• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truflex

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
    We have a TruFlex stewarded plot this year. Including a stacked liberty/glyphosate strip. All looks the same right now.

All product release is subject to trait approval in China, which so far hasn't happened. Its the last of the 7 countries that approve in order to be released in Canada into commercial production. It is registered in Canada.

The TruFlex is a brick wall type of resistance whereas the original was a metabolic type of resistance that was good just past 4 leaf at which point it degraded rapidly and damage occurred. TruFlex strips were sprayed at 360 gm x2 passes, the stacked was 360 gm first pass and then 1.35 liter Liberty second pass, to me this made good sense from a resistant weed management strategy. There were almost no weeds however on the second pass in the field/plot, done at 4 leaf, but protocol required the rate.

Have seen in other truflex plots where there was good sized buckwheat the benefit of 360 was very evident compared to the 180 gm rate.

Any questions, just ask and I will try to answer.
    Got any pics to show us?

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
      Got any pics to show us?
      How does it compare to 7545 and 7444.

Comment

We have a TruFlex stewarded plot this year. Including a stacked liberty/glyphosate strip. All looks the same right now.

All product release is subject to trait approval in China, which so far hasn't happened. Its the last of the 7 countries that approve in order to be released in Canada into commercial production. It is registered in Canada.

The TruFlex is a brick wall type of resistance whereas the original was a metabolic type of resistance that was good just past 4 leaf at which point it degraded rapidly and damage occurred. TruFlex strips were sprayed at 360 gm x2 passes, the stacked was 360 gm first pass and then 1.35 liter Liberty second pass, to me this made good sense from a resistant weed management strategy. There were almost no weeds however on the second pass in the field/plot, done at 4 leaf, but protocol required the rate.

Have seen in other truflex plots where there was good sized buckwheat the benefit of 360 was very evident compared to the 180 gm rate.

I don't know how they can develop anything new without effectively releasing the Jeanie from the bottle,(Triffid Flax, RR Wheat, Glyphosate/Gluphosinate stacked canola).

I guess the developers just have to continue to spoon force feed everyone until they over come their gag reflex and swallow.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
          If you need 2 liters in a field that's been in regular production.... YOU ****ING SUCK AS A PRODUCER
          I believe will allow the same rate as the RR2 DeKalb soybeans.

Comment

20 years since the original Roundup Ready and all they release is a double rate trait! FFS where is all the innovation that was promised by this new technology? And where the **** is the fleabeatle suppressing Canola developed at the U of S more than a decade ago?
            The Canola commissions should be doing a bit more to steer this ship, instead of leaving it all to the last couple companies standing.

Colour me unimpressed.

Comment

Originally posted by ColevilleH2S View Post
              20 years since the original Roundup Ready and all they release is a double rate trait! FFS where is all the innovation that was promised by this new technology? And where the **** is the fleabeatle suppressing Canola developed at the U of S more than a decade ago?
              The Canola commissions should be doing a bit more to steer this ship, instead of leaving it all to the last couple companies standing.

Colour me unimpressed.
              To me the development of these technologies has been a license to print money and waste it.

How many acres of canola are seeded per year at what seed cost(pick a number in the range)?

Yikes....

Comment

Spray what rate your fields need.
                Might reduce post harvest or pre harvest applications.or even preburn in the spring?
                Our farm we have post harvested every acre for many yrs..
                Not sure if it will reduce the amount of roundup we use? Just at a different time.

Comment

I think the higher rate RR varieties will be good, will have a use at times foe higher rates and maybe eliminate burn offs. I think the stackes traits is a bad idea, canola becomes more of a weed that way, less options to control. Lots of guys alternate RR and Invigour systems as part of the crop rotation for volunteer control and resistance management. Will no longer be an option.

Comment

I can see a definite use for it. Any land I bring into production is typically old hay or pasture land, and I prefer to direct seed into it. The other issue we have here with our short growing season and long season crops is no window for post harvest, and the preseed window is very short and typically growth isn't enough to be effective. If I could skip the preseed, and seed a few days earlier then go in with a decent rate(s) in crop, I would get much better control and seed in better time too.

As for RR and LL in one plant, not interested.

Now if only one of the RR companies could create a variety that can compete with Invigor.

Comment

Has anyone seen rr resistant marsetail or water hemp? Think lambs quarters on steroids. There's claims Canada thistle is developing resistance. Both the result of overuse and higher rates. Crop tours of the corn belt foreshadow future issues imo.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                        Has anyone seen rr resistant marsetail or water hemp? Think lambs quarters on steroids. There's claims Canada thistle is developing resistance. Both the result of overuse and higher rates. Crop tours of the corn belt foreshadow future issues imo.

Are you talking about Equisetum Arvense or Conyza canadensis when you refer to marestail?

Equisetum Arvense is all resistant to glyphosate already....

We use way too much and they want even more use... If you have thistles in canola don't spray more gly, spray some clopyralid.

Quit picking up what these super-national companies are laying down... it helps their pocket, not your farm, your soil, or the public.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                          Trufĺex is dekalbs new RR canola that can be sprayed 2 passes at .66 per acre each..double the rate of regular RR canola.
                          For us who bought dekalb in 2013 we get first chance at the latest tech..and the highest price canola ever.. no doubt..
                          I cant wait until I can spray it 3X

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post

Quit picking up what these super-national companies are laying down... it helps their pocket, not your farm, your soil, or the public.
                            Do you realize that out of the millions and billions of acres of TruFlex corn, soy, cotton, that the few million of canola is the only RR crop that isn't TruFlex?

And that RR1 canola is only sorta kinda glyph resistant?

And that you don't have to spray the high rate? Or twice? Or at all?

And that it is your choice not to grow it?

And that you can still get Muster gold and treflan and Edge and Assure and Lontrel if that fits your philosophy?
                            Last edited by wd9; Jul 8, 2018, 18:02.

Comment

Do you realize that out of the millions and billions of acres of TruFlex corn, soy, cotton, that the few million of canola is the only RR crop that isn't TruFlex?

And that RR1 canola is only sorta kinda glyph resistant?

And that you don't have to spray the high rate? Or twice? Or at all?

And that it is your choice not to grow it?

And that you can still get Muster gold and treflan and Edge and Assure and Lontrel if that fits your philosophy?

And what benefit is applying more? We've seen it in corn soy and cotton where gly kills next to nothing even at retarded rates and everyone is turning to other chemistries.

Guys are pushing labrl rates now... All this will do is cause them to again push label rates way higher... Gly is a chelator.

But whatever eventually people will realise it.

Comment

Don't blame the companies for your bad decisions or farming practice. It all rests on your shoulders and is your responsibility to be either good or bad stewards of the land you very temporarily are in care of.

But hey, if you want to spray 2 passes at 360 gm in canola, someday - and i kinda doubt it will even be approved next year, it will be available someday for YOU to decide to purchase and use.

The TruFlex doesn't look any different then the RT73 gene canola beside it. You can just use more roundup on it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.