• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Federal Election

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Federal Election

I realize we are over a year away from the next federal election but many recent events could come into play in the next election and I am wondering how everyone on here feels this will play out. First the election of Doug Ford and his dismantling of cap and trade. The Ontario electorate have to a degree voted against a carbon tax. Catherine McKenna has vowed that in provinces without an acceptable carbon tax plan a $20 tonne carbon tax will be imposed as of Jan. 1,2019. The federal government is also threatening to withhold over $400 million in green funding from Ontario if they continue dismantling cap and trade without a new alternative. Ontario being Canada's most populous province makes it very important to a federal parties electoral success. Can Trudeau win an election fighting for a carbon tax? Then the groping story which has taken the sheen off of our self proclaimed feminist Prime Minister, will this affect his electoral chances? Then we have Doug Ford and Toronto mayor John Tory going after the federal government over funding the influx of illegal migrants and Trudeau's condescension on this issue. Will this come into play? The federal government's purchase of Kinder Morgan appears to be supported by a majority of Canadians. In my opinion it demonstrated that the federal liberal's completely mishandled this file and this purchase has done nothing to improve the investment climate in Canada. I also believe that left of center voters attracted to Trudeau's various left of center policies like election reform and reforming our pipeline approval process may go to the NDP rather than trust Trudeau again. Interested in everybody's thoughts!
    Last edited by Hamloc; Jul 9, 2018, 07:20.

Ham

Who's going to beat Trudeau? There's no one with any more talent than Trudeau

Scheer is invisible, anti-abortion , and admitted he is Harpo 2.0 with a smile.

You guys can run Trudeau down all you want, but your Conservative alternative is not an improvement of any sort. Neither have leader ship qualities!

Comment

Agree.leaders of all parties should at least have half a brain..Canada screwed..

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
        Who's going to beat Trudeau? There's no one with any more talent than Trudeau
        We will worry about talent later, right now its vote out Trudeau before he wrecks the place. We should pay him $50M to resign. Be much cheaper. I would kill to have harper at the reigns of this country right now.

Comment

Jazz

We will worry about talent later, right now its vote out Trudeau before he wrecks the place. I would kill to have harper at the reigns of this country right now.

"Worry later" isn't the attitude you yourself would describe voters who voted for Trudeau in Oct /2015? Now you feel we should go that route again? Not a much of a solution.

As for you killing to have Closet Boy back as PM why not wish for someone who had a little bit more business experience then the mail room clerk, Harpo. Paul Martin was tackling the deficit but you Conservatives were more interested in making change, so here we go again you guys wanting change with nothing to offer!

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
            Paul Martin was tackling the deficit but you Conservatives were more interested in making change, so here we go again you guys wanting change with nothing to offer!
            Kill to have martin back in there too. Kill to have a baboon in there.

The hate for harper is borderline manical. They guy did nothing radical and held the rudder nice and steady through a lot of crap. He stayed in his office until 9pm, didnt run around without a shirt and attended parliament regularly.

Scheer doesnt need to offer anything except a repudiation of the SJW identity politics nutso ideology that T2 and his incompetent cronies cooked up and infected the country with.
            Last edited by jazz; Jul 7, 2018, 14:39.

Comment

As witnessed in Ontario, if the election is a referendum on the failed carbon tax farce, Trudeau and McKenna will be retired from public office. (Similar to Wynne)
              If the Liberals boot Trudeau and replace him with someone with less skeletons “groping issues” they will have a better chance.

If the NDP and the Leap Manifesto crowd can gain traction they could pick up many of Trudeau’s “legalize pot” and “free stuff” voters.

Interesting times ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                If the Liberals boot Trudeau and replace him with someone with less skeletons “groping issues” they will have a better chance.
                There isnt a single person in that cabinet that is qualified for their current positions let alone to become PM.

Had Harper played a little less ego, we might have a Peter McKay type ready to go. Scheer probably holds the Liberals to a shaky minority, but then we would need someone like Wall to bring in the killer blow in 2024. Either way, stopping the liberal agenda is key.

Comment

I often hear Michelle Rempel on The Roy Green Show. I think she has more gravitas than Scheer.

Did the LPC(by membership purchases), usurp the NDP by making sure a weak leader was elected, allowing Trudeau more latitude to the left, if so need be? I wonder about that, because since Singh won the leadership, it's been a steady slide down in the polls for the NDP.

Hard to think Liberals could hold on to seats in SW B.C. and parts of Ont. Maritimes I can see it, as well as CueBeck and northern Canada, because they like their freebees too.

If Scheer is gonna win, it'll have to come from Ont.

Comment

I think Rona Ambrose is more capable than either Scheer or Rempel. Her work on the NAFTA advisory panel shows that she can set petty party politics aside and work along with Crystia Freeland to get the best deal possible for Canada. That's the kind of Prime Minister you want.

Comment

It is to bad Scheer doesn't have more of a bite. He is hard to take serious with that permeant grin he always has.
                      Just really seams like a missed opportunity when Rona didn't look at the job, I think she would have had a lot of success and could have easily beat dope head.
                      The main thing will be getting rid of Trudeau before the country is destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                        I think Rona Ambrose is more capable than either Scheer or Rempel. Her work on the NAFTA advisory panel shows that she can set petty party politics aside and work along with Crystia Freeland to get the best deal possible for Canada. That's the kind of Prime Minister you want.
                        Hell has frozen over. I agree 100% with you on this. Rona is smart, and well spoken, thinks on her feet, moderate. Hopefully she takes a run when Scheer reaches his best before date.

Comment

I am hoping that Sheer will surprise us. I would have picked Rona too.

Comment

Kick the bum out. We need iq and drug tests from here on out. I'm not saying sheer but don't be color blind.

Comment

Wow grass I must be pissed I read your comment on Rona and this guy thinks like me. Wait it’s grass.

Yes she should of continued and become the first female long term leader of Canada .

My vote would of went to her.

Well maybe we aren’t so far apart on some things.

Righ now playing politics sheer should keep saying nothing do his stupid smile and let Trudeau **** up every day except personal days'

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.