• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New brands in the seed business - Corteva, Brevant and Pioneer Seeds.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New brands in the seed business - Corteva, Brevant and Pioneer Seeds.

Hi Everyone,

I have been at Farm Shows across North America the past few weeks and one of the biggest changes in the industry has been the new Corteva combination of Dow and Dupont.

Here is a video we did with Brad at Ag In Motion asking him to explain the new Brevant brand.

Thanks,

Joe Dales

Originally posted by joedales View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have been at Farm Shows across North America the past few weeks and one of the biggest changes in the industry has been the new Corteva combination of Dow and Dupont.

Here is a video we did with Brad at Ag In Motion asking him to explain the new Brevant brand.

Thanks,

Joe Dales

thats great more competition, should mean lower prices?

Comment

They should of called it Dowdupont, I get lost as soon as they say the new name. The seed names are just as bad.

Comment

I hope they have the new clubroot resistant, stacked RR , LL and CL all in one so farmers can spray their way to success. Farmers need good canola varieties.

Comment

Multigenic, club root resistance please...GMO should make it easy, but NOT cheap of course. What are the seed prices? Post those when you hear. Bayer/Dekalb True Flex 94CR SRP $790/bag, $15.80/ lb. 7444 SRP $759.50/ bag $15.19/ lb.

Comment

Funny there is a Truflex price when it isn't even registered/accepted by China.

Comment

You could buy 7444 for $465 a bag 3 years ago.

Comment

Before long it’ll be $100 an acre. See it coming. If fertilizer gets stupid 2019 will be a lovely ass raping. Sometimes it makes you want to get off the rollercoaster.

Comment

Canola seed prices.

Just think how much less profitable 35-40bu/ac(and worse) canola is versus 55-60. Especially painful when both were on the same meal plan(inputs) and the poor yeilder is no fault of your own or your farming area, or your land, isn't typically in the highest yeild percentile.

What yeilds is the seed priced for?

And if we could/would all be able to successfully seed at 2 lbs/ac....seed costs would be $30-35/lb. The ****ers would steal your efficiency gains...right furrowtickler? Mark my words, it will happen.

How about a little(or maybe alot) less advertising waste and otherwise flittering away your excessive profits. Quit ratcheting up the prices for the same shit with poor insecticides and inadequate others(Lumiderm fleabeetle control rates).

Comment

Plus remember to seed at a heavy rate because only 50 percent of the high priced seed will grow...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.