the same price. Used a 100k combine to get them off, today combine and header are 4 times that or more. What are we going to do??
                How can we keep carrying on?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                  Chuck interesting article in National Post:B.C. Greenhouse gas emissions near 2007 levels despite carbon tax. What the article misses is that in 2015 B.C.'s C02 emissions were 61.3 million tonnes, in 2016 they were 62.3 million tonnes and in 2017 as stated by the article they were just over 64.4 million tonnes. B.C. has the most celebrated carbon tax in North America but from 2015 to 2017 their emissions increased by over 5%. What's gives?
                  I saw that too. The article mentioned economic growth is one reason and increasing emissions from some industrial sectors. Agriculture was mentioned as a source of increased emissions. Farm fuels are exempt in BC I believe.

The good news is BC has good economic growth, the idea that a carbon tax is an economy killer is wrong in BC. A carbon tax is just tool. And maybe not as effective at lower rates.

In BC I think they were able to lower income taxes and other taxes because they were getting more revenue from carbon taxes.

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/canada-news-pmn/b-c-greenhouse-gas-emissions-near-2007-levels-despite-carbon-tax-ndp-data

"The ministry said 2017 emissions fell in several sectors including petroleum, oil and gas extraction, road transport and public electricity and heat production. Sectors where emission increased included manufacturing, off-road transport, residential construction and agriculture.

Heyman said the increases in emissions were associated with B.C.’s growing economy in 2017.

Green party Leader Andrew Weaver said he was concerned with the emissions levels, saying ordinary B.C. residents are doing their part to fight pollution, but industry emissions are largely rising."
                  Last edited by chuckChuck; Sep 10, 2019, 17:24.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                    I dug out some old cash receipts from 1995 that were still kicking around, in that particular year I sold NO 1 large green lentils for .20 lb, today it’s pretty well the same price. Used a 100k combine to get them off, today combine and header are 4 times that or more. What are we going to do??
                    How can we keep carrying on?
                    Gotta quadruple the acres. It’s that simple! Lol

Comment

mostly 90 year olds reading it?

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                        mostly 90 year olds reading it?
                        Just like fake , dead or retired farmers voting for the CWB .... it’s all about the rest of the story ...
                        kinda like the fake temperatures used to manipulate global warming scam .
                        It’s all in data management....or manipulation...... lol

Comment

The good news is BC has good economic growth, the idea that a carbon tax is an economy killer is wrong in BC. A carbon tax is just tool. And maybe not as effective at lower rates.
                          Really? Or maybe just masked by foreign housing money coming in.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5885062/hundreds-of-jobs-on-the-line-amid-latest-blow-to-b-c-forestry-sector/ Hundreds of jobs on the line amid latest blow to B.C. forestry sector

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                            I wonder if you guys/gals could do a story on how much carbon tax is costing farmers
                            Maybe could touch on how Ralph Goodale said there would be no direct carbon tax to farmers
                            One person on here just eluded to on here that it approx 8% direct tax on his propane for grain drying
                            Maybe touch on the fact that the western prairies have had one of the coldest summers ever
                            Could also touch on the fact that farmers cannot pass this charge on , especially in light of the fact that this govt has chased away many of our customers and grain prices have declined and there is no extra money for this foolishness
                            Thank you
                            There is little point having a farm magazine telling farmers what farmers already know. Better to get your story into magazines that people with means and leadership will read. For example, did this interview a few weeks ago where i went up against the VP of RBC about whether or not the data revolution matters for farmers. Well it doesn't, its to price the products you buy more effectively for profit.

https://business.financialpost.com/commodities/agriculture/fourth-agricultural-revolution-will-depend-on-technology-and-skills-rbc-study https://business.financialpost.com/commodities/agriculture/fourth-agricultural-revolution-will-depend-on-technology-and-skills-rbc-study

Write some letters to the editor of major newspapers, your MP, MLA, local paper, magazines, whatever. But telling ourselves our problems has little value.

Comment

wd9, I think there is way more traffic on this site than meets the eye.
                              I would think it's well read and monitored by people looking for "opinion".

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                                wd9, I think there is way more traffic on this site than meets the eye.
                                I would think it's well read and monitored by people looking for "opinion".
                                Geez I better watch my tongue and opinions might be sopped at the border I I ever grace you’re shores again

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.