• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thunderstorm

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunderstorm

3hrs and going.
    Inch of rain.

More lightning and thunder than all summer.

Crazy.

Snow in forcasts for Saturday.

Welcome to my world.Except snow now.
    Last edited by makar; Sep 10, 2018, 22:52.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
      Knock er down before she snows !
      BTO's here don't own swathers.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
        BTO's here don't own swathers.
        Hahahaha ya the snow will knock er down still don't need a swather maybe a hat rake for that pod shatter stuff.

Comment

Same here lightning all around, some in the clouds like a HOT July day! Climate is changing, be very afraid! 4/10" but real hard for a few minutes, no wind. Maybe the Invigor geniuses will pull their STUPID ads.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
            Knock er down before she snows !
            2009 had oats standing and some in swath get snowed on, standing stuff got bent over but swathed later and took off dry, swaths got the match the next spring. Canola is all swathed though.
            Last edited by blueversi; Sep 11, 2018, 08:51. Reason: Add info

Comment

Should have all canola swath today! Pod shatter I’m on now.

Had wet snow 1966 my dad combined south then lifter header drove back empty and did it south again. Two 55 deere and a Massey.

Spitting now.

Rain and lightning last night like a July rain storm

Comment

I have combined standing crops dry, while swathing guys left theirs out for winter. It depends on amount of snow and timing of the calendar. Has to be more than a flurry. Guys here with swathed wheat and oats right now, I am sure are a bit nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                  I have combined standing crops dry, while swathing guys left theirs out for winter. It depends on amount of snow and timing of the calendar. Has to be more than a flurry. Guys here with swathed wheat and oats right now, I am sure are a bit nervous.
                  Agreed. In 09 we combined standing canary dry on nov 11, had some swathed and couldnt do it until nov15, oh and that was the last day

Comment

Unfortunately the only thing that will move this weather out quicker will be that hurricane set to hit the Carolinas . The next two days will see if it hits at what intensity and if it sucks the jet stream east after it moves through .

Comment

Agree the hurricane could pull the jet stream and change things

Comment

Just starting to snow now in the Peace, snow is making its way south. We are shut down for at least a week. Forecast is 10cm of wet snow. Everything will be flattened. Pretty depressing. Coming off 3 inches of rain on the weekend.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.